Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,922

0 members and 2,922 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks

Re: why can t all pets be as easy as snakes??

Quote Originally Posted by dkatz4 View Post
    You've got to do what is right for you, I can tell you that kids will bring you to your highest highs and your lowest lows. They're kind of like heroin, greatest feeling imaginable but also ruins your life ( just kidding, no disrespect to anyone who is actually in recovery). Headaches associated with them that you described experiencing with your nephew are extremely real and must be taken into consideration but also understand that while you're dealing with those issues your caveman brain kicks in when it is your own offspring and it somehow doesn't feel as bad. I could fill a book with all of the parts of my life that are worse off, unfulfilled, or just plain miserable as a direct result of my kids, but at the same time I love them more than the air I breathe (I seriously got choked up typing that just now). It's not a choice to be taken lightly, and it's not something anyone should be pressured into, I have a lot of respect for people who choose not to have kids, there are already too many people on this planet, and it's crazy to make more just because somebody else thinks you should
    Thanks! I have heard what you said (about loving your own children vs. dealing with other children that aren't yours) from several parents. I know that if I did have a child, I would not regret it, it is just a big decision and I want to make sure both myself and my husband are "on the same page" and are fully aware of the negatives and positives before we give it a go.

I think you get a lot more pressure (to have kids) when you are female... At least it seems that way. No one has ever told my husband he should have kids, but at every function I go to (family, church, etc.) where there are a lot of women, it always comes up.. Along with the jokes about my newest reptile being "my kid". I try to be polite and fight the urge to punch them lol.

I forgot to add that if we do have a child, I will be investing in a new door knob and lock for the reptile room... I am already in the process of buying all locking cages for my boas and other snakes (everything except the BPs and KSBs).
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to artgecko For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-25-2017),dkatz4 (08-25-2017)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234