Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,781

1 members and 2,780 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD

Threaded View

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

Exclamation HR take on snakes as a service and emotional support animal

This article was published like 2 days ago: http://hrdailyadvisor.blr.com/2017/0...ictor-work-day

The writer, who have backgrounds in Human Resources, give their take on service animals and emotional support animal. It seems that she was prompted to write this article after having encountered an erratic supermarket employee with a boa on a shopping trip.

They give their take on service animals - essentially saying snakes are not service animals b/c they do not provide assistance to a person due to a their disability.

And they go on analyzing if a snake can be an emotional support animal in the workplace. i take it as boiling down to:
    -- No b/c it may cause a disruption or threat to others;
    -- Even if a snake is recommended as an emotional support animal by a doctor, it is still only a recommendation. the employer or HR must determine themselves if they can accommodate the snake and if it's necessary for worker to have to perform their job.

so we've seen threads pop up now and then here on the forum about snakes as emotional support animals whether in public, the workplace or home. (maybe planes?) i hope folks find this article interesting and IMO I don't think it is anti-snake. Abuse of service and emotional support animal happens. I think this article is helpful in laying out the challenges and legal threshold it would take for someone to have a snake as an legit emotional support animal.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Fmx cordova (10-19-2017),PokeyTheNinja (08-29-2017),tttaylorrr (08-25-2017)