Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 894

2 members and 892 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I have had dreams about snakes. But it's not common. Most of the dreams I can remember are super weird.

The last one I remember was that I kept walking into walking into snake rooms that I don't have but my dream mind told me "Oh yeah I do have these. How could I have forgotten I had these?! I haven't been here is months! How are they all still alive!"
    Last edited by MasonC2K; 09-07-2017 at 02:20 PM.
    - Mason

Thanks

Re: Do you DREAM about snakes?

No. Unless the Basilisk in one of the Harry Potter movies counts! lol

Thanks
    All the time. I've had dreams where my little noodle was starving and trying to eat things she shouldn't. I've also had dreams where I have several snakes but not enough enclosures. I also had one where she laid a bunch of eggs, some of which hatched into bearded dragons or leopard geckos. Leopard geckos usually show up in my snake dreams, I don't know why, I've never owned one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by elleon View Post
    I've only had my bp for about a month or so now, but I've had dreams where he was stuck in his tank decor log (I've since taken this out of his tank just because I couldn't handle being stressed about that all the time.) I also had a dream that I received two baby bp's in the mail that I had apparently forgotten I'd ordered. I wasn't expecting them, they were so young, and I didn't have any enclosure ready for them, so I was frantically trying to find a Tupperware in the kitchen that would be appropriate for holding them for the time being. I was so upset in the dream that I actually woke myself up to stop dreaming about it. Dreams can be weird, but they can tell you about real-life stresses sometimes. I've been worried about messing up my husbandry since I first got my little guy.
    oh my gosh elleon! Snake stress dreams are too real!! I had a similar recurring nightmares when I first got my baby noodle-- one in particular where my thermostat stopped working and my beep got severely burned. I was so upset I woke myself up and monitored her cage temps (that were totally fine) when I was realized going back to sleep wasn't in the cards. I was also worried about messing up my husbandry at first, and was reading cautionary tales (some horror stories ) and husbandry info a bit too close to bedtime... caused some wild nightmares!

Thanks

I have a cold right now, so my dreams are stranger than usual lol. Yesterday I took a nap and during that nap I had my first dream about ball pythons.
    In this dream, I met a lady who had two daughters and couldn't afford to care for her collection of baby ball pythons any longer. She was carrying the hatchlings in the pockets of her hoodie/pants. I knew that I couldn't care for the collection either, but I could just let the babies be homeless! So basically I just spent the whole dream just sitting there in indecision until I woke up 😂

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Joci For This Useful Post:

Trisnake (09-13-2017)

Thanks
    I dream about snakes pretty regularly, it's kinda weird.

Its almost always something about finding or losing a snake though. Usually I have dreams where I'll be outside in my back yard (or somewhere else, setting changes) gathering ball pythons that are slithering all over the lawn and panicking because I don't have enough places to put them all lmao, I end up with an armful of snakes and a bunch draped over me and some of them falling off and its just super strange.

Thanks
    I usually have nightmares about my snakes escaping or dying because my brain likes to torture me. But sometimes I dream about mundane stuff like cleaning, breeding, and getting new enclosures. If I put a lot of thought into doing anything with my snakes I usually end up dreaming about it.

Once in awhile I dream about getting more snakes, but then I wake up and I'm relieved there are no new additions.
    ~ Ball Pythons - Rosy Boas - - Western Hognose Snakes - Mexican Black Kingsnakes - Corn Snakes ~

Check me out on iHerp, Instagram, & visit my store!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to the_rotten1 For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (09-13-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts
    One time I accidentally had a litter of rat pups born in my house, when my male ball python went into "mating season mode" and refused meals for 7 weeks. It started to stress me out, having to take care of the rats. I started to have anxiety dreams about rat problems!

Real event, not a dream: Around this time, it was too was stressful for me and I seriously considered selling my snake. Then he finally went into a frenzy one day, when I put him next to the entire rat box. He killed two of them simultaneously, coiling one and while still constricting it, he stuck and constricted another one! It was amazing, constricting two live animals simultaneously! tHat got me motivated and I killed all the rats and put them in the freezer.

Now, I love snakes again and have 4 more. I have switched to frozen/thawed. It is more difficult to get the snakes to take the pre-killed animals, but I don't have to deal with keeping refused rats any more.

This isn't a dream, it all really happened, but point is that nightmares about feeding my ball python helped me make decisions!
    I hope I have some more dreams about snakes, now that I have a collection I am obsessed with.
    Last edited by Godzilla78; 09-13-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12