Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,632

1 members and 2,631 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: What would you do in this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by farmer1911 45ACP View Post
    I dont expect any compensation. I know that they go on a fast with the stress of moving it is more or less how much he lossed and how skinny he is that worries me and seller A not disclosing the information which all I want is an honest answer not money or credit.He is in a 15qt with repti chip and a hide and small water dish. I am picking up some asfs tonight so we will see.
    Thanks
    I should have asked this stuff before my previous reply, but the way you described your snake made it sound like it was urgent. I'm programmed for emergency situations, lol. It's also hard to tell the state of your snake without a picture. If you can provide one, it would help everyone give better input as to whether or not your snake is in a state that needs immediate attention or if you can relax and take your time with husbandry and food.

Is he starving or just underweight? There's a difference between a body burning fat stores and a body burning muscle to survive. And what was the state of his feces? Solid with still some sort of normal form? Loose or tar-like? Was there any urate present and if there was, was it also green with bile? Was the bile light green, or a darker solid green? Did it smell like a normal snake poop, or was the odor especially bad?

Again, if he's consitiently losing weight on a scale that is alarming to you, get a fecal done. And again, exhaust all your options before you resort to force feeding.

Good luck with the asf's, I hope they work
    Last edited by KayLynn; 08-24-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: What would you do in this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by farmer1911 45ACP View Post
    I dont expect any compensation. I know that they go on a fast with the stress of moving it is more or less how much he lossed and how skinny he is that worries me and seller A not disclosing the information which all I want is an honest answer not money or credit.He is in a 15qt with repti chip and a hide and small water dish. I am picking up some asfs tonight so we will see.
    Thanks
    If he was emaciated/skinny on arrival and not as described based on the picture you have seen prior to the sale you should have immediately return it, sadly there are honest breeders and some not so much, any breeder should be able to provide a recent picture of the animal for sale, they should be able to provide accurate weight, short term activity record (specifying prey type and frequency), they should also be able to answer questions about lineage, breeding activity, fast, who the animal was produced by if not them. If they are not willing to do that or are dragging their feets while doing so it's best to move on and they should really do that prior to the sale.

If the animal was listed as eating mice he may have been eating mice (because it was eating ASF in the past does not mean it still is) the trouble is while you can guarantee that a snake eats for you, you can't guarantee it will eat for his new owner.

Either way seems like you will never get an answer if the seller is one of those that is there before and during the sale and gone once the animal is delivered. Customer service in this industry is often lacking.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks
    Any update on this?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12