Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,681

0 members and 2,681 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Rambo Progression

So Rambo has steadily been eating small rats, and steadily growing. This past feeding (two days ago) i offered him a medium rat, as the smalls have been seeming quite a bit smaller than his girth. Now i understand that this is definitely not the approach to adults, as they get so thick, and he'll never get more than large rats, but he is still fairly small so i thought it may still be alright for this approach. Well the medium rat was a slight bit bigger than his girth, you can see a slight bulge still, nothing crazy but he's definitely full. I've looked into VPI's feeding recommendations and dabbling in the forums and it seems to be that most people feed their adults bi-weekly; when do i make the switch from weekly? He is still growing at a decent rate, but i dont want to shorten his life by bumping up his prey size too quickly. I was thinking i would skip his feeding next week since he had a large meal and then either go back to weekly small rats or stay on bi-weekly mediums. Any thoughts?
    I had to pull him out to clean some really soggy substrate so i grabbed a few pictures and his weight; his last weigh in was 3 weeks ago so he has had 2 small rats and a medium since but he went from 954g to 1219g, i guess im just worried about overfeeding because it seems like his weight increases 30% every month or so. Does this sound about right to anyone with lots of experience? Thanks ahead of time and as always heres some pics

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dxw425 For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (11-29-2017)

Thanks
    He seems to be pretty much the same age and size as my male Matrix Het T+ - Dexter. He was born on 6/30/16... When was Rambo born? I just weighed Dexter on 10/11 and he weighed in at 872 grams after having not eaten for 12 days, because he had missed a meal. I still have him on a 1 small rat every 7 days feeding schedule. In my opinion, mediums seem like they would be a little too large for him. Dexter's girlfriend - Sophie is one year older than him. She was born between June and September, 2015. I just bumped her up from 1 small to 1 medium every 7 days maybe just 1 - 2 months ago and she isn't overweight. I haven't weighed her for awhile, so I weighed her just now and was very surprised to see that she only weighed in at 1,146 grams. She missed her last meal, so she hasn't eaten for 12 days and she just finally emptied out for me for the first time on 8/04...

I would also be interested in finding out at what point it is suggested to cut these guys back to bi-weekly feeding. I've been under the assumption that they get cut back to a maintenance diet once they've reached adult size...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Aedryan Methyus For This Useful Post:

Dxw425 (10-22-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    Havent given an update for Rambo in awhile so heres some photos. He's eating, shedding, growing great. I havent weighed him yet, and he just ate yesterday so i will get his weight later on this week. He's about 3 feet long and my guess would be around 3lbs by picking him up and looking at how his growth has been going so far. He did skip a meal last week, but he was deep deep in blue and shed out for me two days ago. Heres some pictures ive grabbed over the last couple of weeks

Rambo, master of disguise:

I came home and he had filled his water dish with pee and decided to soak in it. He also decided to just stay in the tub when i pilled it out to change the water, so he got a nice rinse off while i cleaned/filled it again

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dxw425 For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (11-14-2017),MR Snakes (11-28-2018),o.r hill (11-05-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

K so my scale is broken so no weight update, but heres a comparison pic with an old pic when he was still tiny in July.

Rambo as of July 7th:

Rambo as of today November 13th:

Excuse the mess, i was in the middle of cleaning out cages/the spare room and got distracted. Probably should have finished before taking pictures but oh well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dxw425 For This Useful Post:

C.Marie (11-29-2017)

BPnet Veteran BallPythonWannaBe's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty snake in a pretty tank
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"
    -J.K Rowling Sorcerer's Stone
    Long time no see, back at it again in my white vans.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BallPythonWannaBe For This Useful Post:

Dxw425 (11-14-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dxw425 View Post
    K so my scale is broken so no weight update, but heres a comparison pic with an old pic when he was still tiny in July.

Rambo as of July 7th:

Rambo as of today November 13th:

Excuse the mess, i was in the middle of cleaning out cages/the spare room and got distracted. Probably should have finished before taking pictures but oh well.
    my mistake, the first picture is from late april/early may

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BallPythonWannaBe View Post
    Pretty snake in a pretty tank
    Thanks!
    and my favorite quote from Dean - "Stuff it with walnuts, ugly"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dxw425 For This Useful Post:

BallPythonWannaBe (11-14-2017)

Thanks
    He is looking great as always, Dxw! You might wanna consider getting him some nicotine patches, though! My Matrix boy just shed last week and is lookin' all fly right now, so I think i'll take some updated pictures of him tonight to share with you guys and weigh him while i'm at it. When I picked him up a few days ago I could have swore he doubled in girth over-night!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Aedryan Methyus For This Useful Post:

Dxw425 (11-14-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aedryan Methyus View Post
    He is looking great as always, Dxw! You might wanna consider getting him some nicotine patches, though! My Matrix boy just shed last week and is lookin' all fly right now, so I think i'll take some updated pictures of him tonight to share with you guys and weigh him while i'm at it. When I picked him up a few days ago I could have swore he doubled in girth over-night!
    Haha, it was the only thing i could find at the time that showed his relative size well, we just use it to light candles haha. Looking forward to the seeing the pictures!

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Rambo is still doing well! I love this snake.
    And check out his turd! I was completely caught off guard by the size of the mess i found when i came home from work the other day. And to think he's not even full grown. So here are two pictures of Rambo, with a third of his poo featuring his reference lighter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast