Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,209

0 members and 1,209 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    She's a cutie! I would go with what the breeder suggested and feed her live on Thursday. I noticed that my little guy takes his meal faster when he can't see me so I stand to the side lol he's a shy eater. Last feeding he ended up with the mouse's head down the pipe and finished inside his hide

Thanks
    Thanked 2,106 Times in 1,195 Posts

Re: Put a deposit down on a new snake!

Quote Originally Posted by Misternewbie View Post
    She's a cutie! I would go with what the breeder suggested and feed her live on Thursday. I noticed that my little guy takes his meal faster when he can't see me so I stand to the side lol he's a shy eater. Last feeding he ended up with the mouse's head down the pipe and finished inside his hide
    I noticed that too, they prefer to kill and eat in privacy, unless they are already very tamed and accustomed to your presence for years. It makes sense, they are vulnerable to attack when they are busy constricting and swallowing prey.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Godzilla78 For This Useful Post:

Misternewbie (09-20-2017)

Thanks

I missed the big reveal but I am soooo happy for you! Congratulations, awesome that everything turned out okay! She's gorgeous

As for the feeding I wish you luck! Who knows? maybe one day she'll take F/T for you, haha.

Congrats once again! And welcome home little gal
    Dewey
    He ain't scare of no things

Thanks
    UPDATE!

Yesterday I picked up 4 small hoppers. As soon as I got home I decided to offer Belle one. I offered it from tongs. I figured live from tongs is a good first step towards thawed. At first she showed no interest. However, she also didn't seem frightened by it. So I dangled the mouse in front of her for a while. After about a minute(felt like an hour) she started to show interest. She very slowly started to move into a striking position. She looked like she was about to take it when the mouse touched her nose. She backed off for a few seconds. But then started to get back in position. She went for it once and missed. Reset again, and she went for it, and got it! First feeding was a success! I was so excited!! Also, I have 3 adorable little hopper mice as pets till they get fed off. lol

Thanks
    Congrats on a successful feeding!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MmmBanana View Post
    UPDATE!

Yesterday I picked up 4 small hoppers. As soon as I got home I decided to offer Belle one. I offered it from tongs. I figured live from tongs is a good first step towards thawed. At first she showed no interest. However, she also didn't seem frightened by it. So I dangled the mouse in front of her for a while. After about a minute(felt like an hour) she started to show interest. She very slowly started to move into a striking position. She looked like she was about to take it when the mouse touched her nose. She backed off for a few seconds. But then started to get back in position. She went for it once and missed. Reset again, and she went for it, and got it! First feeding was a success! I was so excited!! Also, I have 3 adorable little hopper mice as pets till they get fed off. lol
    Good I'm glad she ate! Eating off tongs seems like a real good first step I would attemt F/T after you finish off the hoppers if I were you and see how it goes.

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I wanna see how she does the next few feedings. If I see less hesitation, then I think I will go to pre..... dispatched. Garrick said she refused thawed twice. So I wanna take my time. I have a supplier for live, so Im in no rush. I mostly wanna have her on thawed before she needs small rats. I'm thinking that's when the chance of her getting bit by prey would increase some, but I'm a noob when it comes to feeding live.

Thanks

Yeah as long as you have a supplier for live there isn't a rush. My only thought is that the older they are perhaps the harder to change over? I have literal zero experience with this though sense both of mine are on F/T so I have no idda lol. Just do what you think will be best for your animal and you'll be fine!

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    I dont have experience with switching a snake to thawed. But I do know that once they get bigger and older they can go longer without food. So you can offer thawed and if they dont take it you can hold off for another week or few.. When they're young, they cant go as long without eating.

Thanks

Here are some pictures of Belle! She is still in pet rock mode and not ready to explore yet. I’ll throw in a bonus picture of stitch. He doesn’t ever stay still lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast