Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,076

1 members and 3,075 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    To let you know, Q-Tips work wonders. I use them when i have to clean substrate out of mouths or prop a mouth open. Use the cotton ends to wipe anything off the lips and use the stick part in the middle to hold open the snakes mouth.

As to your question, might be, might not be. Need more info like hot side temp, cool side temp, humidity, etc. My advice going into this blind is bump the hot side temp to 90F and cool side to 82F and humidity up to 70% for a week and see if it goes away.

I personally keep my BP at 78-84F overall ambient cage temp depending on room temp and time of year and 88F hot spot with flexwatt and humidity at 70% or so. Must be working as she figured out to slide open her cage door and venture around the house so i had to actually use a cage lock for her lol.

And if you are using the dial type gauges, ditch them. They are 99% of the time wrong. Buy a digital unit from Acurite which arent 100% accurate either but for $10, they are close enough and off by maybe 10% humidity and 3-5F.

And honestly, if you are really worried about, take him to the vet. None of us can diagnose your snake over the internet.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 08-22-2017 at 12:00 AM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks

Re: Wheezing? Is he okay?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sauzo View Post
    To let you know, Q-Tips work wonders. I use them when i have to clean substrate out of mouths or prop a mouth open. Use the cotton ends to wipe anything off the lips and use the stick part in the middle to hold open the snakes mouth.

As to your question, might be, might not be. Need more info like hot side temp, cool side temp, humidity, etc. My advice going into this blind is bump the hot side temp to 90F and cool side to 82F and humidity up to 70% for a week and see if it goes away.

I personally keep my BP at 78-84F overall ambient cage temp depending on room temp and time of year and 88F hot spot with flexwatt and humidity at 70% or so. Must be working as she figured out to slide open her cage door and venture around the house so i had to actually use a cage lock for her lol.

And if you are using the dial type gauges, ditch them. They are 99% of the time wrong. Buy a digital unit from Acurite which arent 100% accurate either but for $10, they are close enough and off by maybe 10% humidity and 3-5F.

And honestly, if you are really worried about, take him to the vet. None of us can diagnose your snake over the internet.
    Thank you, Q-Tips are a great idea! I'll try to get the digital one. And I'm sorry, I will try to get him to the vet.. I'm sorry I know.

Thanks
    You say you got him 1-2 weeks ago. I know I'm know expert but maybe you're handling him to much and he needs to get used to his new surroundings? He might just be stressed out.

Thanks

Re: Wheezing? Is he okay?!

Yeah, I completely agree. I am going to leave him alone for a week because he seemed a bit stressed, but after that I want to try and reduce the number of times I handle him

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123