Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,165

3 members and 3,162 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Talking Fairytale Themed Reptile Convention....

Exactly. I had never heard of something like this before, but you can bet I am EXCITED. It's local and this is their first year doing it. Do any of y'all have anything similar? Themed reptile conventions? I'd love to get more info on that! What do you all think
    Last edited by SmartShabby; 08-15-2017 at 06:40 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SmartShabby For This Useful Post:

BluuWolf (08-16-2017)

Thanks

Re: Fairytale Themed Reptile Convention....

Interesting.. dnt kno that I wld attend such an event.. its hard enough moving around in those shows, but now people wanna add costumed attendees to the mix?? If that is their intention. Where did you hear about this?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeanne For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-16-2017)

Thanks

Actually sounds kinda cool if done right I've never seen anything like it before at least, where is this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    Not my flavor.

There appear to be plenty of places for fairy tales, cosplay, larping (I think I'm saying these things right), etc... why mix that with reptiles?

I'm not going to be suggesting a "bring your reptile to a rock concert" event or reptile day at Fenway Park. I like to enjoy a reptile event for the reptiles. buuuuut.....

...to those who enjoy that sort of thing, have a good time. I hope it works out well for the organizers, attendees and animals.

Thanks

Yeah, I would understand not wanting to go if it wasn't really your thing but as someone who loves herself some fairy tales and conventions it sounds pretty fun to be able to mix two things I love I didn't really think of it like an event where you dress up and bring you animals, what came to my mind was just a normal expo with fairy tale like decorations and stuff. I don't know if that is what it is of course but if it is then I think it sounds pretty neat.

Just a little fun way to spice up a convention but not take away from the animals Could be a cool way to get people who were maybe skeptical of reptiles at first to have a good time ad well, and maybe even see that just cuz they are scaly doesn't mean that are scary.

But its all a matter of opinion and taste really and whether or not it the organizers go about it in a good safe way. Animal safety comes first of course

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BluuWolf For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-16-2017)

Thanks

Found it on a local newspaper LOL. Which is strange because I usually never read the paper.

- - - Updated - - -

Ha! "Bring your snake to Guns N' Roses" too funny - don't think I'd go to that either!

Thanks

It seems pretty unique and interesting
    to each their own - obviously. But the organization is legit and I would HOPE to god that all the animals are taken care off

Thanks

THNX!!! for all your responses guys. Totally appreciate it. To make matters funnier; ya gotta dress up for the event lol. Might go to : http://www.menswearhouse.com/mens-su...s-dress-shirts
    and get some silver slacks, maybe dress too and go as a "silver knight" LOL. They got pretty good deals The organization has been through my town before so I'm assuming with confidence that the animals will be kept with care.
    you guys rock

Thanks

Sounds fun, I'm glad it's a reputable organization that's doing it ^-^ I think it'll be pretty neat to get to see all the amazing animals and the cool costumes people can come up with XD I hope it's good, tell us how it goes after it happens, id love to know