Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,311

3 members and 2,308 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Thanks

Re: My gorgeous new Bob Clark, tiger, fluffy line part 2, it grows.

I assure you I got this. 20 years in the game and the two biggest names in retics have agreed to be consultants as I build my breeding location.

VA business load and will power. I can't expose it all but a new type of retic is coming.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The_Godfather View Post
    I know you said 10, she's going to surpass it.

I'm a bodybuilder so I feel okay at 15' but yes I have help.
    I would not rely on "bodybuilding" to get you out of a bad situation with a 15 foot retic that has made a mistake.

That would be a false sense of security and irresponsible. I don't ever overestimate my abilities even with the smaller 7 foot boa here. I still pay attention. My retic has me on my toes a lot but is still young. I'm sure you will be aware and cautious too. All it takes is a distracting bite and a coil or two from a big animal and you are in trouble.

I'm glad you have help as that is a requirement for the big ones.

Most folks are leaning toward the dwarf and SD packages these days for manageability and lesser feeding costs.

Still think your tiger is beautiful.

Be safe and good luck.
    Last edited by Gio; 08-09-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

I honestly am disgusted they dwarfed an animal of sheer magnificence. I dislike them a lot.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gio View Post
    I would not rely on "bodybuilding" to get you out of a bad situation with a 15 foot retic that has made a mistake.

That would be a false sense of security and irresponsible. I don't ever overestimate my abilities even with the smaller 7 foot boa here. I still pay attention. My retic has me on my toes a lot but is still young. I'm sure you will be aware and cautious too. All it takes is a distracting bite and a coil or two from a big animal and you are in trouble.

I'm glad you have help as that is a requirement for the big ones.

Most folks are leaning toward the dwarf and SD packages these days for manageability and lesser feeding costs.

Still think your tiger is beautiful.

Be safe and good luck.
    I've additional safety measures as well.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    He is in negotiations for a 20 ft retic but can't afford a keyboard? A 20 ft retic combined with whatever drugs he is taking is a recipe for disaster. I hope no one reads this stuff and thinks this guy is anyone to emulate.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Godfather View Post
    I honestly am disgusted they dwarfed an animal of sheer magnificence. I dislike them a lot.
    "They" did not dwarf anything. These dwarves are locality animals found on certain islands. Humans had nothing to do with that, it is natural selection and survival due to smaller prey and only seasonal availability. People found them easier to keep over a large animals and decided to breed them in captivity that is why they are around now and more popular.

Technically what happened is the dwarf population animals were bred to the mainland animals for colors but the actual dwarf population is a real thing. They were not created. Scientific studies even found differences in scale patterns and separate species recognition is pending for some populations. There is more to it but that's the gist.
    Last edited by Gio; 08-09-2017 at 03:33 PM.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

GoingPostal (08-09-2017),jmcrook (08-09-2017),KaelBP (08-09-2017),KWAddict (08-11-2017),Prognathodon (08-09-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    He is in negotiations for a 20 ft retic but can't afford a keyboard? A 20 ft retic combined with whatever drugs he is taking is a recipe for disaster. I hope no one reads this stuff and thinks this guy is anyone to emulate.
    If this is true,

I'm very concerned!

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    More of a concern is has he had experience with such a large constrictor. I mean working with a snake since it was a baby and 'growing' together with it is a LOT different than buying a 20' snake that you meet for the first time. Unless you have lots of experience and not just blowing smoke to sound cool, i would start with a small one and like i said, 'grow' with it.

And also i hope you have a source for goats and pigs available as something that size is not going to be happy either a couple jumbo rats or a couple rabbits lol. Guy i know with i believe she is a 18' female feeds it goats and stuff but like i said, he has his own farm and raises wolves, breeds Black Roughneck monitors and has large constrictors so he has chickens and goats and very capable of meeting the snakes' needs.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Gio (08-09-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    More of a concern is has he had experience with such a large constrictor. I mean working with a snake since it was a baby and 'growing' together with it is a LOT different than buying a 20' snake that you meet for the first time. Unless you have lots of experience and not just blowing smoke to sound cool, i would start with a small one and like i said, 'grow' with it.

And also i hope you have a source for goats and pigs available as something that size is not going to be happy either a couple jumbo rats or a couple rabbits lol. Guy i know with i believe she is a 18' female feeds it goats and stuff but like i said, he has his own farm and raises wolves, breeds Black Roughneck monitors and has large constrictors so he has chickens and goats and very capable of meeting the snakes' needs.
    I agree with that Sauzo.

An example near me is, Chase Delles (Chasin Reptiles) he's the son of the Bruce Delles, the guy that owns Twin Cities Reptiles here. I bought my son's royal there.
    Anyhow, Bruce has an 18 foot, male retic named Oscar. At that size I could simply not care for any snake. He's too big for me and not the size I'd enjoy as a pet snake here. Bruce placed Oscar with Chase as I believe Oscar was a lot of extra work at the reptile shop.

Oscar eats very large meals and is very placid, however if things were to get out of hand, he's a 3 person snake minimum for sure. He is as big as an average sized female mainland retic.

The O/P coming into a 20' retic, cold, after several years of being out of the hobby is rather daring IMO.

The new tiger posted here is very pretty. I personally don't find much satisfaction in "world record" sizes and would think that, that Fluffy line would not be in demand if you were to breed and sell for size.

If size is your bag, enjoy it. I support good keepers, no matter the type of snake they keep. That said, I have no tolerance for keepers that are trying to elevate their image based on another living thing's shape, size or temperament, especially when proper care may not be a priority.

O/P,

That's a very pretty tiger, actually its my favorite pattern in the snake world that can maybe considered somewhat natural or fairly non-morphish. I hope you enjoy it and are in a good position to care for it for many, many years.

Getting a 20 footer in a short time with thoughts of breeding it and placing offspring that are genetically predisposed for size, probably won't be very lucrative.

You may not like the dwarf populations, but they are typically more sought after these days.

Best of luck and be safe.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

KWAddict (08-11-2017),Sauzo (08-11-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Not on drugs punk. And yeah let me go get a keyboard for a damn laptop. I'd rather have it professionally fixed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast