Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,116

1 members and 3,115 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: What is worng with my Boa?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutti View Post
    If i notice that anything is not normal i will adjust things.
    Dutti, I understand that you are trying to do what's best for your boa, but what counts as "not normal" in your book? I'd say that having problems with constipation twice is not normal, and that something has to change. He definitely won't starve if you cut the size of the rats you're feeding him, in fact, his digestive system will benefit from being relieved of the stress of digesting such a large meal.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    I think you need to listen to experienced breeders and handlers. It was said that a poster told you your food size was to large in a different thread and now multiple people in this thread are trying to help you and you shrugged them off. They want your animal to be happy and to help you. And if your vet is "too busy" to ask questions then that's not a vet I would continue going too. This is about the well being of your animal, they rely on you to to PROPERLY take care of them., which means listening to people to know more than you do. I suggest you change your stubborn tone or your animal will suffer again or die. I read this entire thread and was appaled at your lack receptiveness of the feedback given to you.
    Last edited by Sunnieskys; 09-14-2017 at 10:56 PM.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunnieskys For This Useful Post:

Kira (09-16-2017),MissterDog (09-15-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

My boa is really in good hands. As i said i,m watching things carefully. If i gave him small rats, he will need about 4 of them each feeding or he will remain hungry. Not normal to me would be for example if he gets constipated a third time then i will certainly review the size of his meal.

Thanks

My boa is really in good hands. As i said i,m watching things carefully. If i gave him small rats, he will need about 4 of them each feeding or he will remain hungry. Not normal to me would be for example if he gets constipated a third time then i will certainly review the size of his meal.
    Not normal a third time???? Twice even once would make me make the changes. You need to listen to these people, they give valuable tips. They have years of experience. I come first if I feel something is not right. and I normally get a very educated answer swiftly.

Don't understand why some people have issue not being right.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie39 View Post
    Not normal a third time???? Twice even once would make me make the changes. You need to listen to these people, they give valuable tips. They have years of experience. I come first if I feel something is not right. and I normally get a very educated answer swiftly.

Don't understand why some people have issue not being right.
    Ask any one of those experts he will tell you that feeding one prey item per feeding is better than feeding multible prey items per feeding. And i am not feeding that often, i,m trying to space it up as much as i can. I can only reduce the size a bit not much. As i said, otherwise i have to feed him multible prey items per feeding which is worst. Nothing to do with being right or wrong. I am not saying that i,m right, just saying not possible to feed him small rats now.

Thanks

Ask any one of those experts he will tell you that feeding one prey item per feeding is better than feeding multible prey items per feeding. And i am not feeding that often, i,m trying to space it up as much as i can. I can only reduce the size a bit not much. As i said, otherwise i have to feed him multible prey items per feeding which is worst. Nothing to do with being right or wrong. I am not saying that i,m right, just saying not possible to feed him small rats now.
    You have to leave them hungry, that's the point. They'll eat until they burst if you let them. Opportunistic feeders. Do you feed your dog until he passes out right about to explode? Hopefully not. If you really care about the animal, then do what's right. I don't even know how a snake of the size you describe could eat a rat that big in the first place.

Thanks

I think you're missing the point which is, your boa doesn't need the amount of food you're giving him! I don't know which experts you are referring too, but everything that I've read says that feeding your snake an overly large item is unhealthy and dangerous.

Ball Pythons

1.0 Normal (Fírnen)

Wishlist
    Pokigron Suriname BCC
    Mexican Black Kingsnake

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joci For This Useful Post:

Kira (09-16-2017),MissterDog (09-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts
    Wow...the amount of "I think I know everything" is astounding to me. You are going to INJURE your snake or even KILL it, because YOU know all and can do no wrong.

And a THIRD time? Are you flipped serious? Get your head out of your snakes behind and see the light again my friend. It should have been corrected the first time but you chose not to listen then either.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnieskys For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (09-17-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts
    Everyone is telling you what you're doing is harmful to your boa, have you considered there may be a reason for that?

You have to really ask yourself, what's more important? Your ego or your snake's health? Is it more important to prove and insist your way is best or making the correct adjustments for your snake to thrive?
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MissterDog For This Useful Post:

Kira (09-16-2017)

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

I can only reduce the size a bit not much. As i said, otherwise i have to feed him multible prey items per feeding which is worst.
    I am confused by that statement, you can reduce the size. Nothing wrong with that. It's not ideal to feed smaller multiple, true, but it's also not terrible and it depends on the species. How are you determining what he needs to be fed?
    A large boa can and will take a single small prey item. They will adjust over time to it.
    Anyways... good luck with your boa.
    For the Horde!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast