Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 538

1 members and 537 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Site facelift?

Thanks

Re: Site facelift?

Over all i'm happy with how this site works. Though i am curious to know why this site stopped it's herp and bp pictures of the month they used to do. I wish they brought it back and at least made it a quarterly thing instead of monthly. Also can anyone answer how could i upload more pics to my profile cause i don't trust taptalk. Do i need to get a silver, gold account to upload more?
    Last edited by EDR; 08-07-2017 at 10:45 AM.
    0.1 : Albino Clown - GHI Pastave - Killer Bee Fader - Sugar Bee - Pastel het pied - Lemon Blast het puzzle

1.0 : Banana - Mystic Potion 66% pos het pied - Pastel Lesser het puzzle - Super Pastel 66% pos het puzzle

1.0 2012 Albino Red Tail

Thanks
    For what it's worth, I have no problem with the current aesthetic, but as others have said, direct photo uploading would be great. I don't use tapatalk, though I might try it, but I do go on the forum from my home computer a lot and it's a pain to jump through all the hoops to link a pic. Options besides "thanks" might be cool, but I could see that getting out of hand. I don't think that I'm alone in wanting to keep this site totally distinct from Facebook, so maybe a plethora of one button responces is something I could live without. Aesthetically, though the OP's suggestion is modern it feels a bit, I dont know, "hotmail" to me.
    1.0 Central American BI: Irwin
    0.1 Jungle, het snow BI: Gimel
    1.0 green albino, het granite Burm: Dr. Waffles
    1.0 Betta fish: Convertible
    1.1 cats: Tipitina (Tipi) and Professor Longhair (Fess)
    0.1 Egyptian baladi dog: Toasty

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Looks come and go like fashion and everyone has an opinion about what is "nice". I have continual battles about the looks of software. My marketing people are always wanting things to get a face lift. I have to remind them over and over that functionality is king.

For the most part, this site does exactly what it is supposed to do. You can figure out how to use it relatively quickly. Any effort the owners want to put into the platform should focus on usability issues. The two largest being image management and phone display.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-07-2017),Creepy Alien (08-09-2017),PitOnTheProwl (08-07-2017),wolfy-hound (08-07-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,840 Times in 4,770 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    My marketing people are always wanting things to get a face lift. I have to remind them over and over that functionality is king.
    Back when I was into racing cars, we had a saying for that: Chrome don't get you home.

For me what makes-or-breaks a site is:
    - Functionality / Ease of Use
    - Performance
    - Signal to Noise ratio

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-07-2017),distaff (08-10-2017),JodanOrNoDan (08-07-2017),PitOnTheProwl (08-07-2017),wolfy-hound (08-07-2017)

Thanks

I'll second that it would be nice to have something a little more mobile friendly. Tapatalk is what it is and I'll use it once in a great while, but not a huge fan. I'm at a desktop 90% of the workday, but when I'm at home in the evenings or on the weekends, I rarely check in. I don't have a PC or a laptop at the moment, so my Ipad and my phone are it as far as staying connected.

I think we'll only see more of this with the younger generation (at least with my nieces I'm seeing it, for sure) so maybe a thought for the future.
    Last edited by ladywhipple02; 08-07-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,895 Times in 2,991 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EDR View Post
    Over all i'm happy with how this site works. Though i am curious to know why this site stopped it's herp and bp pictures of the month they used to do. I wish they brought it back and at least made it a quarterly thing instead of monthly. Also can anyone answer how could i upload more pics to my profile cause i don't trust taptalk. Do i need to get a silver, gold account to upload more?
    What's to trust ???

You simply click on the PHOTO option , choose which photo/s and it's all done for you in about 25 seconds ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dkatz4 View Post
    I have no problem with the current aesthetic, but as others have said, direct photo uploading would be great.
    I agree with this! I like the blue color scheme, it's nice and not jarring to the eyes. I don't use my phone for internet stuff so I can't give any feedback about that. Photo uploading would be so great if the server cost is manageable (I assume that's why it's not done now?).

Been around quite a while and many sites have dwindled to a shell of what they were or are gone completely (remember when KS was basically all there was?). Facebook has taken over and killed most forums, not just reptiles but gaming forums I frequented have also diminished or closed up completely (RIP bioware forums). Maybe I'm just old and stuck in my ways but I do really hope that forums come back when some of these other social platforms fall out of favor as myspace did.

BP.net is one of the few reptile related forums that seems to be going strong which is why I finally joined in here. Keep up the good work.
    For the Horde!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

wolfy-hound (08-07-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
    (RIP bioware forums)
    I know, right!?

Sometimes It Hurts... PitOnTheProwl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,985 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    What's to trust ???
    You do know you gave them rights to your entire phone when you loaded the app right?
    Why does it need to have your contacts available when you only want to use it for your gallery?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PitOnTheProwl For This Useful Post:

EDR (08-07-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,895 Times in 2,991 Posts

Site facelift?

Quote Originally Posted by PitOnTheProwl View Post
    You do know you gave them rights to your entire phone when you loaded the app right?
    Why does it need to have your contacts available when you only want to use it for your gallery?
    I've never seen anything about contacts using my iPhone and iPad . It just goes straight to my photos .

Plus I've never had nor heard of any issues using TapaTalk in the last 5+ years maybe longer ..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zincubus; 08-07-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast