Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,772

0 members and 1,772 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from AR

Thanks

Hello from AR

First of all, I don't even own a snake but I love them to death.

My name (actually a middle name) is Ashley, but my online friends call me Rezi. I am just a little too obsessed with birds, snakes, lizards, cats and fish. I own three budgies (Lemon and Bud (males) and Sam (female)) and 13 cats. I've owned in the past five other birds (3 cockatiels and 1 budgie), two lizards that were actually my brother's (water dragons), five glofish, 2 bettas, 1 minnow i kidnapped from the lake but dont tell anyone, 4 hamsters, 12 dogs that I remember (1 wolf, 1 wolf-german shepherd, 1 Pekineses, 1 pomeranian, 3 chihuahuas, 2 chihuahua-terriers, 1 lab retriever, I think Ginger was a golden retriever, and 1 Shih Tzu), 20 other cats, 1 guinea pig, 1 goat that rammed me, 2 horses, about 5 sugar gliders, 5 to 7 rabbits, 2 turtles, 1 deer, 1 platy and I think that's it.

My obsession with snakes comes from several years ago. I think it started when my mom brought a king snake to the house to show us how long he was. I've seen a blue racer, rat snake, and I think a mamba but I'm not too sure if it was one. I've never had the chance to actually touch a snake because my grandmother (who I live with but refer to as mother since she raised me) is TERRIFIED of snakes.

My favorite snake isn't even a ball python, but actually the Eyelash, gaboon, bush, and desert horned vipers. I love how round the ball python's face is and it's really cute actually. I actually want one, but then I have birds, so I don't know if I really wanna risk that (not like I'd have my birds near a snake). I've learned that Callie one of the kittens, isn't even interested in the birds, since I had to bring her inside to take care of a respiratory infection, but you never can be positive since they can always surprise you.

But yeah that's basically all I'm gonna put here to keep from going on for seven years. Looking forward to seeing your spaghetti noodles :p

Thanks

Re: Hello from AR

Quote Originally Posted by Rezizizizi View Post
    First of all, I don't even own a snake but I love them to death.

My name (actually a middle name) is Ashley, but my online friends call me Rezi. I am just a little too obsessed with birds, snakes, lizards, cats and fish. I own three budgies (Lemon and Bud (males) and Sam (female)) and 13 cats. I've owned in the past five other birds (3 cockatiels and 1 budgie), two lizards that were actually my brother's (water dragons), five glofish, 2 bettas, 1 minnow i kidnapped from the lake but dont tell anyone, 4 hamsters, 12 dogs that I remember (1 wolf, 1 wolf-german shepherd, 1 Pekineses, 1 pomeranian, 3 chihuahuas, 2 chihuahua-terriers, 1 lab retriever, I think Ginger was a golden retriever, and 1 Shih Tzu), 20 other cats, 1 guinea pig, 1 goat that rammed me, 2 horses, about 5 sugar gliders, 5 to 7 rabbits, 2 turtles, 1 deer, 1 platy and I think that's it.

My obsession with snakes comes from several years ago. I think it started when my mom brought a king snake to the house to show us how long he was. I've seen a blue racer, rat snake, and I think a mamba but I'm not too sure if it was one. I've never had the chance to actually touch a snake because my grandmother (who I live with but refer to as mother since she raised me) is TERRIFIED of snakes.

My favorite snake isn't even a ball python, but actually the Eyelash, gaboon, bush, and desert horned vipers. I love how round the ball python's face is and it's really cute actually. I actually want one, but then I have birds, so I don't know if I really wanna risk that (not like I'd have my birds near a snake). I've learned that Callie one of the kittens, isn't even interested in the birds, since I had to bring her inside to take care of a respiratory infection, but you never can be positive since they can always surprise you.

But yeah that's basically all I'm gonna put here to keep from going on for seven years. Looking forward to seeing your spaghetti noodles :p

thats a lot of animals....

Thanks
    Honestly, I know. If I had them all at once, then I don't know what I'd do. The only reason why we have 13 cats right now is because of our three females being pregnant at the same time.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts
    That is a crapload of animals!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by craigafrechette View Post
    That is a crapload of animals!!!!!!!!
    I know And here I am wanting to get a freshwater aquarium

Banned
    Thanks

If it was completely up to me I would be rehoming my fish from at least one tank, maybe both. I've been keeping fish for years, and since getting back into keeping snakes I want to add more snakes...but, the girl loves the fish (she never had any before meeting me) and is surprised by the Oscars personalities. So my tanks aren't going anywhere... I'd just rather focus the time I spend on the fish on new snakes

Thanks
    I wonder what part of AR you're from? If I listed every pet I remembered having I'd have a list almost as impressive as yours lol. And almost as diverse.
    1.0 Normal (Emrys)
    0.1 Fire (Calypso)
    0.1 Pied (Tessa)
    0.1 Albino Kingsnake (Nienna)
    2.1 Cats (Suki, Daisuke, and Kyo)
    0.0.2 Leopard Geckos (Chi and Pixel)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,897 Times in 2,992 Posts

Hello from AR

Welcome !!!

Don't worry ...

I've got 21 snakes , a tankful of Lake Malawi cichlids , a Paradise fish , a Read fish ( looks more like a snake than a fish ) and an Italian Greyhound

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Zincubus; 07-15-2017 at 10:09 AM.

Thanks

craig - Sounds pretty cool I would love to have a really nice morph but with my birds, my gm being afraid of them and not having a very big room (which needs to be cleaned too but ) I don't think I could fit one in. But snakes don't really take up much space either I don't think but you know. Not very many places to put one either. I'm still working on fitting my three birds in.

Once you get one, you wanna get more though. That's how I am with birds.

Meerna: I'm in the northeast! I've always loved animals so I'm probably gonna have a million of them by the time I'm 50!

Zinc - That's a lot! Are they all pythons or do you have others? I honestly would personally look into an eyelash viper but 1. they're venomous 2. I would be the one to get bitten no doubt because I'm a klutz and 3. my gm would shoot me if I even DARED to ask her for a venomous snake. But she's saying "No." to all of them! But I'm okay with just cats, birds, and fish!

Banned
    Thanks

craig - Sounds pretty cool I would love to have a really nice morph but with my birds, my gm being afraid of them and not having a very big room (which needs to be cleaned too but ) I don't think I could fit one in. But snakes don't really take up much space either I don't think but you know. Not very many places to put one either. I'm still working on fitting my three birds in.

Once you get one, you wanna get more though. That's how I am with birds.

Meerna: I'm in the northeast! I've always loved animals so I'm probably gonna have a million of them by the time I'm 50!

Zinc - That's a lot! Are they all pythons or do you have others? I honestly would personally look into an eyelash viper but 1. they're venomous 2. I would be the one to get bitten no doubt because I'm a klutz and 3. my gm would shoot me if I even DARED to ask her for a venomous snake. But she's saying "No." to all of them! But I'm okay with just cats, birds, and fish!

Eyelash vipers are gorgeous, but DEFINITELY NOT a snake for a first time snake keeper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast