Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,968

0 members and 1,968 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,071
Threads: 248,522
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, jpriebe2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picasso Ball?

Thanks

Picasso Ball?

Anyone seen the Picasso Ball? Kind of reminds me of the retic's Tiger mutation.
    http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=337774
    MY WHITE BALLS
    Specializing in white phase ball python mutations, along with all their friends.

Follow me on Facebook:
    https://m.facebook.com/MyWhiteBallsAndFriends/

See what's available:
    http://www.morphmarket.com/stores/mywhiteballs/

Thanks

Re: Picasso Ball?

seen it but i really don't think its worth the price.
    0.1 spider het ghost 1.1 het ghost 1.1 het pied
    0.1 spider ball python 1.0 het red
    2.0 pastel 1.0 mojave 1.0 Lesser
    1.0 het clown 0.22 normals
    1.0 boxer 0.0.1 red foot

BPnet Veteran BallPythonBabe448's Avatar
    Thanks

Hasn't been proven, has it? Why would you buy a "pair" of a morph thats not proven.. it looks OK but imo is overpriced. I could buy like 10 pastels with that much money! And plus they are WC ..
    0.1 Bearded Dragon (Reka)

Thanks

Thats alot of money for something that has not even been proven IMO. I would not pay that much for a supposed "morph" not yet proven out. I do have to say, they are pretty, but the question that comes to mind is.. how do we know they are not even really different than a stripe that happens to look different b/c of whatever variables in incubating? I really dont know alot about genetics on these guys, cause I dont ever plan on breeding, but this is the frist time I have seen a "picasso ball" or a mention there of, so makes me a bit skeptical till it is proven.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

I hope that all of the "I wouldn't spend that kind of money" posters can appreciate that if it wasn't for the big breeders spending that kind of money on things like spiders, pieds, platinums, lavendars, and etc we wouldn't have all of the cool morphs we have today! All of the morphs were unproven at some point and the exporters and trappers in Africa certainly weren't giving them away for free!

These snakes obviously aren't being marketed to your average hobbyist, they are out there being marketed to people that have the money available to be able to take the risk and prove out a new morph. It's done every year, although just not as publicly as these animals.

For every morph that is proven, big money is lost on morphs that are not! At the highest levels of this hobby/business, the pros take big risks to try and bring new animals to the masses. It takes big bucks to be a ground breaker in this business and a lot of that money is lost on snakes that will never prove out, but someone has to take the shot! .... That's why when a new morph is proven, the price is initially high ... it took that breeder a lot of money to get there and he/she deserves the rewards!!

If I told you that when you breed those two animals together all of the babies will be white with red pattern elements and blue eyes would they be worth the money then? ... You bet your a$$ they would!

FWIW, I am pretty unimpressed by those particular animals, but not against an individual paying big money for something that they are passionate about trying to prove out, no matter what it looks like.

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

i do agree with you Adam but i just don't think that they are that inpressive as far as morphs go.to me that would be like paying that kind of money for a new line of pastels. now if it was (white with red pattern elements and blue eyes) now i would be a little more willing to pay those prices for them.
    0.1 spider het ghost 1.1 het ghost 1.1 het pied
    0.1 spider ball python 1.0 het red
    2.0 pastel 1.0 mojave 1.0 Lesser
    1.0 het clown 0.22 normals
    1.0 boxer 0.0.1 red foot

Thanks

I agree...not the greatest looker in the world. I would not mind having it in my collection...but definately not for that price.

Everyone seems to wish that their 'new morph' is co-dom these days. I guess the possibility of producing a wicked super form of the trait is what everyone is hoping. With the Red Axanthic and Spotnose....everyone is ready to say that their 'special bp' is co-dom and holds 'super' potential.

Personally, I would like to see some more recessive traits hit the bp market. Recessives Rock!!
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Thanks
    Thanked 1,029 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gncz73
    i do agree with you Adam but i just don't think that they are that inpressive as far as morphs go.to me that would be like paying that kind of money for a new line of pastels. now if it was (white with red pattern elements and blue eyes) now i would be a little more willing to pay those prices for them.
    Het Red Axanthics, Spotnoses, Yellow Bellies, Sugars, Fires, Phantoms, and Granites are just a few morphs that I have also heard labeled as "not impressive" until they made supers or combos! ... Now some of those "not impressive" animals have had offers of over 75K on them and been turned down!!

I used to dismiss some morphs as "not impressive" as well. For many years I would say to myself "What the heck is Tracy thinking with the spotnoses?" ... HA ... never again ... I can see the potential in EVERYTHING now!

And I totally agree with Daniel!! ... Stop the CO-DOMS!!! ... We have ENOUGH!!! Recessives ROCK!

-adam
    Click Below to Fight The National Python & Boa Ban

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing."
    - Anna Sewell, author of Black Beauty

Thanks

What was the last big recessive, the genetic stripe? I can't wait for the Patternless to hit the market. C'mon Ralph, c'mon Tracy, give us some Hets, or 50% Hets! lol Throw us a bone!
    I'm all over that one though. That's the morph to keep an eye on.
    MY WHITE BALLS
    Specializing in white phase ball python mutations, along with all their friends.

Follow me on Facebook:
    https://m.facebook.com/MyWhiteBallsAndFriends/

See what's available:
    http://www.morphmarket.com/stores/mywhiteballs/

Thanks

ya i think genetic stripes were the last recessive to hit the bp market...

what about the viper ball....ha ha...have not heard about that one in a while BHB has a few bp that are pretty awesome.....and so do a bunch of other breeders Recessives take a bit more time to prove out than co-dom/doms.....I am sure we will see something cool in the next couple of years
    -Daniel Hill
    Facebook: facebook.com/hillherp/
    Instagram: instagram.com/hillherp/
    Twitter: twitter.com/hillherp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast