Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,446

2 members and 3,444 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Morph?

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Which Morph?

Quote Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
    Like I said, it's not an impulse decision. It's not something I'm doing today or tomorrow, but I'm the future. Clearly I'm just trying to get opinions on morphs, but everyone wants to bring up past conversations that were suppose to have been settled when you locked that thread, right Deborah? So in that case, I'd appreciate it if everyone would leave me alone about the snake that I re-homed. It's out of my control and I'd rather now discuss it since it was such a big issue last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Than get what YOU like, rather than bother about what other likes or think, it's that simple!

If you want to ask about people's opinion you are opening yourself to all kind of opinions not only the one YOU want to hear.

Good luck with your new future pet.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 08-13-2017 at 11:14 AM.
    Deborah Stewart

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-13-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    It's just frustrating for those of us who are truly passionate about these animals. You come on a public forum asking for advice, yet don't take the advice that is offered. If you hear something that you don't want to hear you go on the defensive and take it personally. It's clear to me that you're young and still have a lot to learn about life. I get it, I was young once too, but I understood constructive criticism.
    I have no issue with you personally and 100000% honestly just want the best for the animals. The sooner you understand why we make the comments we do, the sooner you may actually learn something and grow as a person and an animal keeper.
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 08-13-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Thanks

I 100% understand constructive criticism, but sometimes it also helps to phrase things in a way that it isn't going to come across as rude or plain mean. I get that everyone has their right to an opinion and that this is a public forum; HOWEVER, since this was a matter that took place on a different thread, don't you think that it could have been better discussed through a private message rather than a public comment? Especially when this isn't something I'm doing right away?

Thanks

In your original post, you stated "soon" and to many of us here, soon could be as quick as tomorrow. I know when I say "soon" it means I already have the hab set up and temps running, the debit card is already out, or the snake is already on its way. I know many of us here have had our impulse purchase or two, but the people who buy snakes that way are seasoned, have the means to do so, and have been elbow deep in this hobby for many years. And almost everyone here, even with our differing opinions, methods and tastes, are incredibly passionate about what we do and are always concerned about the welfare of every animal, be it ours or someone else's.

When we see someone who has just relinquished a snake for lack of experience, funds or what have you, already looking for a new addition it will definitely cause a word of caution. Don't take offense, it's rarely ever done with malicious intent.

Take things slow, get the experience you need in case any future animals cause issues for you again. You never know what you're getting until you have the snake in front of you.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KayLynn For This Useful Post:

andrewross8705 (08-14-2017),Craiga 01453 (08-13-2017),DLena (08-13-2017),MissterDog (08-13-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KayLynn View Post
    In your original post, you stated "soon" and to many of us here, soon could be as quick as tomorrow. I know when I say "soon" it means I already have the hab set up and temps running, the debit card is already out, or the snake is already on its way. I know many of us here have had our impulse purchase or two, but the people who buy snakes that way are seasoned, have the means to do so, and have been elbow deep in this hobby for many years. And almost everyone here, even with our differing opinions, methods and tastes, are incredibly passionate about what we do and are always concerned about the welfare of every animal, be it ours or someone else's.

When we see someone who has just relinquished a snake for lack of experience, funds or what have you, already looking for a new addition it will definitely cause a word of caution. Don't take offense, it's rarely ever done with malicious intent.

Take things slow, get the experience you need in case any future animals cause issues for you again. You never know what you're getting until you have the snake in front of you.
    Seeing as I haven't purchased anything whatsoever that would be relevant to housing a new pet, "soon" for me isn't quite the same definition as it may be for everyone else. I really just want to know what the differences are with the different morphs as they age.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

I really just want to know what the differences are with the different morphs as they age.

All 3 of your choices will muddy up to some degree (that's what pastel does to combos unless you add up some en-lighter morph in addition to the pastel), some will muddy up more than others.

All those are adults over 1500 grams

Deborah Stewart

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-13-2017),LivingDeadGirl (08-13-2017)

Thanks

Seeing as I haven't purchased anything whatsoever that would be relevant to housing a new pet, "soon" for me isn't quite the same definition as it may be for everyone else. I really just want to know what the differences are with the different morphs as they age.
    You also said you were ready to get a new one, which implies sooner rather than later.

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/pewter/ - examples of pewters

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/pastel-spider/ - A high quality bee will keep some of the yellow, and have a nice high white. Most of the yellows on bee's will fade out to grayish brown, though.

http://www.worldofballpythons.com/morphs/butter-pastel/ - Pastel butter

Good luck with whatever you decide to do

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KayLynn For This Useful Post:

andrewross8705 (08-14-2017),Craiga 01453 (08-13-2017),LivingDeadGirl (08-13-2017)

Thanks
    I like the pastel butter.

Thanks

I'm partial to the pastel butter as I have a super pastel lesser, those combos are so gorgeous to me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12