Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,816

2 members and 2,814 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
    Thanks

Need help herping South Florida!

I've promised my little brother that I will take him herping at night to see snakes. We always see people on our instagrams here in south fl driving down dirt roads catching all sorts of reptiles and snakes. I've gone on Google maps for a straight year and have tried out about 18 spots already. NONE have brought up anything other than some leopard frogs. (yes, we go at night) Guys please I beg of you, what SPECIFIC trials or roads or anything do you guys herp in? I don't want to catch anything, I just want to make my brother happy and spend a great night with him. I've tried everywhere, someone please please please help me! Thank you so much.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thanks
    When you've gone out, has it been at the same time in the evening/night? And when you've gone out, how long do you usually go for?

Thanks

Re: Need help herping South Florida!

Quote Originally Posted by Randall L Turner Jr View Post
    When you've gone out, has it been at the same time in the evening/night? And when you've gone out, how long do you usually go for?
    We usually leave when it gets dark. So around 8 we leave, get there around 9 and stay there until 1 AM or so. Sometimes the trials just have dead ends too

Thanks

These are all spots that I myself have found on Google Earth, I have no idea what is really there until I get there

Thanks
    Sounds like you've put in a nice chunk of time. I have noticed when I go herping (whether here in Kansas or in Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas etc) my best success is usually in the 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. time frame, before and after it is usually hit and miss. Hopefully some Florida residents will have some solid leads for locations to point you toward. Best of luck.

Thanks

Sounds like you've put in a nice chunk of time. I have noticed when I go herping (whether here in Kansas or in Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas etc) my best success is usually in the 10 p.m. to 2 a.m. time frame, before and after it is usually hit and miss. Hopefully some Florida residents will have some solid leads for locations to point you toward. Best of luck.
    Thank you so much, you reply is appreciated!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Brofessional97 For This Useful Post:

Randall L Turner Jr (08-22-2017)