Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,918

3 members and 2,915 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,533
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 602 Posts

Re: Mazikeen progression thread

I don't know why I doubted you guys when you said they get the stinks when they eat chicks, but dang, does that stink.

Weighed her and got some quick handling photos.
    0.1 Red Axanthic P. regius | Mazikeen
    E. climacophora | Lan Fan
    C. paulsoni | Inej

Thanks
    Quick 'n dirty feeding video because I am not a video editor.

C. paulsoni | Inej

Thanks

Found some flowers on one of the prayer plants today. Plus some handling photos as I try to gauge her size. She's getting pretty thick for a noodle that doesn't eat often lol.
    C. paulsoni | Inej

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Starscream For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (08-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts
    I didn't even realize prayer plants could flower! What's Maze weighing these days? She looks like she's about the same size as Tappy or slightly bigger. These kids growing like weeds!
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MissterDog For This Useful Post:

Starscream (08-01-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    I didn't even realize prayer plants could flower! What's Maze weighing these days? She looks like she's about the same size as Tappy or slightly bigger. These kids growing like weeds!
    Me either! A very quick google search said that they usually only flower outside when conditions are favorable... so it must think it's outside lmao.

She was 550g last weigh-in. Chunky kiddos .
    C. paulsoni | Inej

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Starscream For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (08-01-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    Me either! A very quick google search said that they usually only flower outside when conditions are favorable... so it must think it's outside lmao.

She was 550g last weigh-in. Chunky kiddos .
    Tappy is ahead of Maze now???I thought for sure she was still beating him aha, he's at 605g now! These kids omg
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

I've been following this progression for longer than I've had any ball pythons. That is one beautiful noodle!

I always thought females grew faster than males typically, but if Maze was born end of May (if I remember right), then that makes her 3 or 3 and a half months older than my boy and nearly the same weight! He was born Sept 15th, 2017 and weighed in today at 567.. I think he must just be a pig. He hasn't turned down food for me outside his first 2 sheds since I got him in January! (Been feeding him following the BP feeding chart to a T)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    Tappy is ahead of Maze now???I thought for sure she was still beating him aha, he's at 605g now! These kids omg
    He is older than her by a good 3 months lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pretends2bnormal View Post
    I've been following this progression for longer than I've had any ball pythons. That is one beautiful noodle!

I always thought females grew faster than males typically, but if Maze was born end of May (if I remember right), then that makes her 3 or 3 and a half months older than my boy and nearly the same weight! He was born Sept 15th, 2017 and weighed in today at 567.. I think he must just be a pig. He hasn't turned down food for me outside his first 2 sheds since I got him in January! (Been feeding him following the BP feeding chart to a T)

Thank you so much! She's only rejected food once while in shed, and she hatched May 22nd (I thought it was May 31 on the first page and I got it mixed it up, her hatchday is definitely May 22).

I also feed more conservatively than the feeding guide recommended by this site. The way I see it, that's more of a guide for to-be breeders; their metabolisms when studied and recorded by scientists show that they really, really don't need to be fed once a week as they get older. It's a good metric for the first six months to a year, but after that.... slowing down's usually in their best interests. I definitely do not plan on breeding Maze, ever, and slow-and-steady is by far more healthy for long-term health.

I do same prey sizes thereabout as recommended (with some variations such as multiple prey items or smaller ones for enrichment on occasion), just not the same frequency. She's a voracious feeder when I do feed her; if it were up to her, I'm sure she'd eat every two days lmao. She's a healthy shape and pretty active (for a ball python; she's still a slow mover), so so far so good lol.

Sorry for the word-vomit haha.
    C. paulsoni | Inej

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Starscream For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (08-02-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,179 Times in 575 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post

Thank you so much! She's only rejected food once while in shed, and she hatched May 22nd (I thought it was May 31 on the first page and I got it mixed it up, her hatchday is definitely May 22).

I also feed more conservatively than the feeding guide recommended by this site. The way I see it, that's more of a guide for to-be breeders; their metabolisms when studied and recorded by scientists show that they really, really don't need to be fed once a week as they get older. It's a good metric for the first six months to a year, but after that.... slowing down's usually in their best interests. I definitely do not plan on breeding Maze, ever, and slow-and-steady is by far more healthy for long-term health.

I do same prey sizes thereabout as recommended (with some variations such as multiple prey items or smaller ones for enrichment on occasion), just not the same frequency. She's a voracious feeder when I do feed her; if it were up to her, I'm sure she'd eat every two days lmao. She's a healthy shape and pretty active (for a ball python; she's still a slow mover), so so far so good lol.

Sorry for the word-vomit haha.
    That could be the difference. I don't have the chart in front of me to remember for sure, but I've only done once a week with a few skipped weeks when I saw him about to shed or I went on vacation. I try to match the prey weight not necessarily the size since the packs are so many in each. He had 2 smaller rats more often than the "right size" the last 2 or so months but representing the same weight. Now that he is big enough for smalls technically, I'm alternating weeks with a 47-50gram small and a ~40gram weaned rat. The last month or so has been a big growth spurt for him, it seems. I'm not breeding either, so it's just fascinating how quickly he's grown.

My boy has literally been fed and popped out of his hide in strike pose because I walked into the room less than one hour after eating 1 or 2 feeders. He even does it on occasion when my 55 lb dog walks past the glass too. "I see warm, is food??"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to pretends2bnormal For This Useful Post:

Starscream (08-02-2018)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pretends2bnormal View Post
    That could be the difference. I don't have the chart in front of me to remember for sure, but I've only done once a week with a few skipped weeks when I saw him about to shed or I went on vacation. I try to match the prey weight not necessarily the size since the packs are so many in each. He had 2 smaller rats more often than the "right size" the last 2 or so months but representing the same weight. Now that he is big enough for smalls technically, I'm alternating weeks with a 47-50gram small and a ~40gram weaned rat. The last month or so has been a big growth spurt for him, it seems. I'm not breeding either, so it's just fascinating how quickly he's grown.

My boy has literally been fed and popped out of his hide in strike pose because I walked into the room less than one hour after eating 1 or 2 feeders. He even does it on occasion when my 55 lb dog walks past the glass too. "I see warm, is food??"

Haha, Maze does that for the two or three days following a feeding. Any time I pop open her tub, o-oh here she comes. She's always to be disappointed, silly monster girl. They just want to be giants .
    C. paulsoni | Inej

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast