Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,553

1 members and 3,552 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Solidus

Thanks

Re: Solidus

@KayLynn: Thanks!!

@MissterDog: Thank you, if I ever end up getting more bp's, they'll be named Liquid and Ocelot, lol.

@RickyNY: LMAO. Solidus is a pretty solid snake, yeah. He's a spinner, I'm totally in love with that pattern/morph.

Quote Originally Posted by kenthebird View Post
    In my experience, ball pythons introduced to a new environment will spend some time exploring around their enclosure. Sometimes this means that they might not end up utilizing the beautiful setups we create for them right away. Give your new snake some time to acclimate and he'll figure out how to use his hides eventually! Also I would recommend not handling him for at least 7 days, and get a meal in him first, before working on handling. I think the hides you have in there now will be fine until then. The less stress for a new snake, the better he'll be at figuring out his new enclosure. And remember - a hiding snake is a happy snake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He's been exploring for a good amount, he immediately climbed up into the fake plants when I put him in the tank. He settled down for about an hour, but is now currently continuing exploring, I noticed the explored the back of the tank first, and then moved to the front, so I think he's definitely checking out his surroundings, I'm gonna let him do his thing. I did notice he's a bit calmer already tho so I think he'll adjust fine if I just leave him alone, which is what I'm going to do.

He has a pinkish tint to his belly so he's about to go into shed, I'm going to feed him Sunday evening, so I might just give him a couple of extra days just to be 100% sure he's settled in, his breeder recommended 2-3 days of not handling, but I will try to avoid handling for a longer period if that's better for the snake. I'm glad I provided him the fake plants and put black paper on the sides of his tank, they seem to be adding to his sense of safety because he was chilling behind his hot spot hide next to his water dish, partially hidden by the artificial foliage. He seems to be really into those fake plants lol.

I'm gonna give him at least a couple of days w/o disturbance from me, and only check in on him to make sure he's alright and everything's good inside his tank. I changed his water dish this morning so his water should be good for a few days, as well (when he's settled in, I will provide fresh water daily; right now, I just don't wanna stress him out and just let him be on his own). I'll also casually monitor his behavior, that way I can tell if he's calming down or not, but like I said, right now it's all about letting my baby adjust.
    1.0 SPINNER.
    "SOLIDUS"

1.0 SUPER CHOCOLATE PEWTER.
    "LIQUID"

1.0 ENCHI FIREFLY.
    COMING IN 2018.

Thanks

Ooo, congrats on the adorable baby! I love his pattern, is he a spinner?

Anyways i would just let him chill and explore for now, and if he doesn't show any signs of stress he might just be quirky. My boy normally uses his hides but sometimes he likes to be funny and chill on top of it or under his plants

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BluuWolf For This Useful Post:

iddah (08-16-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BluuWolf View Post
    Ooo, congrats on the adorable baby! I love his pattern, is he a spinner?

Anyways i would just let him chill and explore for now, and if he doesn't show any signs of stress he might just be quirky. My boy normally uses his hides but sometimes he likes to be funny and chill on top of it or under his plants

He's a spinner, I rly love the greenish, golden yellow color on him and that sick pattern. He's going into shed, I'll post more pics afterward, but he is so gorgeous.

That's what I'm gonna do, just let him chill, no added stress or disturbances. He did show some signs of stress inititially and was exploring /way/ more actively than he is right now (he settled down for approximately an hour, hiding/being curled up behind his hide, now he's out exploring again, but his movement seems a lot calmer and slower and his stress seems reduced than what it were hours ago). I'll keep an eye on him, but I'll leave him alone.
    1.0 SPINNER.
    "SOLIDUS"

"LIQUID"

1.0 ENCHI FIREFLY.
    COMING IN 2018.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iddah View Post
    He's a spinner, I rly love the greenish, golden yellow color on him and that sick pattern. He's going into shed, I'll post more pics afterward, but he is so gorgeous.

That's what I'm gonna do, just let him chill, no added stress or disturbances. He did show some signs of stress inititially and was exploring /way/ more actively than he is right now (he settled down for approximately an hour, hiding/being curled up behind his hide, now he's out exploring again, but his movement seems a lot calmer and slower and his stress seems reduced than what it were hours ago). I'll keep an eye on him, but I'll leave him alone.
    Yeah, I love both the Spider and Pinestripe morphs and together they just look amazing! You're doing a good job, just hang in there. I know how hard it is to leave them alone for the first bit For sure keep us posted on how he does though, I'd love to see

Thanks

Yeah, I love both the Spider and Pinestripe morphs and together they just look amazing! You're doing a good job, just hang in there. I know how hard it is to leave them alone for the first bit For sure keep us posted on how he does though, I'd love to see
    Same, I love spider, from what I know a lot of people love it for the pattern but hate it for the neurological dysfunction/wobble. Solidus has a slight wobble as well, just a small head "tremor" and he did appear to turn upside down when he was climbing high up, but it's nothing major and he doesn't have it constantly, it's a lot more prevalent in spiders, and in some cases the snakes lose their wobble as they mature. I'm not bothered by his wobble as long as it doesn't affect his ability to function and he's able to strike/eat but his is hardly noticeable on him unless he's reaching up. His balance in general seems really well developed, just from watching him slither and squirm around in the fake plants lol.
    1.0 SPINNER.
    "SOLIDUS"

"LIQUID"

1.0 ENCHI FIREFLY.
    COMING IN 2018.

Thanks
    UPDATE: Solidus checked out his cool hide, that's my boy!!!

Managed to snap a pic with my phone just in time, I was like "where did he go" at first when I didn't see him when I peaked into his tank til I saw his lil noodle face stick out lmao.

1.0 SPINNER.
    "SOLIDUS"

"LIQUID"

1.0 ENCHI FIREFLY.
    COMING IN 2018.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iddah For This Useful Post:

donnadudette2003 (08-16-2017),MissterDog (08-17-2017)

Thanks

Yeah, I don't own a spider myself yet ( I do hope to change this soon however ) But from my own research I've decided for myself that the wobble doesn't effect their quality of life too much. Other then some difficulty striking at first they seem mostly fine to me except for some extreme cases of course and I see many amazing breeders and experienced owners that I trust on here producing and owning them. So I don't mind it, but this is just my opinion of course ^-^ Anyways I know your little guy will do just fine

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BluuWolf For This Useful Post:

iddah (08-17-2017)

Thanks

Yeah, I don't own a spider myself yet ( I do hope to change this soon however ) But from my own research I've decided for myself that the wobble doesn't effect their quality of life too much. Other then some difficulty striking at first they seem mostly fine to me except for some extreme cases of course and I see many amazing breeders and experienced owners that I trust on here producing and owning them. So I don't mind it, but this is just my opinion of course ^-^ Anyways I know your little guy will do just fine

Soli's breeder was rly forthcoming and open about him having a wobble, at first I had no idea what she meant until I researched it, I also came to the conclusion based on reading about it and doing research, that it does not have a negative or harmful impact on the snake's basic functions, bp's with a wobble still eat, defecate, shed, etc, same way as neurotypical snakes, it just seems to affect their balance when their head is not supported or on a flat surface (his sense of direction is fine, so is his body control, so it's rly not bad at all). Solidus only has a wobble when he's reaching up, as well as his head tremouring very slightly, it's barely noticeable and if you wouldn't know he had it, you wouldn't even notice it, it is that slight.
    1.0 SPINNER.
    "SOLIDUS"

"LIQUID"

1.0 ENCHI FIREFLY.
    COMING IN 2018.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to iddah For This Useful Post:

Godzilla78 (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    Fresh out of shed, tho he still hasn't eaten yet.

Last edited by iddah; 08-27-2017 at 01:43 PM.
    1.0 SPINNER.
    "SOLIDUS"

"LIQUID"

1.0 ENCHI FIREFLY.
    COMING IN 2018.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iddah For This Useful Post:

Finn0208 (08-27-2017),MissterDog (09-21-2017)

Thanks
    Did some late night spot cleaning and snapped a couple of shots. My guy is doing really well. Beyond relieved I got him to accept prey items after moving him to a tub setup. He's the most chill little dude, I can't get over how cute his face is lol. Can't wait to watch him grow and gain weight and track his progress; still in love with his morph because that spinner pattern looks absolutely sick -- tho not so much in that horrible lighting, I'll take more pics again after his next shed cycle.

1.0 SPINNER.
    "SOLIDUS"

"LIQUID"

1.0 ENCHI FIREFLY.
    COMING IN 2018.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to iddah For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (09-21-2017)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast