Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,873

0 members and 2,873 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,031
Threads: 248,489
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, isismomma
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Re: Mazikeen progression thread

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    This probably isn't nice or recommended, but I sometimes leave her cold hide overturned right after she eats so she will go to the hot side and actually digest. I'm a mean mom who won't let her do what she wants! lmao. Usually she does it on her own, but occasionally she just will not go to the hot side unless I intervene :/.
    Lol I don't really have to do that with Fírnen because he's already pretty good at hanging out on the warm side too. If he was always on his cold side, I think I would have to be a mean mom like you 😂😂

Ball Pythons

1.0 Normal (Fírnen)

Wishlist
    Pokigron Suriname BCC
    Mexican Black Kingsnake

Thanks
    I'd really say not to worry about it. Mine as an adult spends about 95% of his time in his cool hide, but I know he's using the warm since that's where he usually leaves the feces and urates. Plus I can tell due to the bulldozed plants. Plus he's digesting and eliminating, so whatever he's doing is working for him.

TBH I'd be worried if he used it more, probably would mean his cool side was too cold for comfort.

Think what he normally does is use the hot hide as needed after I go to sleep around 2AM (sometimes he'll just bask on top of it closer to the CHE than UTH), while preferring to sleep in his cool hide.
    Last edited by hollowlaughter; 10-06-2017 at 10:39 PM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hollowlaughter For This Useful Post:

Joci (10-06-2017),Starscream (10-06-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 602 Posts

Yesterday was cage cleaning day, so here's some shots of her cage sans big plants and wooden bridge (that won't be in there for another few days; I found gnats hovering around it and attempting to bother Maze so now it's getting a sealed finish :/).

Temps are low because I hadn't turned on the heating yet. Whil I was waiting for the CHe to warm things back up, I put Maze back in and got this:

And with the big plants back in and the temps about where I like them:

Now I just gotta figure out where I'm going to stick the wooden bridge when the time comes....

Quote Originally Posted by hollowlaughter View Post
    I'd really say not to worry about it. Mine as an adult spends about 95% of his time in his cool hide, but I know he's using the warm since that's where he usually leaves the feces and urates. Plus I can tell due to the bulldozed plants. Plus he's digesting and eliminating, so whatever he's doing is working for him.

TBH I'd be worried if he used it more, probably would mean his cool side was too cold for comfort.

Think what he normally does is use the hot hide as needed after I go to sleep around 2AM (sometimes he'll just bask on top of it closer to the CHE than UTH), while preferring to sleep in his cool hide.
    Yeah, I should probably just stop worrying so much lmao. When she's in shed she wants to be on the hot side and that's it, but most of the time the cool side is where it's at.
    0.1 Red Axanthic P. regius | Mazikeen
    E. climacophora | Lan Fan
    C. paulsoni | Inej

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Starscream For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (10-07-2017)

Thanks

Yesterday was cage cleaning day, so here's some shots of her cage sans big plants and wooden bridge (that won't be in there for another few days; I found gnats hovering around it and attempting to bother Maze so now it's getting a sealed finish :/).

Temps are low because I hadn't turned on the heating yet. Whil I was waiting for the CHe to warm things back up, I put Maze back in and got this:

And with the big plants back in and the temps about where I like them:

Now I just gotta figure out where I'm going to stick the wooden bridge when the time comes.....
    Amazing setup! You and MissterDog inspire me to keep working on lil' Fírnen's tank! Lol we have the same thermometers, what're the chances?? 😂😂

Ball Pythons

1.0 Normal (Fírnen)

Wishlist
    Pokigron Suriname BCC
    Mexican Black Kingsnake

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joci For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (10-07-2017),Starscream (10-07-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Joci View Post
    Amazing setup! You and MissterDog inspire me to keep working on lil' Fírnen's tank! Lol we have the same thermometers, what're the chances?? 😂😂
    What are the chances??? XD. I moved to those when the Acurites were driving me crazy...... These at least give you exact measurements to the decimal, with the added bonus of humidity readings. And thanks! MissterDog's enclosure is just gorgeous (I have heart-eyes as soon as I see it anywhere lol). If you're gonna have a snake as a pet why not give it the best you can, amirite? Haha.
    C. paulsoni | Inej

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Starscream For This Useful Post:

Joci (10-08-2017),MissterDog (10-08-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,028 Times in 904 Posts

What are the chances??? XD. I moved to those when the Acurites were driving me crazy...... These at least give you exact measurements to the decimal, with the added bonus of humidity readings. And thanks! MissterDog's enclosure is just gorgeous (I have heart-eyes as soon as I see it anywhere lol). If you're gonna have a snake as a pet why not give it the best you can, amirite? Haha.
    aha well that's some high praise there! Thank you

Funny enough the acurites have been starting to get on my nerves as well. You're finding that the models you have now are more accurate? I was always wondering what the wiimote looking thing was lol
    Last edited by MissterDog; 10-08-2017 at 03:01 AM.
    1.0 Ball Python (Mystic Potion) Tapioca
    0.1 Northern Pine Snake - Impa
    0.1 Russian Rat Snake (Melanistic) Kallari (RIP)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MissterDog View Post
    aha well that's some high praise there! Thank you

Funny enough the acurites have been starting to get on my nerves as well. You're finding that the models you have now are more accurate? I was always wondering what the wiimote looking thing was lol
    Yeah, that's the 'probe' for the acurite. I still use that one just so i can get a general idea of temps without bothering her. But yeah, they do seem to be. my thermostat probe is set at 87 and two inches down the thermopro reads a steady 86... which makes more sense than the acurite at 88 degrees not directly under the dome :/. (which the acurite's been reading all day. no trust)
    C. paulsoni | Inej

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Starscream For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (10-08-2017)

Thanks
    Caught Maze "basking" this morning! It's three hours since her light turned on and yet there she is, attempting to soak up some rays in the shadows.

:')
    C. paulsoni | Inej

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Starscream For This Useful Post:

MissterDog (10-08-2017)

Thanks
    Another feeding video! She's a fast girl.

As a side note to future self, I probably should have waited to post those pics until night-time, because I know I'm gonna update on feeding day. :/ (Basically at me: be less annoying lmao).
    C. paulsoni | Inej

Thanks

XD I love how in the one pic she looked at you like "what?" Such a cutie lol

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to BluuWolf For This Useful Post:

Starscream (10-09-2017)

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast