Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,988

0 members and 2,988 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Forgotten morphs

I have been reading a few older books recently and have come across a few morphs that I no longer see in the market. I assume that they were proven "uninheritable" but after further consideration I began to wonder how many of these traits are more than just simple recessive. I have not been into the hobby for long and have not yet bred anything so was wondering what the more experienced members thought about this. Also what morphs are you all aware of that have gone by the wayside, especially the ones that may fit into my line if thought?
    RAD House Reptiles

Thanks

Re: Forgotten morphs

I got one how about sable. Talk about a gene i just don't see. I also got some runner ups like mocha, harlequin, and trick. All of these gene's are legit they just never really took off. And i know there are people who do have them my self included but let's be honest we never really see these.

With all this said i want to add a quick rant about how disappointing it is that trick gets over looked. Very legitimate gene it just needs a better name. Hopefully i'll yes me get a chance to showcase some trick pied stuff down the road.

Just for the community's viewing pleasure some pics of my trick het pied girl.

Additional bonus pic of supposed trick pied i got from a breeder buddy. Based on the pattern i do believe this is a trick pied. Hopefully trick is one of the few gene's that holds up well to pied. And for the people who aren't sure of what i'm talking about. Pied bald mixed with most other gene's tends to lead to a mostly white if not all white snake and then what's the point. Some time I might look for a enchi pinstripe pied male to try with her. Enchi is one of the few other gene's that hold up well to pied. But that's it sorry if i'm typing to much guys heck i think its an interesting read right? (shrugs shoulders) lol. salute emoji why not lol.
    Last edited by EDR; 09-10-2017 at 05:47 AM.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EDR For This Useful Post:

CKan145 (09-20-2017),Godzilla78 (09-10-2017),Ronniex2 (09-22-2017),the_rotten1 (09-13-2017),Vipera Berus (09-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts
    That trick pied is WICKED! Unique for sure.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

EDR (09-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EDR View Post
    I got one how about sable. Talk about a gene i just don't see. I also got some runner ups like mocha, harlequin, and trick. All of these gene's are legit they just never really took off. And i know there are people who do have them my self included but let's be honest we never really see these.

With all this said i want to add a quick rant about how disappointing it is that trick gets over looked. Very legitimate gene it just needs a better name. Hopefully i'll yes me get a chance to showcase some trick pied stuff down the road.
    Well I'm probably not the only one with the opinion that sable ruins more morphs than it compliments, I think its easy to see why it never really took off. Harlequin got renamed to malum and kevins doing some interesting things with it still. I just got a spider malum this year.

It's kinda funny I forgot about the trick, It was the next big thing for a while with a price most couldn't touch, then it just seemed to disappear. Well if there isn't much being done with it, gives you time to make a must have combo with it and reignite some excitement.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OhhWatALoser For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (09-13-2017),EDR (09-13-2017),Godzilla78 (09-10-2017),Vipera Berus (09-13-2017)

Thanks
    Forgotten morphs, ARAZA. Discovery credited to John Berry. Looks like a normal but with a reduced pattern and almost no black spots at all. I recently bought one by pure chance, didn't;t even know what it was when I bought it, but I loved the pattern!

this is an internet photo of an ARAZA.

another link...

and finally the HUGE ARAZA FEMALE that I recently acquired and plan on breeding.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

EDR (09-13-2017),Enirei (09-13-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by OhhWatALoser View Post
    Well I'm probably not the only one with the opinion that sable ruins more morphs than it compliments, I think its easy to see why it never really took off. Harlequin got renamed to malum and kevins doing some interesting things with it still. I just got a spider malum this year.

It's kinda funny i forgot about the trick, It was the next big thing for a while with a price most couldn't touch, then it just seemed to disappear. Well if there isn't much being done with it, gives you time to make a must have combo with it and reignite some excitement.
    Thanks for the impute owal i didn't know they renamed harlequin. Good to know kevin is working on malum stuff. Could you show a picture of your malum spider?

And thanks for the trick comments yeah hopefully i could like you said reignite some excitement in the gene. Based off the trick pied picture i'd like to believe a trick pinstripe pastel pied will look great. Cheetah pastel pied was and maybe still is one of my ideas down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by carldordelman View Post
    Forgotten morphs, ARAZA. Discovery credited to John Berry. Looks like a normal but with a reduced pattern and almost no black spots at all. I recently bought one by pure chance, didn't;t even know what it was when I bought it, but I loved the pattern!

this is an internet photo of an ARAZA.

another link...

and finally the HUGE ARAZA FEMALE that I recently acquired and plan on breeding.
    Nice araza good luck with her carldordelman. I like when people tinker with some of the newer gene's. I guess it may not be the best idea but maybe azara is a good gene to mix with enchi stuff to help amp enchi up. I say amp cause azara has bands and no spots so maybe they can help make a even better enchi. Again good luck.
    Last edited by EDR; 09-13-2017 at 09:12 AM.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Thanks

Nice araza good luck with her carldordelman. I like when people tinker with some of the newer gene's. I guess it may not be the best idea but maybe azara is a good gene to mix with enchi stuff to help amp enchi up. I say amp cause azara has bands and no spots so maybe they can help make a even better enchi. Again good luck.
    It is a cool idea, to make a ench-araza combo! I really think Araza looks more clean and even more reduced pattern than Enchi. I own a pretty piebald and a ghost, yet I prize the araza the most! Just such a stunning, rare pattern to me! I will take more photos later, right now she is in blue, and needs to be left alone.
    Last edited by Godzilla78; 09-13-2017 at 09:45 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

EDR (09-16-2017)

Thanks

i have a mocha calico. I knew about mocha but never really looked into it until i saw an itty bitty baby at the pomona show. Couldnt resist so we walked away with him.
    i've got a few things i wanna put him with in the future if i can get my hands on any, but at the moment hes still too small and young to even smell a female and know he's a man x3

I'd love to add trick to my collection, just cuz i like the name mostly.

how about KRG (Kalabash Reduction Gene)? anyone with any in their collection, or nah, just a few for sale, and they're all from the same breeder?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Potatoren For This Useful Post:

EDR (09-22-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Potatoren View Post
    i have a mocha calico. I knew about mocha but never really looked into it until i saw an itty bitty baby at the pomona show. Couldnt resist so we walked away with him.
    i've got a few things i wanna put him with in the future if i can get my hands on any, but at the moment hes still too small and young to even smell a female and know he's a man x3

I'd love to add trick to my collection, just cuz i like the name mostly.

how about KRG (Kalabash Reduction Gene)? anyone with any in their collection, or nah, just a few for sale, and they're all from the same breeder?
    Thanks for the input. Can you post a pic of the mocha calico. I'd love to see it. I don't think I've ever seen one.

If you like trick go for it. I sure you can get something pretty nice for a decent price.

And for KRG i'm not very familiar with it but thanks for reminding me about it.

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Thanks

Thanks for the input. Can you post a pic of the mocha calico. I'd love to see it. I don't think I've ever seen one.

If you like trick go for it. I sure you can get something pretty nice for a decent price.

And for KRG i'm not very familiar with it but thanks for reminding me about it.
    Sure!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Potatoren For This Useful Post:

Albey (09-22-2017),DaDe_Reptiles (09-22-2017),dr del (09-22-2017),EDR (09-22-2017),Godzilla78 (09-22-2017),Ronniex2 (09-22-2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast