Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,042

3 members and 3,039 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,490
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks

Re: Finally Decided to Get A Pair Of Womas! Yaaay! >8>)

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda2 View Post
    My girl was a sweetheart when I first got her too. Then she started putting on size and became a monster. I am working hard to get her to tame down. Well she isnt aggressive just hungry all the time.
    I almost named her Sheila as well, like your names. I went with Kharma.
    So far Ive only taken one bite, but I use a hook and have to constantly redirect her head or she will stuff it into me and bite down. The thing I love is she is super aware of her surroundings, watching people that walk by etc.
    As I mentioned, these two ate the very next day after I got them home. Sheila had dropped the fuzzy when she struck snatched it from me, so I reached in with my pliers to grab it and the little stinker quickly charged straight at me... lol Steve-O had dropped his as well and when I went to pick it back up he followed my pliers right to the fuzzy and immediately started eating it... lol Both instances were sooo damn cute! But, yeah... These guys are definitely ravenous eaters for sure!

I know you've already talked about yours in another thread and probably already answered this, but are you sure you're feeding her enough (and large enough prey)? Up until last Sunday when I got these guys I hadn't had any personal experience with Womas at all. But, all of the videos i've watched on Youtube of people handling theirs don't seem to have that problem and a lot of them have said how once you have them out of their enclosures you would have to try really hard to get them to bite. After reading your post about your girl prior to getting my Womas, I have just made it a habit to use hand sanitizer before handling them to make sure nothing that smells like food could be on my hands. Have you tried that? Maybe try handling her more often? Just a couple thoughts...

Thanks
    Also, maybe try talking to her with an Australian accent like I do mine... lol

Thanks
    Aedrean I have tried getting smells off my hands but frankly I think its more movement that sets her off. She wraps my arm and if I even twitch she tightens up and starts tail waggling. I tried the vinegar on my hands,arms and always use purell.
    I have started handling her more often, im sure that might be some of it.I was starting to get scared of her and finding excuses not to take her out, but decided to man up and do it.

I think she is eating enough, she has recently put on alot of size so maybe its time to bump up the food too.
    Last edited by Miranda2; 08-12-2017 at 09:04 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Miranda2 For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (08-12-2017)

Thanks
    Hopefully you'll get her figured out, Miranda. They're such beautiful creatures. It would really suck to not be able to enjoy her. I know how frustrating it is, because i'm realizing that about half of my Bloods, Sumatrans and Borneos are moody and unpredictable as hell. For some reason it seems to be my males, all of which were previously total sweethearts. I'm really hoping that will pass as they mature, because those guys are going to pack punishing bites as adults, which I don't care to endure...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12