Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,936

2 members and 2,934 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable
    Thanks

Question Is my BP a normal?

I wanted to know if my ball python is a normal. I got her from a petsmart (bad idea I know) and they knew nothing about her! Thankfully she's healthy. I've had people show me their pastels and she looks exactly like them but slightly duller. I didn't know who to ask and I don't trust the petstore I got her from. Her sides are a very bright yellow/orange. Clear belly and some alien patterns (can't see them in the pic) this is a pic of her from up above so you can't see her sides too much I was just curious since the normals I see don't have much blushing or any yellow/orange. I love her either way and I can take more pictures if you need them

Thanks

Re: Is my BP a normal?

More pics would be appreciated but if you are talking about the one in your avatar, looks to be pastel.
    ~My Zoo~
    Boas:
    1.0 Pastel Dream MonsterTail Het Kahl (Snakerdoodle)
    0.1 Ghost Het Kahl (Dahlia)
    0.1 DRMB High Red (Matilda)

Colubrids:

0.1 Pyromelana (Vesta)

Mammals:

0.1 Quarter Pony (Peaches)
    1.0 Lippitt Morgan (Kenai)
    1.0 Chi/Pom (Bolt)
    1.0 Chesapeake Bay Retriever (Günther)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,694 Times in 1,076 Posts

Re: Is my BP a normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Plasma View Post
    I wanted to know if my ball python is a normal. I got her from a petsmart (bad idea I know) and they knew nothing about her! Thankfully she's healthy. I've had people show me their pastels and she looks exactly like them but slightly duller. I didn't know who to ask and I don't trust the petstore I got her from. Her sides are a very bright yellow/orange. Clear belly and some alien patterns (can't see them in the pic) this is a pic of her from up above so you can't see her sides too much I was just curious since the normals I see don't have much blushing or any yellow/orange. I love her either way and I can take more pictures if you need them
    Not all pet stores are bad. I work at a big box store. I always take care of my snakes and treat them well. Most employees don't but some people do know about snakes at a box store. And I always educate the buyer about each snakes habits so they are better prepared. I'm glad you took her home! Ya sneks!

I cant see her pics. But your avatar looks like a normal to me.
    ~Sunny~
    Booplesnoop
    Coilsome, Odyn, & Eeden AKA theLittleOne

0:1 Pastel Het Red Day Chocolate
    1:0 Normal
    0:0:1 Pueblan milk snake

*~* Nothing sticky (tape, stick on gauges, Velcro) goes into your enclosure! Again...NOTHING sticky goes into your enclosure....EVER! *~*

Thanks

Red face

Here are some more pics! (Sorry I couldn't get better ones! She likes to move around a lot when she's out) hopefully these are a little more helpful! I just thought she was awfully yellow for a normal and her patterns looked different. Plus a lot more blushing. I may be looking into this a bit too much but it's just something I noticed quite a bit and was always curious about. Then the pet store knew nothing about her so I decided there would be no harm in asking you guys here and seeing what you guys thought. I also know most pastels have green eyes but she wouldn't stay still long enough for me to take a good picture of them