Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,595

0 members and 2,595 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

Ziggy31984 (40)

» Stats

Members: 75,014
Threads: 248,474
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, DetectiveIcarus

Thread: My kIDS

Thanks

My kIDS

i HAVE TOO MANY KIDS

Okay but first, I'm gonna find a pic of Midnight in my phone because she's the one I can remember. If I deleted it I'm jumping out my window. But first I'm gonna try to remember all of them.

The first ones I remember were Cookie, Cream, I think Cocoa or Oreo, and I think snowball or something. Cream was a HUGE, grey cat and she was the fluffiest cat I've ever owned. I'm determined to get a kitten just like her if I can talk my gm into it She wasn't a person cat but she was definitely beautiful. If I remember right, she had white paws and a white chest. I think I was 3, 5 or something in that area. They weren't there about when I lost Priscilla so it HAD to be before I was 7 or something. My years are so jumbled that I never can remember when things happened. Cookie was I think a brown tabby. I can't remember much about him or the others sadly because it's been so long.

I was I wanna say in probably 3rd grade when I had this one. It wasn't even mine though she acted like she was. I came home from school one afternoon and this brown calico (she had multiple shades of brown rather than normal orange, black, white etc.) just bolted up to me and rubbed against my leg. Me being a HUGE cat lover, I fell in love despite being confused. So I bust into the house like "MOM CAN I KEEP IT" even though typically strays don't leave here because we take care of them (there are tons of dogs in our neighborhood and I prefer to keep them here rather than having to find out they were killed by dogs). So this cat I named Kitty was the. most. affection. cat. I remember one night I was in the camper where my mom was staying and I was watching a movie with her.

Not too long after her, I heard something outside so I went out and it was clearly a kitten and I was looking everywhere, mewing back at it, and soon enough I found a kitten stuck under the trailer. I took that cat and lets just say I got in trouble for having a cat inside the house. :o I named her Mitty to rhyme with Kitty. I remember clearly one night I brought her into the camper and we watched White Fang (it's a movie about this white wolf that a boy rescued from a dog fight because he was seriously injured (they had to use a crowbar to pry the other dog off of him) and he took care of it despite his dad not wanting it around and after the wolf got a chicken off of the roof of the hen house (I think she was stuck) and brought her down onto the ground while the boy was like "FANG NO", the dad just "it can stay in the shed." So after the man who owned Fang and put him into those fights tried to take the dog back, he was aggressive towards him so the man was gonna murder the family and the man was about to hit the dad over the head with a crowbar and Fang BROKE A CHAIN (I'm not surprised. I'll make a thread about my dogs and you'll know why) and full on busted through the window and pinned the guy down and after that, the dad let him stay.). I don't know why I typed that either. But back to the point, we both ended up falling asleep and my mom came in and got mad.
    Both of them disappeared and I think that our neighbor from that time who had two boxers was why because they let their dogs run around without leashes and they would always come and kill our hens and I think that's what happened to Mitty. Kitty I believe just ran off back to where she previously lived but whatever happened, she's either in a better place or back at home.

We've had numerous black cats that I won't even try to list but they were nothing besides "Midnight" "Shadow" "Smokey" and "Onyx". Midnight was the MOST used name for us.

But my mom brought home a beautiful Russian Blue and it was more grey than the blue-grey that they normally are but she was still a very nice cat. I don't remember anything about her because I think she escaped or something.

I don't remember any others from then on so I'll get on with Midnight.

Midnight was pretty old actually. She was Diamond's mother, and had quite a few litters if I remember right. She was a solid black cat but I remember distinct white strands of fur. Guess that little myth was actually true
    Turns out I do have pictures of her!

I can't remember who the black kitten was. I think she ran was killed by our wolfdog but I don't know for a fact what happened to her (that was probably a boy I just have a habit of saying she and her).

Back on April 15 of 2016 she was hit by a car. She was pregnant at that time too and it's pretty upsetting. But of course she was a black cat crossing the road at night so it was probably hard to see her. Since she was in the middle of the road they might have tried to swerve and either go OVER her or miss her but she may have bolted and just got hit anyway. But at the time I was blaming the driver because it wasn't even 10 minutes before I found her that someone was driving slowly down the road then just took off once they got to our house. I don't wanna blame anyone but anger does that :I

Anyway

Diamond is probably 3 years old I guess. I dont' know for sure. She has the look of a siamese so we think she could possibly be one but I don't know. She has had about three maybe 4 litters so far, the first being Meulin, then Cocoa, then her current litter and I remember some kittens out back but I think those were the ones that Isis got ahold of actually.

Meulin was one of three kittens we had I think (still not sure who the black one is). There was a kitten just like Meulin and we named her Wishbone because she had a wishbone shape on her forehead. I don't even know what happened to her. Meulin should be almost 2 or 3 years old now.

Cocoa was born not too long after Midnight was killed. She's a solid black cat and is very affectionate. She was hit by a car one morning (broad daylight) and it broke the tip of her tail and her right hip. She's fine and healed completely now and has three kittens. Her sister Blackie is a skittish girl. Her frame is thinner than Cocoa (mainly her face) so that's how I can tell them apart. She has this weird habit of sticking her tongue out randomly and she looks like that one horse from Adventure Time that had "poo brain"

Cocoa with her three kittens (if you look at her right leg you can kinda see how it's kinda shaped weird from being hit)

Cocoa is up front and Blackie is hiding. You can see that her eyes are wide open and they've never actually lost that. The side of her face is flat, while Cocoa, you can kinda see the rounded area (at least I can because she's my cat :p)

Blackie; her face had a weird bulge in the side which went away but I have no idea what that was about?? She has a thinner/smaller frame compared to Cocoa and just generally seems to be thinner.

Cocoa's kittens are pretty nice. Cookie doesn't really like being touched though. I think Cookie is a boy, and the other two are girls. Callie is the runt of the group and had matted eyes which I was cleaning with wet cloths and then she got a respiratory infection so I had to bring her in the house and despite her using the bathroom in the floor (not to mention in the floor right next to the box and she was in fact taught by her mother how to use dirt???), I loved having her inside. Snowball looks identical to Diamond when she was a kitten. She's really affectionate and also shedding a lot. Common thing in their family.

Cookie (left), Snowball (middle), Callie (being smothered), and Cocoa (obviously the mother)

Better pic of Snow

Callie doesn't even care about my birds which is really surprising. I thought for sure she was gonna attack them but she just laid down and went to sleep and the entire time I had her in the house, she didn't care about them. I was still very cautious and kept an eye on her. Never gonna take chances with my babies.

But really she doesn't even care...

and it better stay that way...

front view

She didn't feel good at all when she had that infection.

lil paw

And it got pretty bad until I found a suggestion and then bam

back to normal

she fell asleep

and again

Now Blackie's litter kinda disappeared. The two missing had something wrong with them and Oreo had a huge spot on her neck that was furless and I thought she'd gotten attacked and it scared me the first time I saw it and I ended up dropping her because I thought it was like some infection or something but it wasn't as bad as I actually thought.

Marshmallow (male; white), Chocolate (not sure; black), and Oreo (girl, black and white one)
    Funny how you have a white kitten, a black kitten, and then one with both.

Here you can see how bad Marshie's eyes were. I couldn't even get them clean and I don't know what happened to him and Oreo. They just up and disappeared.

Diamond recently had her litter (which I initially thought she had one since she got thin again but I guess we were wrong) but I don't have any pictures of them on my phone. She has one just like Callie that has heterochromia which is AMAZING because she has a brown eye and a blue eye. She has a solid white one who has beautiful bright blue eyes just like her. The last one is white with black spots which is in the picture below and I'm afraid to touch them because they hiss, spat and claw at you and yeah that's Diamond's mom's traits right there. She was an evil devil when she was a kitten.

You can see her black tail here

That's all the pics I have of the cats

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rezizizizi For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (07-17-2017),tttaylorrr (07-17-2017)

Thanks

Re: My kIDS

What just happened here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    What do you mean?

BPnet Senior Member AbsoluteApril's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,605 Times in 1,296 Posts
    vI take it you must live on a farm or a rural area?

I don't know. The kittens with the eye infections, cats getting hit by cars and killed by dogs, it was all making me so very sad.
    Most areas/counties have spay/neuter programs to help pay the cost for dogs/cats to get fixed. I would hope you would consider getting the cats fixed. There are so many unwanted kittens in the world already.

Staphylococcus spp. bacteria, or Streptococcus spp. bacteria are usually responsible for eye infections in kittens and it can be highly contagious.
    I am glad Callie is going better.
    For the Horde!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AbsoluteApril For This Useful Post:

Craiga 01453 (07-17-2017)

Thanks
    Actually no! I live out in the country area. There's actually a state park 2 miles out from here.

Well out here, people just don't even pay attention and it's really sad to think that they do that too. I brought Cal in because of the infection and I didn't take her back outside until she was better.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

Re: My kIDS

this is an amazing yet ironic post and i love everything about it. i feel like this was a wild ride from start to finish.

10/10 quality post
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

Booper (07-18-2017)