Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,039

1 members and 2,038 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Dial Up Warning - More Kashmire Pictures

I tell you what, my digital camera hasn't gotten this much use in FOREVER!!!!

It's not like I love my Kashmire or anything!

First picture is my new avatar, and where Kash likes to "hide" from his momma so that she thinks he's escaped when she looks into his hides for him! LOL Next pictures are him having enough of the picture taking and entering his hide from the top. Love that boy!

Registered User HelicopterPilot's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Dial Up Warning - More Kashmire Pictures

Hey is that the tree thingy from Petco? Does your BP like it. Also is your bp a morph or is it the camera. Either way he looks rather nice

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I got that hide from PetSmart, actually. Nope, he's "just" a normal male (but if the ball gods love me, he'll be a female when he's probed! LOL). I got him from a company in CA that sells captive hatched from Ghana and he was sold as a male. When he's a little older, I'll have him probed just to make sure!

Registered User HelicopterPilot's Avatar
    Thanks

Just a quick question since you mentioned male or female. Why are females more expensive (especially in morphs) than males

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah, and he loves that hide. It's actually on the cool side, but because of the location of the enclosure, I need to keep a basking light over that side to keep the temps around 82 degrees. At night it gets changed to an infrared bulb. I think he enjoys the heat from it. His warm side hide is a half log and that side I keep the screen top covered with Glad Press & Seal and those temps are 92. He enjoys several different parts of his enclosure, just depends on where he wants to be. When I wasn't looking after taking these pics, he moved over to his warm side hide.

The top picture is when Kashmire likes to give me a heart attack thinking he escaped, because I naturally look INSIDE both hides for him and behind his driftwood and when he's not in one of those three places I panic! LOL

Thanks
    Blog Entries

My assumption is because it's the gals that give you the babies, but a breeder would have to answer that. Maybe Adam will see your question and answer.

Thanks

Beautiful snake.
    I love your set up too, makes mine seem very boring - what is your substrate?
    1.0 Normal Ball Python (Monty)
    Various fish
    0.1 Wife

Thanks

Great pics Robin! Boy I'm not letting Baby or Punkin spy Kash's home, they'd be way jealous. I love these sterilite tubs but they don't leave much headspace for interesting cage decorations. We'll be moving to a racking system this year at some point (running out of big flat empty space LOL) so the decorating options will be even less.

Is that aspen bedding?

~~Jo~~
    ~~Joanna~~

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes, Joanna - it's Aspen. Thanks for the compliments on Kash's set-up. It's really quite a simple set-up (2 hides - one just happens to be fancy looking- water dish, a piece of driftwood and some Aspen substrate - it used to be Coconut Bark). I haven't even done what I call "prettying up the place" yet. I just wanted to concentrate on his husbandry first, and aesthetics later. I'd like to add some fake plants in there to add some more hiding places for him (not hides, but hiding "places"), like maybe some of that fake ivy looking stuff.

My girl friend and I were in PetSmart about a week after I got Kash, looking at the fake plants, and I kid you not, they have some that looks JUST like weed (and I'm not referring to weeds that you pull out of your garden). I looked at it, turned to her, looked at her and said "does this look like what I think it looks like?" She said "Yes, it looks exactly what you think it looks like". Just shook my head, and walked on to look at other stuff!

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Kurgan,

Thank you for compliments on my set-up. Well, your snake makes my snake look boring! LOL. I love the pics of your snake too!