Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,837

1 members and 2,836 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Site facelift?

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts
    It was a pop up when you first downloaded.
    All apps do it and its up to you to read whatthey want access to.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

JodanOrNoDan (08-07-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,221 Times in 1,151 Posts
    I like the current color scheme a lot. It's soothing to the eyes but still cheerful color.

I don't like the browns and blacks option at all. It makes me think of a tech forum, cold and sterile seeming for some reason. Sorry. Also, demanding it be your choice of colors, then purchasing it immediately seems like an attempt to force it to be used.

I agree with those that say the theme and colors and layout is good, and improving a couple things like uploading photos and improving mobile access would be the only things to concentrate on.

I access this site only on my laptop. So I'm still looking for a better place to use for uploading pictures.
    Theresa Baker
    No Legs and More
    Florida, USA
    "Stop being a wimpy monkey,; bare some teeth, steal some food and fling poo with the alphas. "

Thanks
    Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Here I downloaded just to show you, this is the permissions Tapatalk supposedly needs to work, I denied them all just to show it.

And I guess my response to I like the way it is, why do you see modern styling as worse? You can change colors easily, don't focus on that, but layout and navigation look much better imo. This is what I see on the phone

Vs

Thanks

Re: Site facelift?

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    Photo uploading would be so great if the server cost is manageable (I assume that's why it's not done now?).
    Video takes a ton of space, pictures, hardly at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,312 Times in 1,363 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thank you everyone for your feedback thus far--it helps us to determine what is important to you all.

We will be keeping the current color theme for the foreseeable future. Even if we were to add on some sort of mobile optimized option this would still be the color theme (or something very similar).

We do have a gallery that you can use for hosting your photos. A gallery that takes up several gigabytes of space on the server, because photos do take up a lot of space when there are gazillions of them. Do you not like the gallery? Is it not easy enough to use, or what is the main complaint with it?

As far as mobile options go, what exactly are you looking for? Is it the appearance or the functionality that you would like to see improved? Or both?
    - Emily

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlededee For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-07-2017),wolfy-hound (08-07-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    What's to trust ???

You simply click on the PHOTO option , choose which photo/s and it's all done for you in about 25 seconds .
    There's what pit said also ive seen too many people have problems with tapatalk. Too many times on this site people go tapatalk isn't uploading or photos disappear from a thread stuff like.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mlededee View Post
    Thank you everyone for your feedback thus far--it helps us to determine what is important to you all.

We will be keeping the current color theme for the foreseeable future. Even if we were to add on some sort of mobile optimized option this would still be the color theme (or something very similar).

We do have a gallery that you can use for hosting your photos. A gallery that takes up several gigabytes of space on the server, because photos do take up a lot of space when there are gazillions of them. Do you not like the gallery? Is it not easy enough to use, or what is the main complaint with it?

As far as mobile options go, what exactly are you looking for? Is it the appearance or the functionality that you would like to see improved? Or both?
    My phone photos are too big to upload, so I never use it. It needs to resize on upload I would imagine. Also ideally we would be able to upload where we type our messages.

Responsive design is what I would like. Not having to zoom and scroll left n right to see things would be nice, nested quotes in PM's are a mess also on mobile. It looks like vbulletin 5 is responsive from the start.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Site facelift?

Quote Originally Posted by EDR View Post
    There's what pit said also ive seen too many people have problems with tapatalk. Too many times on this site people go tapatalk isn't uploading or photos disappear from a thread stuff like.
    Well I myself have never had any issues with TapaTalk and I've been using it for years ... I stopped bothering with PhotoBucket and the like many years ago as they were such a faff to use .

TapaTalk works great with IPhones and IPads and I'd say that I possibly upload more photos to this site than anyone else ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zincubus; 08-07-2017 at 09:32 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zincubus For This Useful Post:

EDR (08-08-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    You do know you gave them rights to your entire phone when you loaded the app right?
    Why does it need to have your contacts available when you only want to use it for your gallery?
    This is what Tapatalk can access on the phone. Why do you say it accesses your contacts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BPGator For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (08-08-2017)

Thanks

My biggest issue abt how the site "looks".. the over abundance of advertising alll over the place. Its very distracting on web browser.. but, I now use tapatalk so I dnt have to see that mess. Do as U please tho.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jeanne; 08-07-2017 at 11:43 PM.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeanne For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (08-08-2017)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast