Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 3,048

2 members and 3,046 guests
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

» Stats

Members: 75,079
Threads: 248,525
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Remarkable

Thread: Hi

Thanks

Hi

Hi
    I'm new to this site as a member but have frequently looked over it over the last 6 months or so for reassurance.
    Looking forward to 'virtually' meeting folk and expanding my knowledge of BPs.

I've been fortunate enough in my years to have owned a lot of pets (horses, dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, terrapins, fish and not forgetting the stick insects...)

These days I just have one pet - A 9 month old BP who I got in October 2016 (after going in for a corn snake and falling in love with the little BP) and he is possibly the most beautiful creature on earth and the best pet ever.

After a long often stressful deadline meeting day I get home and open the doors to his Viv. Sometimes he will have an explore around but mostly seems happy stretched out along my legs whilst getting stroked.

Shedding started off as a painful process - it took several days and was very flakey but now leading up to a shed he has warm baths for 5 mins each night once his eyes turn blue and shedding is pretty much in one go now and never takes longer than about 45 mins.

He has just this weekend moved into a bigger viv and seems a bit unsure but I hope he will be back to his normal self after a couple of days.

Anyway i rambled on a bit there - I was only going to say Hi :-)

Tash

Thanks
    Thanked 4,898 Times in 2,993 Posts

Hi

Welcome fellow pet lover !!

I've kept all those and more - no horses though

Just one little thing ... if you spray the viv a few times daily as soon as his eyes clear he will shed in one perfect rolled up piece a few days later - no need for all those little soaks ..
    Last edited by Zincubus; 06-22-2017 at 06:05 AM.

Thanks

Re: Hi

Thank you :-)

Thanks

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by tashmonroe View Post
    Thank you :-)
    Soooo I got to thinking of all the creatures I've had as a child and as a parent ..

Dogs , cats , rabbits , Guinnie pigs , snakes obviously , lizards , stick insects , all kinds of tropical fish ( faves were Discus and Lake Malawi cichlids ) plus Golden Tench ( stunning ) . Tortoise many years ago , two pet ducks , a pet Pike ( in a pond ) . Some Piranhas which were too hungry and too high maintenance and got traded for a colour TV

Also taken in loads of sick / orphaned birds over the years including a pyschotic SparrowHawk
    Last edited by Zincubus; 06-22-2017 at 07:30 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    Some Piranhas which were too hungry and too high maintenance and got traded for a colour TV

I had pirahn a years ago. I thought they were easy to keep but boring til feeding time. I rehomed mine as well

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (06-22-2017)

Thanks

Hi

I just recall the bloodbath at feeding time ( beef heart as I recall ) but even that got boring after a while ...
    They look great in massive tanks , in huge shoals with industrial filtration - like Zoos for instance
    Last edited by Zincubus; 06-22-2017 at 11:04 AM.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,072 Times in 5,330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
    I just recall the bloodbath at feeding time ( beef heart as I recall ) but even that got boring after a while ...
    They look great in massive tanks , in huge shoals with industrial filtration - like Zoos for instance

I had 3 in a 30 gallon tall. The setup looked great. People who came over loved the tank, but I got bored with them fairly quickly. I have silver dollars now, just as pretty, much more fun.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Craiga 01453 For This Useful Post:

Zincubus (06-23-2017)