Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,433

0 members and 3,433 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,095
Threads: 248,538
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Daisyg
    Thanks

Ackies vs. Timors

Anyone have experience with these? Whats the size differences as adults and how are thier care requirments different?
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Thanks

Re: Ackies vs. Timors

I have ackies and have worked with a Timor, Ackies are great not to fiesty and dont get big about the same size as a Bearded and care needs the major Difference with beardeds and ackies is diet and temps Ackies are carnivorous and like there basking temp around 120-130 depending on the ackie mine loves it in the mid 120s. Ackies like all monitors should be kept on a loose subtrate I used cypress mulhc for mine. Ackies are like tanks once they grow up its almost impossible to kill them. There are 2 types of ackies Reds and Yellows the Reds get a little bigger and are known to be more fiesty and yellows are known for begin a bit more laid back. An adult ackie will need a 40gal breader as a home and that can house a pair of them.
    Timors get bigger than ackies 3' as a avg some larger though they are mostly tail length, they are very shy animals that tend to hide alot. and have stricter care needs.
    -Sean
    Mazdaspeed 3, yeah its silly fast!

Thanks

Re: Ackies vs. Timors

Thanks for the info Sean. I do appreciate it alot. Ackies sound awesome, did not realise Timors got that big. I would really like to get one... at this point I am exploring info and options.
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"