Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 2,708

0 members and 2,708 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,083
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, NopeRopeMD
    Thanks

Is she really just friendly?

So I have a new baby. Well, she's about 6 months now. Ive jad her from a hatchling.. and she really seems to like attention? All my other guys are tame, but she is more so. Jer humidity and temp are good, so she's comfortable. Butevery time she sees me, she comes out of her hide and gets busy. Ill open the top and she comes right to me. As soon as I pick her up, she's content being held for forever, and wont let go when I put her back. She likes to explore some but prefers to be in my hand it seems. Is that normal?

Thanks

Is she really just friendly?

Ball Pythons are one of the more docile snakes. While I'm generally new to owning Ball Pythons, I've had many friends who have them, and they do seem to enjoy being out of their cage and even being with their owners. She probably associates your smell and you with safety, security and warmth and actively seeks you out. They can be real puppy dogs and even mine is becoming to appreciate out of cage time. This is mainly why they're so popular in the reptile hoppy is because their so friendly or docile to say the least. Bp's really do have their own individual personalities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by JustinGatCat; 06-22-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,854 Times in 4,776 Posts
    Individual critters will have their own "personalities". Some will be typical - hide most of the time, docile, but they can take or leave interaction with people.

I have two out of several dozen that are like you describe: not at all fearful, curious, will pop out of the tubs and crawl on you of their own volition, etc. Now that said, when they come out I don't know if it's because they "like" me, or if it's because I'm just a convenient stepping stone to the neighboring rack of females...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bcr229 For This Useful Post:

FNG (06-23-2017)