Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,747

2 members and 2,745 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: just a little something i wanted to share (long)

Besides - you're from Chicago and so am I....so I'm partial...LOL
    Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Northern White Lip (Solo)
    Cats

1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BR8080 For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (09-01-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BR8080 View Post
    Besides - you're from Chicago and so am I....so I'm partial...LOL
    best city in the whole wide world
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    best city in the whole wide world
    You bet your butt!!!

Most beautiful skyline in the world and amazing food...I'm fat now but if I lived there I'd have my own show on TV someday when they needed a crane to get me out through the roof LMAO

I get back 2-3 times a year to visit my family and will be there this month. My family lives in New Lenox, Mokena, and Orland Park. I'm going to just miss the Tinley show by a week..I'll be sure to get time off for next year.
    Ball Python
    0.1 Lesser (Lucille) local pet store
    Boas
    0.1 Caulkers Cay (CC) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Sunglow het moonglow (Sonny) from Dustin Dirnberger
    1.0 BCI - DH Sharp Snow (Bob) from TJ Blevins (Second City Constrictors)
    1.0 Brazillian Rainbow Boa (Babylon) from Ike Lightener (Ike's Exotics & Aquatics)
    Pythons
    0.0.1 Unknown/undocumented rescue (Roger)
    Northern White Lip (Solo)
    Cats

1.1 Domestic short hair (Esther and James)
    Snake Wishlist
    Drymarchon Malanurus (Black Tail Cribno)
    SD/D Retic
    Woma or Black Headed Python
    Other Reptile Wishlist
    Poison dart frogs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BR8080 For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (09-01-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Have a great time this weekend, Taylor!!!
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 09-01-2017 at 08:36 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (09-01-2017)

Thanks

I'm the same age as you with depression and anxiety as well since I was 10 if not earlier. I've actually been doing really well in the last couple years since getting treatment including being on Zoloft, but the snakes really do help as well. No matter how I feel, they get what they need. I'm glad your snakes are doing the same for you and I hope you keep on the upswing.

1.0 Pastel yellowbelly ball python -Pipsy
    2.0 Checkered garter snakes - Hazama & Relius
    1.0 Dumeril's boa - Bazil

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kcl For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (09-01-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kcl View Post
    I'm the same age as you with depression and anxiety as well since I was 10 if not earlier. I've actually been doing really well in the last couple years since getting treatment including being on Zoloft, but the snakes really do help as well. No matter how I feel, they get what they need. I'm glad your snakes are doing the same for you and I hope you keep on the upswing.
    good to hear you're doing well! when i started Lexapro in college it was like god-sent; i could actually FOCUS on things in my life and not just my issues, and actually DO things! thinking back to how i used to be makes me realize how far i've really come.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Registered User donnadudette2003's Avatar
    Thanks

I totally get where you're coming from. I have a lot of mental disorders, and the mix of 2 of them depression plus ocd for me is crippling. With my ocd, Once something gets too dirty I can't touch it. With my depression not being able to leave my bed is a thing. So if it hits really hard I don't clean for a few days because i can't move, then the ocd won't let me clean it at all. Then starts a cycle of depression that only spirals down. Need to clean to not be depressed, can't clean, rinse repeat.
    This year has been really really hard on me. Ill admit for the first 7 months of 2017 I was a zombie. Depression can make even your favorite things not seem worth breathing.
    Luckily I have a very strong human support system of a close knit community of 6 other people who if I break down past the point of return will come and help me get back on my feet. Aka taking out the trash, etc.

Now on to my animals. At the end of the day, knowing that they need me to survive is one of the things that keeps me still trucking. I treat them better than I treat myself by leaps and bounds. Part of most people's depression is the feeling of worthlessness. When even feeding yourself can become something you might not even do once a day. Animals are coping device that a lot of humans use. Mental health support dogs being a major one.
    Somehow little creatures can steal our heart and keep it going.
    For me I know my instinct to care for and be motherly/ protecting is the strongest one I have. It is the only thing that can make me move even if I feel like turning to dust.
    I'm glad you've found that the snek is a strong point for you. Use that strength.
    I'm glad you're coming out of your hole and taking your baby steps. It's hard, and one heck of a journey. Remember that everyone with a mental illness has bad days, or even months, and that no matter how much better we feel it is still just as simple to fall off track back to the bottom. That's just how it works. It also helps to remember that these disorders are caused by chemical imbalances in our brains that we don't have control over. Our job is learning to recognise them and learning how to push (or drag) past them or ask for help.
    About 350 million people on this planet suffer from depression alone. You're not alone. You're not weird. You're not a freak. Its almost as common as being born with blue eyes.
    ----
    I'm proud of you for taking care of your "family", even if you can't take care of you!
    Let's get in on that :group hug:

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

12. The Following User Says Thank You to donnadudette2003 For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (09-01-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donnadudette2003 View Post
    I totally get where you're coming from. I have a lot of mental disorders, and the mix of 2 of them depression plus ocd for me is crippling. With my ocd, Once something gets too dirty I can't touch it. With my depression not being able to leave my bed is a thing. So if it hits really hard I don't clean for a few days because i can't move, then the ocd won't let me clean it at all. Then starts a cycle of depression that only spirals down. Need to clean to not be depressed, can't clean, rinse repeat.
    This year has been really really hard on me. Ill admit for the first 7 months of 2017 I was a zombie. Depression can make even your favorite things not seem worth breathing.
    Luckily I have a very strong human support system of a close knit community of 6 other people who if I break down past the point of return will come and help me get back on my feet. Aka taking out the trash, etc.

Now on to my animals. At the end of the day, knowing that they need me to survive is one of the things that keeps me still trucking. I treat them better than I treat myself by leaps and bounds. Part of most people's depression is the feeling of worthlessness. When even feeding yourself can become something you might not even do once a day. Animals are coping device that a lot of humans use. Mental health support dogs being a major one.
    Somehow little creatures can steal our heart and keep it going.
    For me I know my instinct to care for and be motherly/ protecting is the strongest one I have. It is the only thing that can make me move even if I feel like turning to dust.
    I'm glad you've found that the snek is a strong point for you. Use that strength.
    I'm glad you're coming out of your hole and taking your baby steps. It's hard, and one heck of a journey. Remember that everyone with a mental illness has bad days, or even months, and that no matter how much better we feel it is still just as simple to fall off track back to the bottom. That's just how it works. It also helps to remember that these disorders are caused by chemical imbalances in our brains that we don't have control over. Our job is learning to recognise them and learning how to push (or drag) past them or ask for help.
    About 350 million people on this planet suffer from depression alone. You're not alone. You're not weird. You're not a freak. Its almost as common as being born with blue eyes.
    ----
    I'm proud of you for taking care of your "family", even if you can't take care of you!
    Let's get in on that :group hug:

thank you so much for the thoughtful post.

i have a decent human support system, but i think i'm the only person in their lives with these issues; i get worried i'm overwhelming them with something they're uncomfortable with. they've never given me a hint of this being true, but...anxiety.

if i'm DESPERATE i do turn to them. when i just need some encouragement and community, places like this truly help (i don't use facebook).

thanks, again.
    4.4 ball python

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

14. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

donnadudette2003 (09-01-2017)

Registered User donnadudette2003's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    thank you so much for the thoughtful post.

i have a decent human support system, but i think i'm the only person in their lives with these issues; i get worried i'm overwhelming them with something they're uncomfortable with. they've never given me a hint of this being true, but...anxiety.

if i'm DESPERATE i do turn to them. when i just need some encouragement and community, places like this truly help (i don't use facebook).

thanks, again.
    There are some mental health forums on tapatalk. Those might be interesting to check out. It can be easier to talk to a stranger who has close to the same issues as you online. Then you don't feel like as much of a burden or misunderstood. Plus those forums usually have skills or coping devices you might not have thought of trying.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to donnadudette2003 For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (09-02-2017)

Thanks

My two have definitely helped me. I run a business so almost all of my time and sometimes time I don't even have gets devoted to the business. So when I feel stressed out or overwhelmed my noodles help me settle down and focus. It's exciting and rewarding taking care of them

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Krissully For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (09-02-2017)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345