Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,054

1 members and 3,053 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Banana/Coral Glow Question

Okay, so I've been reading up on banana BPs recently and have seen the thing about male/female makers and was a little confused. I think I've got kinda the jist of it but but the way people word it was a bit confusing so I'm not sure so I thought id clarify as well as ask a few other questions that I was confused on.

So tell me if this is correct. If I were to breed my male Pastel Butter Congo to a female Banana then the banana males that hatch from that would be female makers and hatch females and if it was switched and if my PBC was a female and the Banana a male then the banana males hatched would be male makers.

Now some questions assuming I'm not totally off base

1. Will all the banana animals that hatch be the male/female that was predicted or is it just that the odds are higher to get that gender?

2. In all the posts I read said that if you breed the male/female maker to a normal then all the bananas will be male/female and the normals be the other gender. Does this mean that you have to breed them to a normal for this to work or were they just using normal for an example for a morph other then banana? Like if I were the breed the maker with a spider or something would this still work?

I think that's all unless I think of more Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    1. Will all the banana animals that hatch be the male/female that was predicted or is it just that the odds are higher to get that gender?
    everyone seems to have different numbers, but as male maker banana offspring will be male 90%-99% (depends who you ask) of the time. there is a small chance for a female banana still.

2. In all the posts I read said that if you breed the male/female maker to a normal then all the bananas will be male/female and the normals be the other gender. Does this mean that you have to breed them to a normal for this to work or were they just using normal for an example for a morph other then banana? Like if I were the breed the maker with a spider or something would this still work?
    other morphs have nothing to do with banana. still works the same.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Banana/Coral Glow Question

Would be nice to be able to give a specific number but results may vary, my very first male that I used only for one season produced 3 males 1 female, my second male that I used for 2 season and that produced 25+ CG combos or so has produced ZERO females. I have a good friend who's male produced 1 female in every clutch the first season and no female the second season.

You can breed your male to anything if you have a male maker all your CG or Banana or combos will be male and my experience has been that the rest of the clutch (non Banana or CG will be females). At least this is what I have experienced with over 50+ hatchlings from male maker. Coincidence???
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 08-10-2017 at 06:53 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

Thanks

Re: Banana/Coral Glow Question

Alright thank you both! ^-^ It really helped with my confusion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk