Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 659

1 members and 658 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Chester B

Anti-Thread Necro Patrol
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,230 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries

RIP Chester B

I usually don't get bothered by celebrity deaths. But Linkin Park is one of my all time favorite bands.

I don't understand stuff like this. He had everything. A successful music career. Fame, fortune, family, and friends. He leaves behind 6 kids.

I just don't get it. Still kinda in shock. Had to check multiple sites just to make sure it wasn't a hoax.

Nothing is worth killing yourself folks. Nothing
    - Mason

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MasonC2K For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (07-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts
    you just broke the news to me...i'm almost in tears here at work. his poor family...this is so sad. he did a tribute to chris cornell...

they were going to be in chicago next week.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts
    just want to add before this thread continues:
    if you or someone you know is suicidal or in need of emotional support please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.
    Last edited by tttaylorrr; 07-20-2017 at 03:25 PM.
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (07-21-2017),Craiga 01453 (07-20-2017),DLena (07-21-2017),Reinz (07-20-2017),Sunnieskys (07-20-2017)

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    So sad. Just got home from a long day at work, hot day in the kitchen. But.... I am so happy to be where I'm at today. I'm happy to be alive and grateful for every day. That's two of my favorite vocalists of all time, both so amazing live in concert too. Just goes to show, nobody is immune to depression and suffering. Not only can it control people's lives, it can make somebody take their own life...

If you don't know the song, give the LP song "Leave Out All the Rest" a listen.

R.I.P. Chester
    Thank you for giving the world the gift of your music, you will live on through it

P.S. For those who struggle every day, keep your head up, it can get better.
    For those who know somebody who is suffering, never give up on them, they need you more than you know.
    Last edited by Craiga 01453; 07-20-2017 at 09:48 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (07-21-2017),tttaylorrr (07-20-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

Re: RIP Chester B

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    just want to add before this thread continues:
    if you or someone you know is suicidal or in need of emotional support please contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255.

Awesome idea!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (07-20-2017)

BPnet Veteran
    Thanks
    And there's no shame in getting help. Medication doesn't change you, it gives you back to yourself.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DLena For This Useful Post:

AbsoluteApril (07-21-2017),Craiga 01453 (07-21-2017),ladywhipple02 (07-21-2017)

Thanks
    I came to the off-topic cafe today to talk about some feels I'm having right now, but then I saw this post and since it's related I'm just posting here. I found out about Chester about 45 minutes after the news stories were posted online. Linkin Park has been one of my favorite groups for over 10 years now, and I always felt really connected to their music. I like how it evolved with me, first as an angsty teenager and then later as they mellowed out. Out of the various Pandora stations I have, I listen to my Linkin Park one the most. I'm listening to it right now. But when Heavy came on just a few songs ago it really hit me. I've heard the song dozens of times at least, but this specific time it just overwhelmed me. People ask how he could do it, or why, but it's not hard to understand if you really listen to his songs. I'm sure a lot of people can understand. Linkin Park is easy to connect with, especially for people that have those kinds of feeling. People that are depressed, or anxious, or just don't feel like they are good enough.

Normally at this point I'd apologize for killing the mood, but given the topic of the thread i don't feel that it's necessary.
    1.0 Normal (Emrys)
    0.1 Fire (Calypso)
    0.1 Pied (Tessa)
    0.1 Albino Kingsnake (Nienna)
    2.1 Cats (Suki, Daisuke, and Kyo)
    0.0.2 Leopard Geckos (Chi and Pixel)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Meerna For This Useful Post:

tttaylorrr (07-22-2017)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meerna View Post
    I came to the off-topic cafe today to talk about some feels I'm having right now, but then I saw this post and since it's related I'm just posting here. I found out about Chester about 45 minutes after the news stories were posted online. Linkin Park has been one of my favorite groups for over 10 years now, and I always felt really connected to their music. I like how it evolved with me, first as an angsty teenager and then later as they mellowed out. Out of the various Pandora stations I have, I listen to my Linkin Park one the most. I'm listening to it right now. But when Heavy came on just a few songs ago it really hit me. I've heard the song dozens of times at least, but this specific time it just overwhelmed me. People ask how he could do it, or why, but it's not hard to understand if you really listen to his songs. I'm sure a lot of people can understand. Linkin Park is easy to connect with, especially for people that have those kinds of feeling. People that are depressed, or anxious, or just don't feel like they are good enough.

Normally at this point I'd apologize for killing the mood, but given the topic of the thread i don't feel that it's necessary.

You never have to apologize for your feelings. Sometimes, just letting it out makes all the difference in the world. I was a fan as well, but primarily of Chester himself. I don't love the more rap-influenced lyrical style of Mike Shinoda, but Chester's voice was so powerful. Not just in his ability to really belt, but in his subtlety as well. Those who know his history, or even just his lyrics, I'm sure can understand he was in pain.

I've seen a LOT of concerts and was lucky enough to catch both Chester live with LP and Chris Cornell live with Audioslave, two of the greatest live vocalists of this generation, in my opinion...both gone too soon.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Meerna (07-22-2017),tttaylorrr (07-22-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,152 Times in 3,380 Posts

it's a hard fact but i believe depression to be a terminable disease for some. you can get treatment and don't stop supporting your loved ones but the outcome is still a lot of times fatal. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by tttaylorrr View Post
    you just broke the news to me...i'm almost in tears here at work. his poor family...this is so sad. he did a tribute to chris cornell...
    he took his life on Chris Cornell's birthdate. they became close friends over the years and i'm sure the date was a significant trigger. i also know that Scott Weiland passing 1.5 years ago or so weighed heavily on him. he looked up to Weiland and got to live a dream and sing for STP for awhile. i had some friends who were down in the dumps with this loss. thank u and RIP Chester Be.
    RIP Mamba
    ----------------

Wicked ones now on IG & FB!6292

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ax01 For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-24-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,864 Times in 1,497 Posts

It saddens me greatly that some of the most talented individuals aren't able to escape the grip of depression. Chester B was another unique vocalist lost. When you look at the individuals that came out of the Seattle scene alone, we have had some of the most inspirational artists and incredible vocalists taken by depression. Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Scott Wieland, and Chris Cornell, all lost to suicide or overdose. I believe the overdose is still suicidal at its roots. My favorite of them is Alice in Chains who was the inspiration for my youngest daughter's name, Allison Layne.
    Not even one of the greatest comedic minds of our time could control the impulse to end the suffering. When you think of Robin Williams your first thought is hilarity not depression. And yet, he too took his own life despite all of the laughter. Wish I had answers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast