Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,376

2 members and 3,374 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Reptile!

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts

Re: New Reptile!

Quote Originally Posted by brandi.caruso View Post
    The only problem with that is I know what constructive criticism really is become I'm an art major, I've sat through plenty of that and took it like a breeze. And I really could careless if you lot don't like the language, I'm not going to change how I interact because you guys find it oh so offensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't care how people talk, as long as I get the information I need so you can address me any way you so choose unless you violate the TOS which some admins may take issue with. You are not helping your partner nor your animals by arguing with people on here since they are right and only trying to help. All you are going to accomplish is to aggravate the people that can actually help you with problems. It is hard to tell tone on a board.

To be clear my tone should come across as irritated. I took time out of my day to help your partner yesterday and I was ignored. Then I have my board friends getting slammed by the dynamic duo who are making mistakes but don't want to hear about it.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

andrewross8705 (08-01-2017),Craiga 01453 (08-01-2017),Kira (08-01-2017),PokeyTheNinja (08-01-2017),Sunnieskys (08-01-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Well, I was not going to post today, but I am going to now. Why are people being so direct with the OP? Because the OP needs to hear direct. I was nice with my suggestions yesterday, today I am not feeling that nice.

I suggested yesterday that the snake needed to go to the vet. It obviously didn't because the fecal test wouldn't have come back yet. It is highly likely that the OP's snake was sick. It was not acting very much like a ball python and not gaining weight. Instead of fixing the problem the animal was pawned off on someone else. I work around 70hrs a week, I have a large family to provide for, practice a full martial arts schedule, a home to take care of, and at this time around 100 pythons to take care of. Somehow I have the time...

In my opinion the OP just wants things to be easy and neglected responsibilities for the animal she already had. To dump one and just bring another home into an environment that is very possibly infected is just irresponsible. Maybe I should take back child number three, because the dentist bills are too high. Maybe I should take back child number four because she is difficult? I'm sure this sounds ridiculous to most rational people.

The OP needs more pets like I need another hole in the head.
    Nice or not, I took your suggestion yesterday. And like I stated then, I passed that info on to the person who now has her. So don't get nasty with me because you think that you know me. You clearly don't. I know what the responsibilities of having a pet, whether it be a reptile or a dog, entail. I did my research. So before you go opening your mouth and judging my responsibilities as a pet owner, maybe you should get to know me and my position. I'm very open to constructive criticism, but I don't tolerate being being told what to do and trying to get away with it. You don't know me. You don't know my background. And you don't know what kind of life my pets are living. I am the last person that would neglect their animals. I sat and watched that happen too many times in a town where I could do nothing. So maybe you should back off.

Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 08-01-2017 at 03:17 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brandi.caruso View Post
    The only problem with that is I know what constructive criticism really is become I'm an art major, I've sat through plenty of that and took it like a breeze. And I really could careless if you lot don't like the language, I'm not going to change how I interact because you guys find it oh so offensive.

If you don't want to listen, why are you still here? At this point, you're only baiting people.

I would recommend everyone drop this thread like a hot rock and walk away. Clearly no one is going to get through at this point.

5. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-01-2017),Kira (08-01-2017),MissterDog (08-01-2017),PokeyTheNinja (08-01-2017),redshepherd (08-01-2017),tttaylorrr (08-01-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
    Nice or not, I took your suggestion yesterday. And like I stated then, I passed that info on to the person who now has her. So don't get nasty with me because you think that you know me. You clearly don't. I know what the responsibilities of having a pet, whether it be a reptile or a dog, entail. I did my research. So before you go opening your mouth and judging my responsibilities as a pet owner, maybe you should get to know me and my position. I'm very open to constructive criticism, but I don't tolerate being being told what to do and trying to get away with it. You don't know me. You don't know my background. And you don't know what kind of life my pets are living. I am the last person that would neglect their animals. I sat and watched that happen too many times in a town where I could do nothing. So maybe you should back off.
    Nope. Not going to back off. "Free" advice has a price. Like you alluded to, you do not know who you are actually talking to, only maybe what someone puts in their profile. I'll give you a little hint, I've been at this in some shape way or form for 40 years. You, young lady, are making mistakes, shirking responsibility, and talking like a sailor. If you are smart, after you cool off, you are going to realize we are right.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 08-01-2017 at 03:17 PM.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-01-2017),ladywhipple02 (08-01-2017),PokeyTheNinja (08-01-2017),Sunnieskys (08-01-2017)

Thanks

So, since some of you clearly can't read or just don't want to understand, the leopard gecko is NOT IN THE SAME TANK. It is in a DIFFERENT tank. Not the same setup either. Clear enough for ya? The snake wasn't on reptile carpet, which is what the gecko is on. The snake didn't use hides made out of small planters, like the gecko has. The only thing that is the same from the snakes tank is the water bowl, which we washed.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    If you don't want to listen, why are you still here? At this point, you're only baiting people.

I would recommend everyone drop this thread like a hot rock and walk away. Clearly no one is going to get through at this point.
    Nah, they still could be helped after they get done being angry. Just don't lose your cool.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-01-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JodanOrNoDan View Post
    Nah, they still could be helped after they get done being angry. Just don't lose your cool.

You're correct... just thinking we could give them some time to calm down. The smart ones always come back after they stop taking things so personally.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
    So, since some of you clearly can't read or just don't want to understand, the leopard gecko is NOT IN THE SAME TANK. It is in a DIFFERENT tank. Not the same setup either. Clear enough for ya? The snake wasn't on reptile carpet, which is what the gecko is on. The snake didn't use hides made out of small planters, like the gecko has. The only thing that is the same from the snakes tank is the water bowl, which we washed.

I am actually concerned about cross contamination between the snake that left and the ones remaining. This is why it was so important to get the fecal done. I hope the new animal is in quarantine.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-01-2017),PokeyTheNinja (08-01-2017)

Thanks

We wouldn't be taking things so personally if people would quit aiming them at us in such a way. It's pretty simple really.

Telling it like it is! Stewart_Reptiles's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,811 Times in 9,584 Posts
    Blog Entries
    So the thread has been cleaned up now, courtesy of your Maiderator

Since I believe that this thread has ran it's course and doubt anything positive will come out of any future posting, this thread will remain locked.

Enjoy the rest of your day.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 08-01-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    Deborah Stewart

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Stewart_Reptiles For This Useful Post:

+ Show/Hide list of the thanked

andrewross8705 (08-01-2017),ballpythonluvr (08-02-2017),bcr229 (08-01-2017),Craiga 01453 (08-01-2017),dr del (08-01-2017),JodanOrNoDan (08-01-2017),Kira (08-01-2017),mlededee (08-01-2017),PokeyTheNinja (08-01-2017),redshepherd (08-01-2017),shaundouglass135 (08-01-2017),StillBP (08-01-2017),Sunnieskys (08-01-2017),tttaylorrr (08-01-2017),wolfy-hound (08-01-2017)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234