Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,939

2 members and 2,937 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Reptile!

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

Re: New Reptile!

You do realize half of those aren't actual questions. Just because you put a question mark at the end doesn't make it a question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

And before you say anything about them being questions, it was clearly sarcasm in 60% of those.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brandi.caruso View Post
    And before you say anything about them being questions, it was clearly sarcasm in 60% of those.

him and i have interacted on this forum longer than you or your SO have been members. i think i know his intentions more than you do, hence why we all know he was giving his contructive criticism and asking questions. he's a great dude! and he's on vacation right now so he's not here to say all this. trust me, i know him better than you.
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 08-01-2017 at 02:06 PM. Reason: more info
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-01-2017),ladywhipple02 (08-01-2017),PokeyTheNinja (08-01-2017),Sunnieskys (08-01-2017)

Thanks

Harsh language is not appreciated. You want to talk being rude? THAT'S rude. Check the language at the door. It's completely uncalled for, and you've lost a load of respect for it.

Everyone on this forum is telling you it was constructive criticism. Craig is one of the nicest guys on here. He was asking lots of questions. You took it the wrong way which is VERY easy to do on a forum/via text/via email, etc. He clarified and apologized. Others have attempted to clarify. You continue to defend your position. Maybe it's time to walk away from the keyboard for awhile and actually think before you type anything else.

The concerns we have are legitimate. Stick around the forum for a few years and see how many people come and go and change animals every few weeks, and then tell me you wouldn't react with the same concerns.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ladywhipple02 For This Useful Post:

bcr229 (08-01-2017),Craiga 01453 (08-01-2017),JodanOrNoDan (08-01-2017),Kira (08-01-2017),MissterDog (08-01-2017),PokeyTheNinja (08-01-2017),Sunnieskys (08-01-2017),tttaylorrr (08-01-2017),wolfy-hound (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ladywhipple02 View Post
    Harsh language is not appreciated. You want to talk being rude? THAT'S rude. Check the language at the door. It's completely uncalled for, and you've lost a load of respect for it.

Everyone on this forum is telling you it was constructive criticism. Craig is one of the nicest guys on here. He was asking lots of questions. You took it the wrong way which is VERY easy to do on a forum/via text/via email, etc. He clarified and apologized. Others have attempted to clarify. You continue to defend your position. Maybe it's time to walk away from the keyboard for awhile and actually think before you type anything else.

The concerns we have are legitimate. Stick around the forum for a few years and see how many people come and go and change animals every few weeks, and then tell me you wouldn't react with the same concerns.
    couldn't have said this better myself.
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 08-01-2017 at 02:17 PM. Reason: the department of redundancy department
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

Honest constructive criticism wouldn't be viewed as an attack. Reread through some of the wording of the posts made to my girlfriend and see why I have an "attitude". If actual questions were being asked there would be an actual difference from opinionated statements that only judge the choices instead of actually understand the necessity or need behind such.

Quote Originally Posted by LivingDeadGirl View Post
    Actually we know, very well in fact, what constructive criticism is. Maybe some of you guys should take a step back and consider rewording some of the things you said that may have come across as being rude.

Actually I disagree with that, because a lot of what is viewed as "honest constructive criticism" is dependent on how the person chooses to perceive it. Everyone assigns a "tone" to what's being read on the internet, be it consciously or subconsciously. If you or OP are already on the defensive, then it's understandable why you are seeing what everyone is saying as rude while others do not.

I get the impression the two of you are pretty closed off to seeing the interactions in this thread as a potential misunderstanding or a recognized difference of perspective. You're free to think that, but it may be worth considering that maybe some of the people you think are "rude" actually don't have the malicious intend you're trying to assign them. Life is a little less stressful that way
    Last edited by MissterDog; 08-01-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissterDog For This Useful Post:

Kira (08-01-2017),PokeyTheNinja (08-01-2017),wolfy-hound (08-01-2017)

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    Well, I was not going to post today, but I am going to now. Why are people being so direct with the OP? Because the OP needs to hear direct. I was nice with my suggestions yesterday, today I am not feeling that nice.

I suggested yesterday that the snake needed to go to the vet. It obviously didn't because the fecal test wouldn't have come back yet. It is highly likely that the OP's snake was sick. It was not acting very much like a ball python and not gaining weight. Instead of fixing the problem the animal was pawned off on someone else. I work around 70hrs a week, I have a large family to provide for, practice a full martial arts schedule, a home to take care of, and at this time around 100 pythons to take care of. Somehow I have the time...

In my opinion the OP just wants things to be easy and neglected responsibilities for the animal she already had. To dump one and just bring another home into an environment that is very possibly infected is just irresponsible. Maybe I should take back child number three, because the dentist bills are too high. Maybe I should take back child number four because she is difficult? I'm sure this sounds ridiculous to most rational people.

The OP needs more pets like I need another hole in the head.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JodanOrNoDan For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-01-2017),Kira (08-01-2017),MissterDog (08-01-2017),PokeyTheNinja (08-01-2017),Sunnieskys (08-01-2017),tttaylorrr (08-01-2017),wolfy-hound (08-01-2017)

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

The only problem with that is I know what constructive criticism really is become I'm an art major, I've sat through plenty of that and took it like a breeze. And I really could careless if you lot don't like the language, I'm not going to change how I interact because you guys find it oh so offensive.

Reptile Dysfunction
    Thanks

Man, it's killing me. I never realized everyone in the form was a vet. Speechless. Congrats.

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks

To be quite honest, the tank that the gecko is in is NOT the same one as the snake. I swapped that tank for the one my male bp was in, though both tanks have been cleaned. I swapped it because the tank that the gecko is now in has a mini UTH, and the other did not. Either way, we do our research before we jump into getting animals. Getting rid of my snake was something that I did because I thought it was in her best interest. Did I want to re-home her? No. I only did so in order to provide her with a better environment, with someone who knows more about handling and taming snakes than I do. So if everyone would just hop off my case about the snake, it would be appreciative. I thought that I was doing the right thing and quite frankly, that's all that matters to me. I wanted her to have a good home and I didn't just re-home her to the first person who was interested.

What's done is done with the BP. I am solely referencing the new leopard gecko as is clear in my post that you quoted. I can respect that you did what you think is best for the animal. My concern as others have repeatedly stated is that it appears that you went out and picked out a leopard gecko as a consolation prize of sorts. You are thinking about getting more when you've had this new addition for less than 48 hours. These are the things that people see all the time with all types of reptiles, myself included.

So first off, its my leopard gecko. And I have done weeks of research prior to even getting my first ball python. A Leo was going to be my first choice of reptile but I ended up rescuing a starved ball python. That in mind, I know how to take care of him. He has everything he needs and it wasn't just some half assed decision.
    I'm just going to go ahead and get this out of the way now because I don't care if I hurt your feelings. What I care about are the animals, not whether you like my comments or if I hurt your feelings by being honest and direct. If you want respect, you respect others. Coming out of the gate, flailing around and posting the way you are does absolutely nothing to help your case, make us think better of you or solve a single thing.

Your girlfriend asked for tips and advice. People responded accordingly with tips and advice. Neither of you like said advice so you both go on the defense. What's done is done with the BP. I wasn't around for that discussion and have no interest in it. My interest is in the leopard gecko and based on your girlfriend's post along with the picture, raised a number of concerns that were brought up in a polite manner, unlike your posts. I see a picture of what looks like an identical set up if not the same set up as the BP's. A polite response was all that was needed. Nobody is attacking you or your girlfriend so this talk isn't needed.

So first off, its my leopard gecko. And I have done weeks of research prior to even getting my first ball python. A Leo was going to be my first choice of reptile but I ended up rescuing a starved ball python. That in mind, I know how to take care of him. He has everything he needs and it wasn't just some half assed decision. Furthermore, the choice of getting rid of Nagini was something we and others have pondered for a while. My girlfriend had gotten advice and help from many different owners and of breeders. Nothing was helping with her. Since you educated folks weren't around to take witness to her attitude and all around characteristics/health then it's not really for you to speak up on the "just got rid of her for another" And there is a difference from constructive criticism and being a mean. We have two very healthy bps that are spoiled rotten. She was scared of everyone and everything, and we tried everything people could think of to help her. So, she went to a very experienced owner that will keep us updated on her progress and we'll being. So don't make a post about MY new leopard gecko a reason to argue pointless nonsense about reptiles you don't really care about in the first place.
    This is rude. This gets you nowhere, gives a terrible 1st impression to the other members on this forum and you making assumptions is not needed and also inaccurate. As it was mentioned, you would have no views and no replies if people didn't care about your animal. You could have posted in a more polite fashion. I give a lot of flying <blanks> about reptiles that are mine and aren't mine, hence why I work with rescues. People raised concerns over the leopard gecko and your girlfriend said you were both new to leopard geckos so naturally, educated and experienced owners are going to be concerned given the nature of the post.

Actually we know, very well in fact, what constructive criticism is. Maybe some of you guys should take a step back and consider rewording some of the things you said that may have come across as being rude.

The only people that need to reword their posts are you and your girlfriend. We offered advice, constructive criticism and voiced our concerns for the leopard gecko. We didn't voice our concerns just to get a rise out of you. You both handled these replies in a poor and immature fashion which raises even more concerns about how you act towards people in person who offer advice.

Honest constructive criticism wouldn't be viewed as an attack. Reread through some of the wording of the posts made to my girlfriend and see why I have an "attitude". If actual questions were being asked there would be an actual difference from opinionated statements that only judge the choices instead of actually understand the necessity or need behind such.
    Yeah.....I pretty much covered all of that above.
    Last edited by Stewart_Reptiles; 08-01-2017 at 03:12 PM.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to andrewross8705 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (08-01-2017),JodanOrNoDan (08-01-2017),MissterDog (08-01-2017),PokeyTheNinja (08-01-2017),Sunnieskys (08-01-2017)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast