Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,692

3 members and 2,689 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

luecistic with very odd eyes

This is my first time posting, but I have learned a lot reading everbody's posts. Thank you. I have a 3 yr old normal girl and last March I bought a baby ball online. He was supposed to be a BEL. Breeder said so. He was in shed when I got him and his eyes looked blue. After shedding his eyes are clear looking on top (you can see his eye socket ) and cloudy dark gray below. His pupils are red. I did not contact the breeder about this because I am sure he knew what he had and lied to me. Liars just lie some more.The little guy is doing great, his eyesight seems to be very poor. I can't find any photo that looks like his eyes. Anybody ever see anything like this? I can post a photo later. He is working on his shed right now. Btw I love him even if his eyes are weird

Thanks

Re: luecistic with very odd eyes

We have several balls where the eyes are 2 different shades and some that have red pupils. A photo would help a ton

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    If it is a white snake with blue/grey eyes then it is a BluEL. The eyes of BluELs are not solid blue, they have a two-tone effect.
    actagggcagtgatatcctagcattgatggtacatggcaaattaacctcatgat

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I've never heard of a BluEl . He is white, or more of an extremely pale pink. He eats well and seems very healthy. I will post photos as soon as he finishes his shed. He tend to take a while. Right now his eyes look silver.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,186 Times in 695 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza View Post
    Thanks for the info. I've never heard of a BluEl . He is white, or more of an extremely pale pink. He eats well and seems very healthy. I will post photos as soon as he finishes his shed. He tend to take a while. Right now his eyes look silver.
    BluEl is just short for blue eyed lucy(luecistic) vs black eyed Lucy. Helps to differentiate between BEL because obviously both blue or black eyes luecistic could be abbreviated to BEL.

Post a pic either way, I'd love to see what you have and then others will also be able to confirm that you have a normal blue eyed Lucy, there is probably nothing wrong with him.
    Last edited by rufretic; 07-24-2017 at 01:37 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rufretic For This Useful Post:

asplundii (07-25-2017)

Thanks

My little guy had another perfect shed. He is camera shy and I am a little computer challenged, but photos soon. Thanks for info.