Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 768

0 members and 768 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,185 Times in 2,610 Posts
    I agree with the "Desert Ghost" camp.

They start beautiful and then they get better I'm very excited that more and more breeders are working with them and more combinations are coming out. As someone that likes to keep them as "pets" as well as possibly breeding later on, a Ball Python that actually GETS BETTER as they age really holds a lot of attraction.

Zina

0.1 Super Emperor Pinstripe Ball Python "Sunny"
    0.1 Pastel Orange Dream Desert Ghost Ball Python "Luna"
    0.1 Pastel Desert Ghost Ball Python "Arjanam"
    0.1 Lemonblast Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Aurora"
    0.1 Pastel Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Venus"
    1.0 Pastel Butter Enchi Desert Ghost Ball Python "Sirius"
    1.0 Crested Gecko ( Rhacodactylus ciliatus) "Smeagol"

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    - Antoine de Saint-ExupÈry

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zina10 For This Useful Post:

iLikeSneks (08-17-2017),rufretic (08-18-2017),the_rotten1 (08-16-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 775 Posts
    Don't forget Orange Dream, I heard they get brighter with age.

Thanks

Re: Best Looking Morphs As Adults?

Quote Originally Posted by zina10 View Post
    I agree with the "Desert Ghost" camp.

They start beautiful and then they get better I'm very excited that more and more breeders are working with them and more combinations are coming out. As someone that likes to keep them as "pets" as well as possibly breeding later on, a Ball Python that actually GETS BETTER as they age really holds a lot of attraction.

I agree with you 100% I keep my BPs as pets right now, but purchase females that I would possibly be interested in breeding at some point. To that end, I want to actually enjoy what they look like as adults.
    Currently keeping:
    1.0 BCA 1.0 BCI
    1.0 CA BCI 1.1 BCLs
    0.1 BRB 1.2 KSBs
    1.0 Carpet 0.5 BPs
    0.2 cresteds 1.2 gargs
    1.0 Leachie 0.0.1 BTS

5. The Following User Says Thank You to artgecko For This Useful Post:

zina10 (08-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RickyNY View Post
    Don't forget Orange Dream, I heard they get brighter with age.
    I love orange dream but I have to slightly disagree with you. They start out orange and outstanding as babies but most adults I've seen have lost the orange coloration and don't look near as good as they did as babies. Now with that said, orange dream is a great enhancer morph and I absolutely love what it does to pattern and the other morphs you mix it with. The key to having an awesome orange dream adult is to mix it with at least one of the other morphs we discussed here.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (08-18-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Good old boring Albinos are great as adults .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks

I think the two best as they age and grow into mature adults are 1) Banana's (and other banana combinations) and 2) BEL's (specifically super lessers)

The bananas because their yellow just gets richer and deeper with time and age (and doesn't fade out or diminish like other morphs. Plus you get the awesome black freckling which becomes more prevalent and visible with time and age - which I love (although not everyone loves the freckling).

The BEL's because they stay stark white and the bigger the pure white snake - the better in my eyes

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Squirtle44 View Post
    I think the two best as they age and grow into mature adults are 1) Banana's (and other banana combinations) and 2) BEL's (specifically super lessers)

The bananas because their yellow just gets richer and deeper with time and age (and doesn't fade out or diminish like other morphs. Plus you get the awesome black freckling which becomes more prevalent and visible with time and age - which I love (although not everyone loves the freckling).

The BEL's because they stay stark white and the bigger the pure white snake - the better in my eyes
    The bananas are tricky, I agree they can look amazing as adults and I personally like the freckling as well. What I don't care for is how some of them tend to lose the contrast as they age and almost look like a solid yellow snake, which some may like but I prefer the high contrast combos. I'm really looking forward to seeing how some of the banana clown combos age because as babies they are one of my favorites. If we could get a combo to retain those purples and pinks into adulthood I think we'd have a real winner.

You really can't lose with the BELs if you like a white snake and I deffinitly agree the larger they get the more of a presence they have. I was never too into them until I got my ivory girl. She was a full size breeder when I got her and basically just picked her up for breeding purposes but man has she grown on me. There is just something about seeing a large white snake in person that can't be described. They will always make a great adult if you like a white snake and really the only thing that could possibly beat a BEL for a white snake would be a white wedding. I believe they have the brightest white and don't seem to discolor with age at all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234