Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,942

2 members and 2,940 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Dwarf Burmese Python

I am interested finding a breeder of the Dwarf Burmese Python (Python bivittatus progschai). Basically I like the looks of the wild type Burm with the general size of a Ball python. Also interested in possible breeder of the Half Dwarf Burms

Thanks

Re: Dwarf Burmese Python

Bob Clark has dwarf burmese pythons available. http://www.bobclark.com/available/burmese_pythons/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Fazer72110 For This Useful Post:

jmcrook (08-04-2017)

Thanks

I was aware that Bob Clark still breeds them. But so far he is the only one in the United States that I have found - who still does. I am wondering if there are others who still do as well.

Thanks

He's the only one I've found also. I did a quick search on Kingsnake and Morphmarket and found nothing else. Looks like Bob Clark is it and he only has a pair left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Looks like Bob Clark is it and he only has a pair left.
    You mean a pair left - FOR SALE? As based on his website - he has a male and a female 2017 progschai. Also based on his videos(from 2012) I would say he has or did have at least 2 progschai adult females.

Thanks
    Actually - Bob Clark has more than 1 pair left. He has a clutch of baby Dwarf Burms - ready for sell. At least according to his facebook page - which he posted on 8/12/17.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,341 Times in 3,220 Posts
    I'm sure there are others who breed them or will since the Lacey Act interstate transportation ban is lifted. Join brum FB pages like Burmese Python Classifieds, USA Burmese python keepers, Burmese/reticulated python info and for sale. I'm sure there are other FB pages but those are the ones I'm on. I'm sure you could find a dwarf there.

Bob Clark has nice stuff but personally I'd rather buy from a smaller time breeder as a few people I've talked to have said, he doesn't keep the most informative records on his stuff. A lot of small time breeders will keep closer records like percents and bloodlines etc. This is more for SD retics though as a dwarf burm is going to be a dwarf burm. Be aware though, I've been told dwarf burms tend to be more flighty and high strung than full size burms. Kind of like the same thing I hear about SD retics.
    Last edited by Sauzo; 08-14-2017 at 02:04 AM.
    0.1 Rio Bravo Pokigron Suriname BC-Gina
    1.0 Meltzer/Lincoln Peruvian Longtail het anery BCL-Louie

0.1 Biak Green Tree Python-Pat
    ​1.0 OSHY Biak Green Tree Python-Alex
    0.0.1 Super Reduced Reticulated Gila Monster-Dozer
    0.0.1 Utah Banded Gila Monster-Tank
    0.0.1 Super Black Beaded Lizard-Reggie

Thanks
    I've been told dwarf burms tend to be more flighty and high strung than full size burms. Kind of like the same thing I hear about SD retics.
    And I also have heard the same. But with more in depth research - I have found this mostly applies to WC dwarfs or early generations(F1-F3) of captive bred dwarf brums. In addition this may depend on how the owner cares for them. As I also heard of captive bred dwarf brums which are being described as "tame" and handleable.

In terms of size for dwarf brums (progschai) - pure(100 %) dwarf brums tend to range - between 4-6.5 feet on average. An exceptionally large female may be up to 8 feet long. Most pure dwarf males are about 4-5 feet. While the pure dwarf females tend to be about 5-6.5 feet. At 7 feet a pure dwarf brum is considered to be above normal in size. By comparison - the Half Dwarf(50%) brums are larger - with males averaging 5-6 feet in length, Females typically averaging about 7-8 feet. Half dwarfs are known to reach 9-10 feet in length.