Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,905

1 members and 2,904 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,152 Times in 2,887 Posts

Moving on with my life

After 14 + plus of years of being with my boyfriend we have decided that it is best we both we both move on with our lives. I have lived here and been a caretaker for his elderly father for nearly 2 1/2 years but I am just burned out and can't do it anymore. My boyfriend's father has multiple serious health issues since his massive heart attack in April of 2015. I have gotten out of the reptile keeping hobby altogether which is kind of sad and I really miss it. I have given up every single animal I own because on September 1, 2017 I move out of this house to start my own life and get the help I need. I have long struggled with bipolar disorder, PTSD, and anxiety, and I just need to get help, which I can't do out here in a rural setting.

It hurts a lot knowing I am giving up the man I love but I have got to help myself. I find much comfort coming here everyday and reading all of your posts and seeing the pictures of your snakes. BP.Net has always been my second home and always will be. I have made a lot of great friends on here and you are always supportive. For that I am forever grateful and thankful.
    Last edited by ballpythonluvr; 08-25-2017 at 01:50 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: Moving on with my life

good luck moving forward. you will always be your #1; your needs are above everything else.

big steps coming up for you. keep us posted.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (08-25-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Best of luck with everything. That's a lot to take on and I can understand being burnt out. I lived with/took care of my grandfather for about a year and was very ready for help and ready to move on after about a year. It broke my heart to move out, but I NEEDED it, for ME. Not the same situation, but similar and I at least kinda understand what you're going through.

Anyway, I admire your courage to stand on your own two feet and make a pretty big life change. You're in my thoughts and I'm sending my best wishes your way. Good luck! You got this!!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 775 Posts
    Best of luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyNY For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythonluvr View Post
    After 14 + plus of years of being with my boyfriend we have decided that it is best we both we both move on with our lives. I have lived here and been a caretaker for his elderly father for nearly 2 1/2 years but I am just burned out and can't do it anymore. My boyfriend's father has multiple serious health issues since his massive heart attack in April of 2015. I have gotten out of the reptile keeping hobby altogether which is kind of sad and I really miss it. I have given up every single animal I own because on September 1, 2017 I move out of this house to start my own life and get the help I need. I have long struggled with bipolar disorder, PTSD, and anxiety, and I just need to get help, which I can't do out here in a rural setting.

It hurts a lot knowing I am giving up the man I love but I have got to help myself. I find much comfort coming here everyday and reading all of your posts and seeing the pictures of your snakes. BP.Net has always been my second home and always will be. I have made a lot of great friends on here and you are always supportive. For that I am forever grateful and thankful.
    Get the help you need. I lost my job of 6yrs due to my severe anxiety and depression last November. I had put it off for years due to embarrassment and the stigma attached to mental health issues. I was also in law enforcement so I was afraid of it ending my career, which it ultimately did but it was much needed. I finally sought the help I needed and although I still have agonizing days and sleepless nights therapy and family support helps a ton. Take care of yourself first, I finally did and things seem much brighter for my future. This hobby definitely keeps my mind focused enough to bring relief from my symptoms. Good luck and don't lose hope.
    Last edited by RamMac; 08-25-2017 at 12:53 PM.
    0.1. Boa constrictor ​imperator

0.0.1. Aphonopelma chalcodes
    0.0.1. Grammostola pulchra

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RamMac For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (08-25-2017),Craiga 01453 (08-25-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

All my best!! I hope you come out of this as a stronger, healthier and happier person.

<3
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (08-25-2017),Craiga 01453 (08-25-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ballpythonluvr View Post
    I have long struggled with bipolar disorder, PTSD, and anxiety, and I just need to get help, which I can't do out here in a rural setting.

I can seriously empathize with you. I'm bipolar, have anxiety, PTSD and have had ongoing issues with an eating disorder for years. Was in almost the same situation with an ex and his mother, too. Those shoes suck to be in.

You are way stronger than you probably realize in letting go of that situation to better take care of yourself. There aren't a lot of people out there who are brave and resilient enough to do that. Just keep doing what's right for you regardless of the opinions of others, and everything else will work out and fall into place Your health comes before anything else.
    Last edited by KayLynn; 08-25-2017 at 03:43 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KayLynn For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (08-25-2017),distaff (08-27-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,139 Posts

Wow! Grats to you for being a pillar of strength for all those around you. Now it's time for you to manage your life so you can stabilize yourself and your situation. Then, and only then can you return to helping those around you. Years ago I read a book titled "Changes" and although it was based on a love story it chronicled the difficulties of life and living. You have been missed around here so don't go too far away.
    Last edited by Albert Clark; 08-25-2017 at 05:51 PM.
    Stay in peace and not pieces.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Albert Clark For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (08-26-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Major life changes are scary. Don't think for a single minute that you are alone. There is always someone here, 24-7. Just reading through people's posts and checking up on my favorite threads helped me when my mom died. You're in my prayers.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to DLena For This Useful Post:

ballpythonluvr (08-28-2017)