Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,852

0 members and 2,852 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,078
Threads: 248,524
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, RaginBull
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts

Re: My gorgeous new Bob Clark, tiger, fluffy line part 2, it grows.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Godfather View Post
    Dude BCLs look like black and white red tails to me, nothing special I see there. You won't hear me speak on anything but BCIs and ATBs because I kept some. Pythons bring me a special feeling of wonder and amazement boas just don't. Except tree boas, they share in that elegant look. A well colored ATB..... amazing creatures.
    And to each their own. I started out big into BCI morphs but the longer I've been in the hobby, the more I appreciate the stuff Mother Nature makes.

I personally like retics but to be honest, since the lift on Lacey Act and it seems even before that, everyone breeds or keeps retics. And the sad part is a lot of the people do it simply for the epeen factor. Go to Retic Nation FB page. You will see mostly loud mouthy guys who talk a lot of trash and are basically keyboard warriors. Even a few of the old timers from Retic Nation even voiced that. I had recently joined so I didn't really understand but after spending time there just reading, it is filled with lots of arrogant loud people. Not everyone mind you but more than I see on the boa pages.

But anyways, each to their own. I love the look of adult BCL. They are natures true IMG imo. And on top of that, they are a fairly rare subspecies. The breeders I've talked to have told me Meltzer/Lincoln which was one of the starting lines along with Gus Rentfro's Hauge line I believe and the Denton line. Well Meltzer/Lincoln line is all about extinct I was told. And to complicate problems, these boas come from the Tumbes Mountains who Ecuador and Peru government have been fighting over ownership for years so you cant even collect wild ones from there.

Retics offer the most morphs imo but boas offer the most subspecies which each is special and unique. Good god, I'm starting to sound like Gio!! Soon, I'll be doing the fancy natural setups

Anyways, sorry for the rambling. Don't take it the wrong way. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you are doing. Just to me, credibility to me is lost when people go in so many directions at once. I am more apt to believe the guy who says one thing and does it than a guy who says 15 things and doesn't follow through with a single one. Anyways, no hard feelings chief.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sauzo For This Useful Post:

Gio (08-12-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

I'm upgrading to a better laptop in 2 weeks, I'll deal with it for now. It functions but when I get heated and type real fast its keys give me no mercy.

I don't know how much the genetic testing is, hence it's an area to check into. The science improves drastically fast.

My girlfriend does horses. They mapped the entire equine genome. Same with dogs. I'm only asking them to find 1 genetic marker. It might not be as bad as you think. Finding 1 marker is a lot less work than mapping the entire genes and known markers. My girl introduced me to the idea when breeding horses. There's no poss hets or hets, no diceroll.

It was worth calling a few labs today to see where the technology has progressed. Say it takes half my business loan money to do and it still pays off because every specimen will be needed.

And man look, lay off a bit.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    And to each their own. I started out big into BCI morphs but the longer I've been in the hobby, the more I appreciate the stuff Mother Nature makes.

I personally like retics but to be honest, since the lift on Lacey Act and it seems even before that, everyone breeds or keeps retics. And the sad part is a lot of the people do it simply for the epeen factor. Go to Retic Nation FB page. You will see mostly loud mouthy guys who talk a lot of trash and are basically keyboard warriors. Even a few of the old timers from Retic Nation even voiced that. I had recently joined so I didn't really understand but after spending time there just reading, it is filled with lots of arrogant loud people. Not everyone mind you but more than I see on the boa pages.

But anyways, each to their own. I love the look of adult BCL. They are natures true IMG imo. And on top of that, they are a fairly rare subspecies. The breeders I've talked to have told me Meltzer/Lincoln which was one of the starting lines along with Gus Rentfro's Hauge line I believe and the Denton line. Well Meltzer/Lincoln line is all about extinct I was told. And to complicate problems, these boas come from the Tumbes Mountains who Ecuador and Peru government have been fighting over ownership for years so you cant even collect wild ones from there.

Retics offer the most morphs imo but boas offer the most subspecies which each is special and unique. Good god, I'm starting to sound like Gio!! Soon, I'll be doing the fancy natural setups

Anyways, sorry for the rambling. Don't take it the wrong way. I wish you the best of luck in whatever you are doing. Just to me, credibility to me is lost when people go in so many directions at once. I am more apt to believe the guy who says one thing and does it than a guy who says 15 things and doesn't follow through with a single one. Anyways, no hard feelings chief.
    Even retic normals are like mother nature wove a pattern of magnificence onto them.

Honestly this is currently my full time job. I have money to live better than most of people my age because of veteran benefits. So with all day to handle things and research, consult with retic experts, I'm just following the process. Because I can also get very valuable items direct from source for sale in America I can further prop this project up until it at least balances budget. I also was forced ahead of schedule by the 20 footer so it's day to night work getting ready.

My baby Fluffy line I adore. And she is going to be the biggest one in my collection and produce the finest babies for me. I never cared much for retics until I finally saw those orange gem stone eyes in person.

And no owning big snakes does in fact not make you cool. I makes your friends swear they will never visit your house.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The_Godfather View Post
    Even retic normals are like mother nature wove a pattern of magnificence onto them.

Honestly this is currently my full time job. I have money to live better than most of people my age because of veteran benefits. So with all day to handle things and research, consult with retic experts, I'm just following the process. Because I can also get very valuable items direct from source for sale in America I can further prop this project up until it at least balances budget. I also was forced ahead of schedule by the 20 footer so it's day to night work getting ready.

My baby Fluffy line I adore. And she is going to be the biggest one in my collection and produce the finest babies for me. I never cared much for retics until I finally saw those orange gem stone eyes in person.

And no owning big snakes does in fact not make you cool. I makes your friends swear they will never visit your house.
    Fancy natural setups ain't easy. I had to book a carpenter for the door before mines done. Wait for the vines to grow. Long process compared to just a terrestrial box.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    No I don't. And where did you get this insults idea from? I was insinuating that you are all over the place with your goals, of first getting this baby retic the paperwork from Bob. Now working on acquiring a 20' retic. Then paying for this genetic testing which I am quite sure isn't cheap.

If like others have said, you are having trouble getting a laptop keyboard fixed, genetic testing and pinpointing said gene is going to be a lot more expensive and time consuming I would think.

And I understand you are discussing keeping and breeding but like my statement above, you are all over the board.
    Okay so I got a company and it's gonna run me 5-10k$. It's not about finding one gene, it's about comparing the large ones dna samples to say a dwarfs and finding multiple markers that indicate genetic potential. It makes it far less of a gamble. The science is ready now and reduces the dice roll. It's quite complex and we're only mapping indicators but as with horses and dogs it could change the morph game as we know it. 5-10k isn't bad because without having a means to test I'd ultimately waste more on specimens who didn't reach potential and will not be bred. But I'm in legitimate talks about having this done. Thats my status as of now on the testing.
    Last edited by The_Godfather; 08-11-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234