Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,880

0 members and 2,880 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
    Thanks

Do ball pythons bask?

Not really bask..but more like relax? I don't know what term to use. I've heard and used the term 'A hiding BP is a happy BP.', but to what extent?

Sometimes Khaa comes out and just sits somewhere, like on his hide for a few hours and isn't hungry and no husbandry problems here, is that normal? I was under the pretense that if a ball python is out and about its either hungry or is trying to get out due to husbandry issues or with males wanting to mate.

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, I'm just curious. And yes, I do know that ball pythons are nocturnal....
    1.0- Pastel het Pied- Khaa

Thanks
    At Night: Both of mine (a male and a female) come out occasionally and sit on top of their hides. Other nights we don't see them at all, and some nights they just pop out for a quick trip to the other side of the enclosure.

In the Day: Hiding, 100% of the time. Around 5pm when we have dinner our female will poke her head out for the night and generally stay that way until the lights in her enclosure turn off, at which point see "At Night"