Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,029

0 members and 3,029 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks

Put a deposit down on a new snake!

Me and my GF have been in the market for a new snake. I picked the last one, so this time it was her turn. She went from wanting a pied to a lavender to a BEL. I wanted to buy from Garrick Demeyer since its who we got our last snake from, and our experience with him was phenomenal. I got a hold of him a few weeks ago, and he told me he just hatched a super lesser possible GHI, paste, and/or spider. We got a couple pictures of her and fell in love, so we put a deposit on her. She got fed her 2nd meal yesterday. I have not heard back about if she ate or not. If she did, I am hoping to have her home in a few weeks! Here are the pictures of her that I got from Garrick so far. I think she has slight bug eyes, but not too bad. I love how dark blue her eyes are.

Quote Originally Posted by MmmBanana View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MmmBanana For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (09-10-2017),BPSnakeLady (09-17-2017),Jus1More (10-11-2017),L.West (08-22-2017),MissterDog (08-22-2017),the_rotten1 (08-22-2017)

Thanks

Re: Put a deposit down on a new snake!

Awe, she's beautiful! Hopefully she ate so you won't have to wait too long Keep us posted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BluuWolf For This Useful Post:

MmmBanana (08-22-2017)

Thanks
    I will keep this thread up to date as things progress!

Thanks

Congrats on your new snake - she is beautiful!!! Nothing beats the excitement of adding a new snake to the family. I am also waiting with great anticipation for my new Honduran to hatch out and start eating so I can get it home with me so I feel your pain LOL
    L. West
    1.0 CORAL ALBINO BOA (OWEN)
    1.0 PANAMANIAN HYPO BOA (SAWYER)
    1.0 DUMERIL'S BOA (GRAYSON)
    1.0 ALBINO HONDURAN (RIVER)
    0.1 TANGERINE HONDURAN (FAITH)
    1.0 ALBINO TESSERA CORN SNAKE (RILEY)

Thanks
    Garrick informed me today that she did in fact eat her 2nd meal. I asked him how many more live meals before he is ready to offer her F/T. I am pretty antsy to hear what he says lol.

Thanks
    UPDATE: She has eaten 4 meals. For her 4th meal she was offered thawed. Garrick said she looked real interested, but would not pull the trigger. She did eat a live meal tho. He said most wont take thawed till the 4th or 5th meal. He sounded confident that he thinks she will take thawed this week..... Fingers crossed! She has been paid off in full, so I have been super antsy about her. I cannot wait for her!

Thanks

Beautiful pick up ! Yea frozen thawed takes a little time and patience to get them going strong on accepting them I however think it's really worth the extra work. Just makes life so much easier and cheaper during feeding. That and not having to worry about the stress of live feedings on me lol. Stunning animal though good luck with her.
    Samantha C.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MmmBanana View Post
    Me and my GF have been in the market for a new snake. I picked the last one, so this time it was her turn. She went from wanting a pied to a lavender to a BEL. I wanted to buy from Garrick Demeyer since its who we got our last snake from, and our experience with him was phenomenal. I got a hold of him a few weeks ago, and he told me he just hatched a super lesser possible GHI, paste, and/or spider. We got a couple pictures of her and fell in love, so we put a deposit on her. She got fed her 2nd meal yesterday. I have not heard back about if she ate or not. If she did, I am hoping to have her home in a few weeks! Here are the pictures of her that I got from Garrick so far. I think she has slight bug eyes, but not too bad. I love how dark blue her eyes are.
    Lovely I think BEL's are so pretty. I'd like to have one some day but none have seemed quite "right" so far. Are "bug eyes" a problem with this morph sometimes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scosta56 View Post
    Beautiful pick up ! Yea frozen thawed takes a little time and patience to get them going strong on accepting them I however think it's really worth the extra work. Just makes life so much easier and cheaper during feeding. That and not having to worry about the stress of live feedings on me lol. Stunning animal though good luck with her.
    I agree. He offered to send her sooner if I wanted to feed her live, but I am waiting so I can feed her F/T.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTea View Post
    Lovely I think BEL's are so pretty. I'd like to have one some day but none have seemed quite "right" so far. Are "bug eyes" a problem with this morph sometimes?
    Bug eyes are sometimes a thing with super lesser or super butter. The other combos that create BELs, such as lesser/butter mojaves do not have this issue.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MmmBanana For This Useful Post:

Albert Clark (09-10-2017)

Thanks
    Also, the more I look at her, and the more snakes I see with bug eyes, I dont think she has bug eyes. Her eyes do seem a little bigger. They do not seem to be poking out of her head too far like other snakes I have seen with bug eyes tho. I guess I will have a better look once I get her.

Does anyone here have experience with breeding BELs? Im curious if its normal for their eyes to be darker when young and lighten up with age? Or does she just have darker eyes than most other BELs?

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast