Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,929

3 members and 2,926 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,087
Threads: 248,528
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, FayeZero
    Thanks

Update+Husbandry Question

Update on my boy!! He's a year and 6 months now. Just got a fresh shed from him, I really expected him to brown out quickly but wow, he's staying bright and yellow!! Well, bright for a pet store pickup anyways haa.

http://imgur.com/a/jSlYG
    Nasty cage before clean up, damp rag was in there for humidity and to help get skin off, plus he also likes to soak his cage in piss 5-10 minutes after I clean it. Male bp thing ????

http://imgur.com/a/UcHh6
    After cleanup.

Ok, husbandry question, he keeps rubbing his face on the sides of his tub. Looked it up and most say its a sign of an RI, wiping the mucus away, but he has no RI and no stuck shed either. A sign of hunger? I have hm eating a live or f/t small rat once every two weeks. Took a look inside his mouth, everthing is nice and pink, held him close to my face and no wheezing/popping noises. Temps are good and steady, I am so clueless, his face isn't rubbed raw yet, but he's gettng there.....
    Last edited by PythonBabes; 07-25-2017 at 09:22 AM.
    1.0- Pastel het Pied- Khaa

BPnet Senior Member JodanOrNoDan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,853 Times in 1,575 Posts
    They will all rub from time to time. Rubbing a lot would be rare out of a shed cycle. Also differentiate between rubbing and pushing. Pushing means he wants out for some reason be it looking for food or a girl.

Make sure you do not have mites. You may want to bump the feeding schedule up to weekly to see if that changes his activity.

It always seems they like to pee after cleaning. The girls do it too. Maybe he likes you. LOL. That is step one in the mating ritual. They don't seem like they like to mate unless they are rolling in their own pee.
    Last edited by JodanOrNoDan; 07-25-2017 at 10:00 AM.
    Honest, I only need one more ...

Thanks
    Nope, no mites. I also have to feed him every two weeks or he won't touch the rat.

Hmm...maybe I should get him a girlfriend lol.
    1.0- Pastel het Pied- Khaa