Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,053

2 members and 3,051 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,195 Times in 2,638 Posts

Animal Plastics T25 custom enclosure

Rather than continue adding to my SD retic thread I thought I'd add some pics and description here about my new T25 from animal plastics.
    I had AP add a custom raised lower door track because my kalatoa retic loved to jam her head into the gap between the right door and the litter dam in her other AP cage, causing her to get abrasions on her bottom jaw.

Also had them groove a channel for LED lights in the rear of the cage. However the 10" wide shelf along the back blocked most of the light from getting to about 80% of the cage floor.

Very dark and would be hard to see in the cage for general observation or cleaning.
    Solution: got another strip of LEDs and sealed them along the top front and sides of the interior, sealing them in place with the Lexel sealant that comes with AP cages.

Had to drill a hole through the left side vent to feed the connection end of the lights through but it's pretty unnoticeable.

Also installed a reptile basics xl hide on the cool side ceiling using mirror mounting brackets screwed into the top of the cage with 3/4" countersink #8 screws. Arboreal hide spot for my bigger retic to explore.

Also drilled a couple 5/16" holes through the vents in the back wall to feed thermostat probes, thermometer probes, etc in and out of the cage.
    Currently just waiting for sealant to cure and then getting the temps dialed in and giving Phyllis some slick new digs! I'll post more pics here and in Phyllis's thread once it's all up and running.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jmcrook; 08-31-2017 at 04:33 PM.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (08-31-2017),Addiction (08-31-2017),BR8080 (09-01-2017),Craiga 01453 (08-31-2017),Gio (08-31-2017),John1982 (09-02-2017),Jules623 (08-31-2017),MissterDog (09-03-2017),natboomer (09-02-2017),Sauzo (08-31-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Re: Animal Plastics T25 custom enclosure

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrook View Post
    Rather than continue adding to my SD retic thread I thought I'd add some pics and description here about my new T25 from animal plastics.
    I had AP add a custom raised lower door track because my kalatoa retic loved to jam her head into the gap between the right door and the litter dam in her other AP cage, causing her to get abrasions on her bottom jaw.

Also had them groove a channel for LED lights in the rear of the cage. However the 10" wide shelf along the back blocked most of the light from getting to about 80% of the cage floor.

Very dark and would be hard to see in the cage for general observation or cleaning.
    Solution: got another strip of LEDs and sealed them along the top front and sides of the interior, sealing them in place with the Lexel sealant that comes with AP cages.

Had to drill a hole through the left side vent to feed the connection end of the lights through but it's pretty unnoticeable.

Also installed a reptile basics xl hide on the cool side ceiling using mirror mounting brackets screwed into the top of the cage with 3/4" countersink #8 screws. Arboreal hide spot for my bigger retic to explore.

Also drilled a couple 5/16" holes through the vents in the back wall to feed thermostat probes, thermometer probes, etc in and out of the cage.
    Currently just waiting for sealant to cure and then getting the temps dialed in and giving Phyllis some slick new digs! I'll post more pics here and in Phyllis's thread once it's all up and running.

Very well done! It looks beautiful on that hardwood floor too.

I can't wait to see the substrate added and Philly in there with some decor.

I'm not looking forward to building mine right now. It is huge 72" x 30" x 24". I have a tree trunk that will be added in, and some fence post thick perches.

I have to screw in and caulk the background, and do the same with the bottom of the cage.

Seeing your cage does get me fired up though.

It is really pretty!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (09-03-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    Looks good. And yeah, with such a wide shelf, it does kind of obscure the lighting. The snakes seem to like it a little darker anyways.

And just a FYI, if you need to get new hides, the jumbo Reptile Basics ones fit perfect in the T25s.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    Very nice!
    What does the 'normal' door track look like?
    For the Horde!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    Very well done! It looks beautiful on that hardwood floor too.

I can't wait to see the substrate added and Philly in there with some decor.

I'm not looking forward to building mine right now. It is huge 72" x 30" x 24". I have a tree trunk that will be added in, and some fence post thick perches.

I have to screw in and caulk the background, and do the same with the bottom of the cage.

Seeing your cage does get me fired up though.

It is really pretty!
    It does look nice on the floor but it will be set on a chrome wire rack on casters once it's ready to go.
    That's funny you called Phyllis "Philly", I call her that too!
    She's being fed tonight so I'll probably get her in there on Saturday. Running the heat panel to check temps right now!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jmcrook For This Useful Post:

Gio (08-31-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Looks good. And yeah, with such a wide shelf, it does kind of obscure the lighting. The snakes seem to like it a little darker anyways.

And just a FYI, if you need to get new hides, the jumbo Reptile Basics ones fit perfect in the T25s.
    I still have the lights installed in the groove as well, so if I decide it's too bright for her I can use either set. I'm sure she'd like the dark but I don't want to hunt for pee and poo in a dark cage lol!
    I have a feeling she'll outgrow the xl hides as soon as I have the other cages stacked on hers... just to make it a pain to install a bigger sky hide haha. Good to know they fit nicely

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    Very nice!
    What does the 'normal' door track look like?
    Thank you!
    Normal door track looks like this pic

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

It does look nice on the floor but it will be set on a chrome wire rack on casters once it's ready to go.
    That's funny you called Phyllis "Philly", I call her that too!
    She's being fed tonight so I'll probably get her in there on Saturday. Running the heat panel to check temps right now!

Even on shelf with casters, the hardwood adds some real class to the room. It looks clean and well maintained.

LOL! Philly,,,, she's a good gal!
    Last edited by Gio; 08-31-2017 at 09:22 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (08-31-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

I still have the lights installed in the groove as well, so if I decide it's too bright for her I can use either set. I'm sure she'd like the dark but I don't want to hunt for pee and poo in a dark cage lol!
    I have a feeling she'll outgrow the xl hides as soon as I have the other cages stacked on hers... just to make it a pain to install a bigger sky hide haha. Good to know they fit nicely

Hope you got the water resistant ones lol. I've had like 4 of the AP non water resistant ones fizzle out on me. I talked to Ali about it and i think its from the humidity since i keep Caesar and the boas around 70-80% and the highest point in the cages is the channel for the lighting. So the condensation just builds up there and must somehow short them out.

Ali had the guys put together a water resistant set for me. Although the ones you got around the perimeter arent in any channel or anything so they probably will get enough air circulation.

And it's not too bad finding a poop. Not sure how big of poop and piss Phyllis leaves but Caesar drops HUGE poops and he lets me know by pacing the front of the cage and windshield wiping lol. And the piss is fairly easy to find as its a giant white blob. I do have to use a flashlight sometimes but i have to use that anyways for the T8s when i check for poops from the boas.

As for the hides, I'm not sure how the jumbos would be mounted. They are different than the plastic from the larges and under. They are more of a textured lighter plastic. Seem really nice but i dont think they are as flexible as the large hide plastics. So i really dont know how they would hold up to be mounted on the ceiling. They do work well on the floor though and still give enough room for the snakes to sit on top of them while under the shelf. Caesar will sit up there a lot.

And I still cant believe you actually got the T25. It was like a myth for the longest time LOL
    Last edited by Sauzo; 08-31-2017 at 09:41 PM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    Hope you got the water resistant ones lol. I've had like 4 of the AP non water resistant ones fizzle out on me. I talked to Ali about it and i think its from the humidity since i keep Caesar and the boas around 70-80% and the highest point in the cages is the channel for the lighting. So the condensation just builds up there and must somehow short them out.

Ali had the guys put together a water resistant set for me. Although the ones you got around the perimeter arent in any channel or anything so they probably will get enough air circulation.

And it's not too bad finding a poop. Not sure how big of poop and piss Phyllis leaves but Caesar drops HUGE poops and he lets me know by pacing the front of the cage and windshield wiping lol. And the piss is fairly easy to find as its a giant white blob. I do have to use a flashlight sometimes but i have to use that anyways for the T8s when i check for poops from the boas.

As for the hides, I'm not sure how the jumbos would be mounted. They are different than the plastic from the larges and under. They are more of a textured lighter plastic. Seem really nice but i dont think they are as flexible as the large hide plastics. So i really dont know how they would hold up to be mounted on the ceiling. They do work well on the floor though and still give enough room for the snakes to sit on top of them while under the shelf. Caesar will sit up there a lot.
    Oh yeah, I've got waterproof LEDs in all the cages and have never had any issues. I do have the perimeter lights sealed in place with lexel so they won't really get any circulation but I'm sure they'll be fine.
    Phyllis drops huge poo, left me a snicker bar sized turd yesterday. Her pisses on the other hand are more often just liquid. Only leaves me white urates maybe once between feedings, so being able the spot the pee soaked substrate with good lighting is a definite plus for me. And I like being able to have the red or blue lights set to a dim light for watching her cruise at night.
    I feel like Reinz has jumbo skyhides in at least one of his cages...? If I end up needing them I'll figure out the mounting when I cross that bridge. If they still have that same lip around the edge it shouldn't be any different than mounting the xl hides. I'll update if/when that happens.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast