Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 730

1 members and 729 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Smile Finally Decided to Get A Pair Of Womas! Yaaay! >8>)

So, I have been wanting to get a pair of Womas ever since I decided to pursue this whole breeding thing and now I can finally cross them off of my list! Unfortunately, I will have to wait until August 8th to pick them up in person at one of the local reptile expos, but i've already waited this long! So, i'm sure i'll be alright! lol Hopefully, I will have better luck getting them to produce good eggs in the future than a lot of the unfortunate people I have read about!

To those of you with experience breeding these guys, please feel free to share all of the experiences you have had (good and bad) and what you have learned about increasing the odds of getting them to lay good eggs! I'm pretty sure I read somewhere a long time ago that temperature drops during the actual incubation period increases the odds of successful incubation with Woma eggs. Have any of you ever heard that before?

Thanks

Re: Finally Decided to Get A Pair Of Womas! Yaaay! >8>)

Quote Originally Posted by Aedryan Methyus View Post
    So, I have been wanting to get a pair of Womas ever since I decided to pursue this whole breeding thing and now I can finally cross them off of my list! Unfortunately, I will have to wait until August 8th to pick them up in person at one of the local reptile expos, but i've already waited this long! So, i'm sure i'll be alright! lol Hopefully, I will have better luck getting them to produce good eggs in the future than a lot of the unfortunate people I have read about!

To those of you with experience breeding these guys, please feel free to share all of the experiences you have had (good and bad) and what you have learned about increasing the odds of getting them to lay good eggs! I'm pretty sure I read somewhere a long time ago that temperature drops during the actual incubation period increases the odds of successful incubation with Woma eggs. Have any of you ever heard that before?
    No experience breeding them. Yet.. but get a hook and be prepared to be bitten. They don't defensive bite either. Always a feeding bite and they always wrap. Aspidites is by and far my favorite though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facebook.com/ToValhallaReptiles
    Instagram.com/ToValhallaReptiles

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BMorrison For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (07-31-2017)

Thanks
    Yes, i've done a lot of research on these guys and they definitely seem to be famous for having a insatiable appetite and a ferocious feeding response. Most people seem to say they are the sweetest, most docile snakes there are once you get them out of their enclosures, though, eh?

Thanks

As mentioned on another thread, my woma is an absolute sweetheart. He's bitten twice: once a friend whose hand smelled like another snake, and once when I startled him, and IIRC it was a feeding day and there was rodent smell in the air. In the first instance it was a quick tag only (and he was pretty small, too). The second bite he held onto my finger for a few seconds, with his eye spots making him look very puzzled, until he realized I was not-food and let go.

His feed response is good, but not crazy - he actually smells his food before striking; but then he strikes and coils with enthusiam. Very similar to my morelia.

0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Prognathodon For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (08-01-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aedryan Methyus View Post
    Yes, i've done a lot of research on these guys and they definitely seem to be famous for having a insatiable appetite and a ferocious feeding response. Most people seem to say they are the sweetest, most docile snakes there are once you get them out of their enclosures, though, eh?
    There typically very sweet. But they're curious about everything and if you work with Aspidites just assume at some point you're taking a bite hahaha they're absolutely incredible though. Great to handle 95% of the time.

Facebook.com/ToValhallaReptiles
    Instagram.com/ToValhallaReptiles

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BMorrison For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (08-01-2017)

Thanks
    I've seen videos of people getting bit and wrapped by adult Womas (and baby ones, too)... It looks pretty horrifying to me, but they're always laughing about it in the videos... I think I would rather get bit by a Woma than one of my Bloods, though...

Thanks
    So, I picked these little cuties up on Sunday. They are absolutely adorable! I will take some pictures to share with you guys once they're all settled in. Needless to say, both of these little stinkers ate without any hesitation the very next day after I got them! lol

Thanks
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 775 Posts
    Congrats! Pictures please please!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RickyNY For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (08-09-2017)

Thanks

Thumbs up

I have to say, I have fallen in love with these little cuties! I have completely broken the whole "settle in period" rule with these guys, because I can't keep my hands off of them! lol So far, they have been the sweetest and most adorable little curious snakes ever...

Here is just a couple quick low quality photos of them from earlier today:

Sheila: Named Sheila, because Australians traditionally refer to girls as, "Sheilas"...

Steve-O: Named Steve-O, because that is a popular male nickname given to guys named Steve in Australia...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Aedryan Methyus For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (08-12-2017)

Thanks
    My girl was a sweetheart when I first got her too. Then she started putting on size and became a monster. I am working hard to get her to tame down. Well she isnt aggressive just hungry all the time.
    I almost named her Sheila as well, like your names. I went with Kharma.
    So far Ive only taken one bite, but I use a hook and have to constantly redirect her head or she will stuff it into me and bite down. The thing I love is she is super aware of her surroundings, watching people that walk by etc.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miranda2 For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (08-12-2017),Zincubus (08-12-2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast