Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,323

1 members and 3,322 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,534
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,859 Times in 4,779 Posts

Re: Cool side temp too high

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanne View Post
    I live in Arizona desert, have all my life.. swamp coolers are useless here bc its too hot. Swamp coolers only are blowing air over pads that are wet w warm/hot water. They just dont work. Unless ofcourse you put blocks of ice into the bottom of swamp and even then, it only helps blow cold at night bc day time temps of 116 like we have had over last cpl day still melts the ice blocks quicker than they can help during the day.
    Ok I thought they also worked by evaporative cooling, basically pulling heat energy out of the air to evaporate the water, which is why they don't work in humid environments.

I couldn't imagine 116*F and no A/C.

Thanks

Re: Cool side temp too high

Quote Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
    Ok I thought they also worked by evaporative cooling, basically pulling heat energy out of the air to evaporate the water, which is why they don't work in humid environments.

I couldn't imagine 116*F and no A/C.
    About 13 yrs ago, we were temporarily living in a 30ft 5th wheel rv... w 2 teens... it was sooooo bad... the rv ac didnt work.. we had a swamp cooler and it was useless except late late at night whn the ice in there wld last long enough to make a difference... daytime was miserable. I will nvr live in an rv again.

Lol last night it got down to 95 degrees by midnight where I am, and by 5am was 101. Its now 2pm almost and 109.. a mild day compared to the last few.

And yeah. Swamp coolers dont do well in humid environments as well. I kno exactly what U mean. Wonder if there is a place they do well... they are so inefficient as well.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    *Jeanne*

"To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12