Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,065

0 members and 2,065 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Thanks

First ever ball python! So obsessed!

Hello everyone! I'm a bit new to this forum and to ball python keeping, but, I figured I'd show you all my very first ball python!

He he is a 1.0 Fire Genetic Stripe (according to breeder), and his name is Dewey. I don't have any pictures of him besides the one the breeder has sent me since I'm working on ~perfecting~ his terrarium before I get him shipped. Nonetheless, I'm in love! I'm a sucker for anything with the genetic stripe gene though, so it's not unexpected for me lol.

If anyone's wondering where I am receiving him from, I purchased him from Royal Constrictor Designs run by Garrick DeMeyer. The customer service was A+ and I have yet to find a bad review of him or his business regarding health of the snakes. Anyone else purchase a ball python, crested gecko, or other animal from him? I'd love to hear!

Okay enough yapping, here's the pic!

Lemme know what you guys think of the lil guy! Thanks a bunch for reading!
    Dewey
    He ain't scare of no things

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to GiddyGoat For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

Albert Clark (09-10-2017),Craiga 01453 (09-10-2017),EDR (09-10-2017),EvilKitty (09-10-2017),Finn0208 (09-09-2017),Gerardo (11-29-2017),GreenTea (09-09-2017),Kira (09-09-2017),L.West (09-11-2017),Maddlesrain (12-04-2017),MissterDog (09-09-2017),se7en (09-11-2017),Starscream (09-10-2017),the_rotten1 (10-10-2017),tttaylorrr (09-11-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts
    Super-nice looking snake. I bet he will look awesome as a big, fat adult python!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

GiddyGoat (09-09-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts
    Congrats and a warm welcome! I'm also a new keeper and got my first ball python from the same breeder! So definitely agreeing Garrick has amazing service and incredible snakes! I admit I had considered getting to one of his butter genetic stripes before I fell in love with my mystic potion. But darn there were so many other morphs from him I wanted! Lol

So excited for you! When is your little guy coming home?
    Last edited by MissterDog; 09-09-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MissterDog For This Useful Post:

GiddyGoat (09-09-2017)

Thanks

Re: First ever ball python! So obsessed!

Quote Originally Posted by carldordelman View Post
    Super-nice looking snake. I bet he will look awesome as a big, fat adult python!
    Thanks so much!! I can't wait to see his chubby self when he gets older (not that I want him overweight lol). I'll be posting plenty of updates once I actually get him shipped home, haha.
    Last edited by GiddyGoat; 09-09-2017 at 10:58 PM.
    Dewey

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyGoat View Post
    Thanks so much!! I can't wait to see his chubby self when he gets older (not that I want him overweight lol). I'll be posting plenty of updates once I actually get him shipped home, haha.
    The males don't really get that fat actually. They get long, but not thick. I like the females better, because they get HUGE, and their pattern looks even more dramatic as full-blown thick adults.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    Congrats and a warm welcome! I'm also a new keeper and got my first ball python from the same breeder! So definitely agreeing Garrick has amazing service and incredible snakes! I admit I had considered getting to one of his butter genetic stripes before I fell in love with my mystic potion. But darn there were so many other morphs from him I wanted! Lol

So excited for you! When is your little guy coming home?
    Yeah, Garrick is awesome and I'm so glad I found him.

Mystic. Potions. Are. So. Beautiful. If I had the budget, I'd totally get one of those beauties. Would you mind sharing a pic? But I still love Dewey, and I think he looks really good compared to what I got him for, if I must say so. The genetic stripes... haha, they always get me.

It really depends on when I can get out to do some shopping. I posted a thread on this, but I'll give a summary :3. I'm having some problems with my cool side and ambient temps, so after posting a thread I've figured out what I need to purchase. I don't want him home until I can get my terrarium conditions spot on, and right now it's not really a definite as to when that'll happen. POSSIBLY within the next couple of weeks or so. Thanks a bunch for the welcome also! This place is so great, and the people on here are so amazing. I've been lurking on this forum, and I'm so glad I finally registered myself!
    Dewey

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GiddyGoat For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (09-10-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carldordelman View Post
    The males don't really get that fat actually. They get long, but not thick. I like the females better, because they get HUGE, and their pattern looks even more dramatic as full-blown thick adults.
    T H I C C

Haha, jk jk. But yeah, I decided to go with a male because I didn't wanna freak my family out and they're smaller than the ladies, and also because I just seem to gravitate towards male animals when I get pets. It's weird, lol. Ball pythons as a species though I consider a little chubby, hehe.
    Dewey

Thanks
    He's lovely, I love anything striped too! I got a mystic potion with a stripe down his back. So fun to watch them slither when they have a stripe.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
    He's lovely, I love anything striped too! I got a mystic potion with a stripe down his back. So fun to watch them slither when they have a stripe.
    Thank you! And I agree 100%... *slither slither* I've been so excited lately that I can't sleep haha. I'm just like, "holy shiz.. I did it... I'm actually getting a snake!". Ahh, how much I love the noodles of the reptiles world.

Dang look at you gettin' the best of both worlds there! Very awesome!
    Dewey

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyGoat View Post
    Yeah, Garrick is awesome and I'm so glad I found him.

Mystic. Potions. Are. So. Beautiful. If I had the budget, I'd totally get one of those beauties. Would you mind sharing a pic? But I still love Dewey, and I think he looks really good compared to what I got him for, if I must say so. The genetic stripes... haha, they always get me.

It really depends on when I can get out to do some shopping. I posted a thread on this, but I'll give a summary :3. I'm having some problems with my cool side and ambient temps, so after posting a thread I've figured out what I need to purchase. I don't want him home until I can get my terrarium conditions spot on, and right now it's not really a definite as to when that'll happen. POSSIBLY within the next couple of weeks or so. Thanks a bunch for the welcome also! This place is so great, and the people on here are so amazing. I've been lurking on this forum, and I'm so glad I finally registered myself!
    Of course! Here is the thread I have for him
    https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...ression-Thread!

Good on you for giving yourself plenty of time to make sure your set up is ready. I'm sure Dewey will be one happy snek when it's time and he's settled
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast