Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,688

0 members and 1,688 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Thanks

Question Strange Sudden Drastic Change In Marble Borneo's Disposition?

I have had a gorgeous pair of 2016 Marble Borneos since May 25th. Both have never been anything but perfect, docile angels. I handle them pretty much every day and their dispositions have always been just as sweet as could be. However, ever since their last feeding this past Monday the male has been acting completely schizo all of the sudden! When I pull his tub out and touch him with my snake hook he immediately gets totally defensive and "flinchy" and throws his body around then he will just lay there tensed up and sorta twitching for a minute. When I touch him with the hook again the same thing happens... So, I have just not taken him out for the past couple of days. The only thing that has changed in my husbandry is, Monday was their second feeding since I increased the size of their prey items 2 weeks ago. Do you guys have any idea what could be going on with this previously sweet little fella? Did he just decide to start putting on a big show or should I be concerned that something might be wrong with him?

BPnet Senior Member GoingPostal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,666 Times in 723 Posts
    Maybe going into shed? Temps not too hot are they? Sometimes they just have grumpy times too, maybe overhandling?

2.0 Python brongersmai
    1.1 Python breitensteini
    1.0 Python curtus
    1.0.1 Python regius
    1.0 Acrantophis dumerili
    1.0 Boa constrictor
    0.1 Heterodon nasiscus nasiscus
    0.0.1 Pantherophis guttatus

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GoingPostal For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (07-21-2017)

Thanks

Re: Strange Sudden Drastic Change In Marble Borneo's Disposition?

My two year old male who was raised by me has got a bad attitude, The Sarge is living up to his name My male Blood Maxwell is a sweetheart go figure.

Sent from my LG-V930 using Tapatalk
    Lady Mkrj58

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lady mkrj58 For This Useful Post:

Aedryan Methyus (07-21-2017)

Thanks

Re: Strange Sudden Drastic Change In Marble Borneo's Disposition?

Quote Originally Posted by GoingPostal View Post
    Maybe going into shed? Temps not too hot are they? Sometimes they just have grumpy times too, maybe overhandling?
    Nope... He just shed about a week and a half ago and had a nice full even shed. His temps are 80 - 81 on the hot side just as they've been (maybe 83 - 84 inside of his hide when he's in there). I just can't get over the sudden change in him. He has been one of my sweetest and calmest snakes. Now, he is just acting completely irritated and miserable like something is bothering him...

Thanks
    This previously sweet, lovable boy still has a rotten attitude and is still acting completely miserable. Temps and humidity are still spot on and he has still never missed a meal. He looks perfectly healthy and just had another perfect, full shed. I'm just baffled by how his disposition completely changed overnight the way it did. If anything, some of these guys seem to start off with a rotten attitude until after their settling in period then they chill out. This is the only one of mine that started out sweet as can be then turned evil. I really want to get back to being able to handle this boy on a regular basis and take some pictures of him, but he isn't even handle-able the way he's acting...