Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 821

1 members and 820 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,077
Threads: 248,523
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
    Banned
    Thanks

Newish 8' coastal. We start with one pic, many more tonight, 2 identical cages merge

Newish 8' coastal. We start with one pic, many more tonight, 2 identical cages merge into 1. Subscribe I'm bringin the OC.

I'm aware she is an ugly duckling but Americanized standards for carpets have set the bar so yellow. Building, or more merging 2 cages has begun so start with advice as soon as those pics begin today as well.

She is almost EXACTLY 8' at 3 yrs. Random impulse buy to rebuild the collection................... Welp I cant post attachments. brb

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Godfather For This Useful Post:

Gio (07-09-2017),Reinz (07-09-2017),rock (07-09-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,602 Times in 3,139 Posts

Newish 8' coastal. We start with one pic, many more tonight, 2 identical cages merge

I think you have a good looking CCP, nice size and color.

The yellows are more desirable in the Jungles and various morphs. I'm not familiar with yellows in the Coastals.

My three Coastals are distinctively different from one another, yet similar.

My oldest, Lizzy, has a lot of white along with the gray and black. I think that she is the prettiest.

Lizzy

Mack and Etta (siblings) started out as Carmel colors. Mack's Carmel turned to gray and black. While Etta is still Carmel, but darker.

Etta when here Carmel color was lighter

Mack after the Carmel turned Gray and Black

As far as caging, Mack and Lizzy are 7.5-8 feet so they are in 6 ft cages that are 18 inches high and 30 deep. They were in 4x2x2 cages which would still work for them, but they just appeared a tad cramped. I would prefer 2 feet in height for them, but I got a good deal on these cages on the used market though they were new. But there appears to be plenty of room.

6 foot cages

Lizzy seemed a bit cramped in her 4 foot cage.

Etta is only 6.5 + feet, so the 4 foot cage is still fine for her.

Etta in her 4 foot cage

Good luck with your project. And your Coastal is FAR from an ugly duckling.
    Last edited by Reinz; 07-09-2017 at 03:50 AM.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

1.2 Coastal Carpet Pythons
    Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    1.1 Jungle Carpet Pythons
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012
    2.0 Common BI Boas, Punch, 2005; Butch, age?
    0.1 Normal Ball Python, Elvira, 2001
    0.1 Olive (Aussie) Python, Olivia, 2017

Please excuse the spelling in my posts. Auto-Correct is my worst enema.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Gio (07-09-2017),rock (07-09-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,984 Posts
    Looks great.

I have a coastal with some yellows though they are fading and she looks more coastal these days. She's a mutt but I love her. Close to 8' as well.

I'd show a picture but it appears Photobucket has changed their policy requiring an upgrade and payment for the upgrade to post pictures.

I'm not really on board with that right now.

Keep the updates coming.

Thanks

Here's some photos of Jewel, Gio's CCP. I think she is a great looking snake!

Last edited by Reinz; 07-09-2017 at 06:09 PM.
    The one thing I found that you can count on about Balls is that they are consistent about their inconsistentcy.

Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reinz For This Useful Post:

Gio (07-10-2017),rock (07-09-2017)

Thanks

Oops, sorry for duplicate photo. I meant to post this one.

Last edited by Reinz; 07-09-2017 at 06:31 PM.

Mack The Knife, 2013
    Lizzy, 2010
    Etta, 2013
    Esmarelda , 2014
    Sundance, 2012

Banned
    Thanks
    When I said yellows I was more referring to public perception as a whole not acknowledging the separate subspecies. I've been put on a "work stop" order with construction. So far they are mostly merged and what used to be their top and bottom is being cut out to make it arboreal. A basic shell was built for appearance at the seams and stability. The fronts were both framed sliding plexi glass. And unfortunately we lose time to fixing settling and sagging in the middle and squaring all angles. The final one will be extremely rugged as a result of the double shell, 2x4s, and others supports. The idea came to me because it was too obvious. They were identical and sat perfectly on top of each other so all that was needed was to cut a hole for an arboreal cage right? I managed to make it more complicated and time consuming along the way but all the wood was free and going to be burned despite being new and unused.

I got a lot of flag stone for free, and example pic below, I wish to somehow use in there. I know I'll build her a cave and another piece of stone will make a landing for her to ascend or curl up on. Heating is a worry. Because a heat pad killed my precious baby I bought the month I founded this site I'll never use one again. Ideas? I was considering a two tier drop down lamp system, the lower bulb being enough to keep it from getting as cold as room temp gets here in the winters. Water dish is gonna need to be big, it's her favorite place. So unlike anything else I've ever done we're gonna be building the Jacuzzi above 50% height. I'd like it to appear stone or something natural. Ideas? It'll be heavy so supports for it can be designed as branches. I can't work this idea out in my head because I got no clue what I'm using for her dish. Really need ideas guys.

Vents are small, circular, plastic. Discrete. I'll post a pic, owned a ton of them for 15 years.

Background. Probably going to go with a nice jungle wrap for a good decor piece, with a timed white light. Cause it might look like crap in this phase but MythBusters proved a turd could be polished. Exterior, plywood won't do, if it comes out nice enough it could end up as a display piece where visitors can see. Kinda like aquariums are so beautiful, especially a good one, arboreal cages are the most beautiful things you can add. An expertly done green tree python display is my end goal. Practicing here.

There's really a lot of making it up as I got. Here's some more pics. I promise a lot more progress tomorrow. And I promise people with real carpentry skill will be doing the polishing and fine tuning.

It seems as of now only a few pics I took made the journey, I'll sort that out tomorrow.

My next installments will be shorter but with more pics showing it step by step. If people end up liking this we'll do a DIY cage with board PVC.

Flagstone

I learned to never let her climb.

Thanks

Re: Newish 8' coastal. We start with one pic, many more tonight, 2 identical cages me

Welcome back Godfather! Nice to see you around.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    Thanked 5,492 Times in 2,686 Posts

Re: Newish 8' coastal. We start with one pic, many more tonight, 2 identical cages me

Nice lookin CCP! I was initially seduced by the bright yellows and blacks of JCPs as well but as I've gotten more into carpets the wild type specimens are just as, if not more attractive to me. I'll be happy when my guys get big like that.
    3.0 Carpet Pythons, 1.1 Bullsnakes
    1.0 Olive Python 1.0 Scrub Python,
    1.0 BI, 0.1 BCO

12. The Following User Says Thank You to EL-Ziggy For This Useful Post:

Gio (07-11-2017)

Thanks

My JCP is in a 3' tall AP enclosure heated with a RHP. I might add a second one come fall, but he seemed to do fine last winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    0.4 BPs, 0.1 Antaresia, 2.1 Morelia, 0.0.1 Liasis, 1.0 Aspidites, 0.1 Blood, 1.1 Kings, 2.0 Milks, 1.2 Corns, 2.0 Ratsnakes, 0.1 Hognose, 1.0 RTB, 2.1 KSBs, 1.0 Tortoise, 1.0 Skink, 3.0 dogs, 2.1 Human serfs

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Prognathodon For This Useful Post:

Gio (07-11-2017)