Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,727

2 members and 2,725 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,584 Times in 3,092 Posts
    Blog Entries

Couple New Kashmire Pictures

OK, one of the pics is going to give me away....I'm a smoker (ack!!!) but hoping to stop soon. Anyway, I used the pack to measure Kashmire tonight with the software here. He's 17.9 inches long. Second picture is him post shed right after his first shed with me.

My camera does not take good pictures of a moving snake. The delay between the depression of the shutter and actually taking the picture is a few seconds, so I get blurry shots....GRRRR (and he's a wiggle worm tonight).

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Re: Couple New Kashmire Pictures

See the nice blushing on his back right after his shed? Will that lighten up? I don't remember seeing it at any point before he shed for me. He also has some nice blushing on his side that you can't really see (but maybe with a magnifying glass on my avatar! LOL)

Thanks

Such a little cutie. I like the bottom pic.
    0.2 Chihuahua (Gypsy and Princess)
    0.3 Leopard Gecko (Daisy, Zoe, & Kiki)
    0.0.1 Ball Python (Shikara)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Austin)
    1.0 Husband (Chris)

My Blog

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks Coyote! How's your Shikara (sp?) doing? It was you and Joanne that recommended the AcuRite therm/hygrom from WalMart when I first got him and was one of the best pieces of advice! I've never forgotten it! Thanks again! It really helped in monitoring his humidity during his shed.

Oh, and Joanne, guess you see I finally got the software to load successfully! LOL

Thanks

You're welcome Robin. Shikara's doing great. He's a very hearty eater. When I first got him I fed him live (mostly because I wanted to see it up close and personal). I thought I was gonna have a hard time putting him back on frozen/thaw but I didn't. I have to do the zombie dance but that's ok. It's so cool, he knows the vibration of my voice so when ever I talk he'll stick his head out and look right at me. I've got some new pictures but I haven't put them up yet. As soon as I do I'll post.
    0.2 Chihuahua (Gypsy and Princess)
    0.3 Leopard Gecko (Daisy, Zoe, & Kiki)
    0.0.1 Ball Python (Shikara)
    1.0 Kenyan Sand Boa (Austin)
    1.0 Husband (Chris)

My Blog

Thanks
    Blog Entries

I can't wait to see the pictures of him! Kashmire is on live feed right now (with Adam's guidance! Thanks Adam!). I haven't decided yet if I'll try to switch him to f/t yet or not. It's either live or f/t, because I just can't do the pre-killing myself! LOL

Thanks

Oh Robin Kash is looking so good!

I'm glad you got that software working. We have it downloaded but no cam yet.

I love those Accu-Rite's. It's one of the best pieces of advice we got here, I think it was Becky who recommended it initally to me and Mike. Like I always have said, this forum and those on it are a huge part of why we have two lovely, heathly, eating machine royals. Just knowing this forum is here has helped both Mike and I be so much more confident in our husbandry and handling of Baby and Punkin.

As far as blushing and all that, I don't know much about that really other than both Baby and Punkin have had subtle but noticeable changes in their shading/color as time goes by and sheds occur. Baby is losing a lot of brown and is almost pure black between her markings with only a dab or two of brownish shade left. Her markings have gone from a yellow to more of a rich gold in some spots. Punkin who just looked "dirty" really, has shed once and is in shed right now. She is showing an almost green shade....very different then Baby. Can't wait for this shed actually to see if more good feeding is encouraging her to look even nicer.

I know it's all mushy and stuff...but isn't it neat to see them grow up!

~~Joanna~~
    ~~Joanna~~