Vote for BP.Net for the 2013 Forum of the Year! Click here for more info.

» Site Navigation

» Home
 > FAQ

» Online Users: 1,417

0 members and 1,417 guests
No Members online
Most users ever online was 6,337, 01-24-2020 at 04:30 AM.

» Today's Birthdays

None

» Stats

Members: 75,093
Threads: 248,532
Top Poster: JLC (31,651)
Welcome to our newest member, Amethyst42
    Thanks

New Here, New There

Hello all. I just acquired my first BP last weekend (Sat.) after meeting him* at the pet store while getting the dog a "paw-dicure" so she doesn't tear our skin off in her fits of joy upon our triumphant returns from work.

Hasn't even been a week yet and boy, have I learned a lot. While I've been guest creeping around the forum all week for advice on fixing my immediately apparent short-comings, I figured it would be a good idea to sign up and interact when needed. Don't know if I'll ever have anything new to bring to the table but at least now I can ask all my dumb questions and hopefully get answers to keep the little guy* happy and comfortable. I've had as much of a time trying to manage his* stress as I've had trying to manage my own about where I am doing too much or not enough.

I'm a recent transplant to south-central PA after growing up outside of Baltimore and living in Frederick, MD for a few years. I have one pitbull/boxer mix who just turned 4 years old last month--she's afraid of almost everything but snuggling and attention from anyone willing to give it to her. Have been interested in owning a snake, probably my whole life (much to the chagrin of my mother, I'm sure) but never really had the space or money to do so. The time just seemed to be right last weekend so I finally took the plunge.

Anyway, hello all. Pleasure to be here. Look forward to meeting everyone and interacting. Your advice thus far has been appreciated and endlessly valuable and I'm sure will continue to be as I move forward in this new adventure.

*The employee at the pet store surmised it was a male but said it was "too young to tell" and said they're really not supposed to do that for whatever reason but the chances were good that it is, in fact male.
    Last edited by thecreature8; 06-21-2017 at 12:58 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to thecreature8 For This Useful Post:

dr del (06-21-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,435 Times in 2,891 Posts

happy to have you! don't be afraid to ask any questions you might have; that's how you learn. and don't forget to post pics of your new noodle!!!
    4.4 ball python
    1.0 Albino 0.1 Coral Glow 0.1 Super Cinnamon paradox 1.0 Piebald 0.1 Pastel Enchi Leopard het Piebald 1.0 Coral Glow het Piebald

1.0 corn snake
    1.0 Hypo

1.0 crested gecko
    0.1 ????

0.1 cat
    0.1 Maine Coon mix

0.1 human ✌︎

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tttaylorrr For This Useful Post:

thecreature8 (06-22-2017)