Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,839

2 members and 2,837 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma

View Poll Results: Would you still go to Disneyland?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would still totally go!

8 47.06%
  • No, it might be weird.

5 29.41%
  • Yes, its more fun w/o kids!

4 23.53%
  • I dunno.

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

Re: Would you still go to Disneyland?

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    I'd skip Disney, grab an inflatable flat-bottom boat, and go herping in the Everglades because I hate crowds.
    This. ^
    No interest whatsoever in a theme park.
    Would love to see the Everglades.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    If kids are back to school and the crowds and lines aren't too bad I would say go. But you would have to pay me to go if it was crowded. I'm 100000% all set with waiting hours in line for minutes of fun on the rides.

Thanks

It's fun and all but, for me and my friends I'd go to Six Flags. We love roller coasters.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    I'm not a theme park, stand in lines, bake in the sun kind of person. Even when my kids were little, it never made our to-do list. We went horse packing and did nature hikes on day or weekend trips. And went on historic trips.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DLena For This Useful Post:

zina10 (08-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts
    If you don't mind literally rubbing shoulders constantly with strangers all day you may like it. Me, I was only willing to do that for my kids along with 1-2+ hours waiting in line for each ride. I will never go back now that my kids are grown.

OTH, Disney World is 10 times better and you can work the lines better with so much to do.

But if you are limited to only California, I'd pick Universal Studios in a heartbeat. Much better rides and more to do. Plus you're not constantly rubbing against strangers.

Food for thought, many years later, my kids still talk about Universal Studios, but never a word about Disneyland. Obviously, I have the same sentiments.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by distaff View Post
    This. ^
    No interest whatsoever in a theme park.
    Would love to see the Everglades.
    Easy - do both

Thanks
    I've been maybe 3 times with friends in college and then went with my husband. It is different as an adult. Some aspects are more fun, some are less. It is less "magical", but still fun to ride the rides with friends. We went to Epcot, the magic kingdom, and I've also been to animal kingdom as an adult (I didn't find it as good as the other parks IMO).
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I couldn't vote in the poll because there isn't a "I'd rather be dragged through cactus than go to Disney" option.

That said, there are a lot of adults who go to Disney. It's not about kids. Think of all the rides where "you must be this tall" and there's the World of Beer. A lot of the places to eat are geared for adults.

If you like Disney, freaking GO to Disney. Don't worry about anyone else. Go enjoy yourself.

I'll recommend the Resorts instead of the bigger hotels, they're way cheaper and they run awesome shuttles to ALL the Disney parks and to the airport too. At least they do here in Florida, I think you're asking about the California park.

I went recently for a convention, never went to any of the parks but the con was in one of the biggest hotels on Disney. There were tons of young adults with no kids.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    Haha, Wolfy..that is brilliant !! "I'd rather be dragged through a cactus then go to Disney".

I feel the same exact way. But on the other hand, I completely understand that many people love it. That is the Beauty of it, we don't all have to enjoy the same things.

For me, I HATE crowds. Hate it. I hate lines. Just way to many people there. And all "man made" fun and attractions.

Perhaps I'm just sort of a anti social strange kind of person, but while there are natural wonders in this world, I will never choose the man made stuff over those. Well, now that I sit here and think about it, perhaps I DO want to see some man made things. But more along the lines of "interesting history". Historic sites. Mysterious sites.
    Give me an adventure over all that glitter and glam.

I'd literally be out West or North where they used to find gold, and try my little heart out all day to find a bit of it. Give me horses, nature, hikes, VIEWS. Wide open gorgeous views. Interesting animals. Even if it means no comfort.

I don't like Cruises. I wouldn't be caught going to Dubai (some of my extended family loves it). I don't need to see that overdone stuff. Give me a photo safari through a Wildlife park in Africa.

Did I say VIEWS ?

Long story short, no, you couldn't pay me to go to Disney. But then..even as a kid I didn't like Disney movies. To much SINGING going on. For some reason it always bothered me that the story stops all the time for all that singing going no. I still don't like that in Movies, LOL.

For someone that enjoys Disney and adventure parks, it can be a magical place full of fun and a good time with friends and family. You don't have to have kids to enjoy it, most people that I know went their as adults (without kids). Nothing wrong with that
    Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12