Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,157

0 members and 3,157 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,535
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Super Lesser bug eyes?

Quote Originally Posted by MmmBanana View Post
    Thanks for that picture! Thats the first one with bug eyes I have seen! I am unsure if Im interested in the snake I was asking about anymore. I was thinking it would be priced similar to his other BELs, but he is asking for $100 more because she might also have pastel, GHI, or spider. I don't plan on breeding her, so I think I might be better off waiting for a lesser mojave.
    If it were spider an blacklight bulb can tell him that. Wouldn't like someone to say it could be that without taking the miniscule effort to check that.
    iHerp profile
    Check out my reptiles on the iherp link above or FB below
    Rhacosaurus Gex

Thanks
    Alongside bug eye super butter/lesser are also prone to developing cataracts that aren't present at birth.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    This is what I thought for quite a long time as well until a board member here (I am kicking myself because I cannot remember who) had a super lesser develop bug eyes at a later stage.
    ive never heard of them developing them later in life either. If you ever find that post show us. I have seen them become less noticeable into adulthood tho. I've produced 5 super lessers so far, never had a bug eye, my issue has been they're all male. One is a breeder for me. Just got eggs 2 days ago from him (BEL) x lesser, 8 eggs, so hopefully theres a female BEL in there finally and hopefully I continue my no bug eye streak.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LotsaBalls View Post
    Paradox ��
    I had this issue as well Sorry for the link I'm new and still haven't figured out Pic's
    https://ball-pythons.net/gallery/sho...mageuser=69759
    Pastave x lesser I love this pairing. Always amazing babies They gave us 2 pastel BEl's last year and 3 Bel's this year. They hatched last week and should be shedding any Day
    Last edited by willow211986; 08-09-2017 at 08:54 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to willow211986 For This Useful Post:

Jules623 (08-09-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoon View Post
    If it were spider an blacklight bulb can tell him that. Wouldn't like someone to say it could be that without taking the miniscule effort to check that.
    I will keep that in mind. I've heard of that, but I wasn't sure if it was 100% accurate. Another thing I'm questioning is, is I keep being told that ALL spiders have wobble. If thats true, couldn't an experienced person spot the wobble and know for sure? The snake just hatched this week. The breeder said he has plenty of time to look for a wobble before the snake would even be ready to ship.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 657 Posts

All spiders have wobble. Not all of them have it bad and some have it so light that you can only see it if you watch when they get excited

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired.

Thanks
    Welp, as long as she isnt a problem feeder, he will get to see her excited a few times before she is ready to go. The breeder is Garrick Demeyer, so I trust his opinion on if he thinks she has a wobble or not.

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    They all have wobble. Garrick knows this. The wobble severity can come and go. I have some theories about incubation temps, but it is still too early to say anything definitive. I think I have hatched something like 25 spiders this year. Not one of them is showing anything at this point that most people would catch, however if you look hard enough for long enough you will see something if you know what to look for.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

StillBP (08-10-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts
    I have 3 spiders, bumble bee, disco bee and killer bee. I'm not convinced they all show wobble. The disco bee has it the worst and it is obvious almost all the time, the killer bee never showed it until about a year old and can be noticed at times of excitement and the bumble bee has never shown one sign of it. She's about 2000 grams and a breeder for me. I know what to look for and would of seen it by now. I have her first clutch in the incubator and should be hatching in the next couple weeks so I'm anxious to see if the babies with spider show wobble or not. It is impossible to say they won't ever develope it but I don't agree that they all show wobble. I also have a breeder friend that has a couple spiders that show no signs of it as adults to back this as well.

Thanks
    Well, turns out the snake does have slightly bug eyes(in my opinion anyways). However, she is adorable so we decided to put a deposit on her. Garrick said she ate last week. I was too excited to hear that she had no issues taking food to ask if he noticed any wobble. I will ask him sometime this week. I will post some pictures Garrick sent me in a little bit.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast